Where to start on the path of mediumship

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

caithiggs

Where to start on the path of mediumship

Post by caithiggs » Tue May 13, 2014 3:18 pm

I have seen a medium in the past who told me I should not go see psychics or mediums because it is useless to me and that I have mediumship ability which I can access in dreaming. I believe she was being sincere (why would someone tell you you shouldn't come to them when you are paying them?) and that it is true. However, I have had this information for several years now and nothing has come of it, so it's not something that seems to just come to me. (I mean I have had experiences here and there to indicate the potential is here, just nothing solid).

What kind of resources are available when seeking to tap into this potential? I have never been one for self motivated meditation. Are there guided meditations I could seek? Would you recommend finding classes or teachers on the subject?

I don't like to go around talking to people about this subject because I don't know many people who think like me, or anyone with any kind of authority on the subject, otherwise I would love finding information through conversation about it. Seems like if you talk about this kind of thing people think you are nuts (at least that is my biggest fear). I had another medium tell me I was not spiritual at all (do I attract discouraging words to me or what?) So now I feel quite discouraged from talking to mediums about it since I seem to attract negative attitudes toward me (or so I perceive).

I really feel that at some point in my life I would like to wake up from this darkness shrouding me from receiving guidance. I have never connected with authority figures or role models in my life and I believe my answers lie with my spirit guides and higher self--but have no idea how to get my foot into their world. I feel as if I am stranded in a world of low vibrations where I cannot access/connect with them and don't know how to improve my situation.

Hopefully this wasn't too long winded and I can find some kind of feedback or advice here. Thanks!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat May 24, 2014 4:25 pm

I just wrote a rather long answer in the psychic forum on Spirit Guides - perhaps a dander at that would give some starting point.  

I am a firm believer that is we have an interest, our best approach is education to understand it.  I even give courses in spirituality that include all the topics of psychic and mediumship development.  So your first step is a good teacher!  

Circles for development are run in most Spiritualism centres.  Perhaps accessing Spiritualism where you live would help?  If you suggested a location I could try to help you source something hands on.  

Yes we can meander all over the place and take workshops (money permitting) but to fully understand ourselves we need a meditation program.  That is where we will get in touch with ourselves, reach out to our spirit guides, and then attune for the experiences of the messages.
God bless, J

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat May 24, 2014 4:27 pm

Perhaps check out this thread for help:

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=84110
God bless, J

Brahma Mihira

Re: Where to start on the path of mediumship

Post by Brahma Mihira » Fri May 29, 2020 3:42 pm

Mediumship is one kind of spiritual awaking. To practice this mainly you can follow 3 steps. One is education. You should read many books about spirit guides, angels, ascend master and elementals. Different teachers use different methods for link with spirits. From reading books and articles, you can create your own method. More than follow each methods, it is better create your own method.

Second path is virtue powers or precepts. You should observe some guidelines by yourself. Such as stay away from alcohol, smoking, having too much sex - which are factors that negative spirits attract to you. Also use positive words. Pork and beef like meats interact with negative souls in spirit world.

Final path is meditation. Firstly you can do grounding meditation, cleaning meditation and go for chakra empowering meditation. Also you can do “om” meditation or any other simple meditation such as breathing meditation. After few months, your mind is strong enough for dealing with spirit worlds. Then you can practice tarot cards and runes. Reading practice is better way to measure your level. When client say, you are on the point then you are on top in the track. :smt007
Neither mother, father nor any other relative can do one great splendor than one's own well-directed mind!

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”