Advice about nerves when giving messages from spirit 1-to-1???

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mrskr87

Advice about nerves when giving messages from spirit 1-to-1???

Post by mrskr87 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi everybody,
I'm a developing medium but have recently found that I struggle more when I come to giving 1-to-1 readings.. in a circle or group my links feel quite clear yet sit me in front of someone and I'm suddenly lost, my mind feels blank... is this just my own nerves??
Can anyone give me any advice on how to get beyond this??

I find that the information comes through but its distorted and feels so much harder to grasp and my delivery just isn't as accurate.. and I feel quite deflated afterwards.

Advice anyone??
xx :smt017

Talia

Re: Advice about nerves when giving messages from spirit 1-to-1???

Post by Talia » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:30 am

mrskr87 wrote:Hi everybody,
I'm a developing medium but have recently found that I struggle more when I come to giving 1-to-1 readings.. in a circle or group my links feel quite clear yet sit me in front of someone and I'm suddenly lost, my mind feels blank... is this just my own nerves??

I find that the information comes through but its distorted and feels so much harder to grasp and my delivery just isn't as accurate.. and I feel quite deflated afterwards.

Advice anyone??
An old post but the question is still very relevant to any new or developing medium.

I wuld suggest that you stand back and take some time and do not pressure yourself in these one to one situatoins. Perhaps have some tarot cards with you or angel deck and use that with your reading.

It is often far easier to pick up a spirit link if you have the energy of a circle. It is hard to contact a particular spirit if they do not want that contact (for whatever reason) and if you have the sitter in front of you then that is a very uncomfortable situation.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Advice about nerves when giving messages from spirit 1-to-1???

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:27 pm

mrskr87 wrote:Hi everybody,

Advice anyone??
It is very common! It is the same thing with meditation. The more you *try*, the more fleeting and superficial the experience of 'being in the zone' becomes.

Divination and spiritual practices require a reset of mind-set. Most of the day we use our conscious, logical, controlling mind and it has a useful purpose in worldly realm. It needs to be reined in, distracted, kept busy in a corner in order to let the much larger sub-conscious function uninterruptedly.

Some manage to distract/engage the 'monkey' through music, chanting, other devices etc. You can try that. You may have to try out a few different means to see which one clicks-in.

Talia

Post by Talia » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:44 pm

Yes, the more you get into the 'zone' the easier it is, but still I find that 1 on 1 with us calling the time we want a message can be very difficult, so much is at stake and so much needs to be in the right vibrational area, especially as some sitters give off so much grief or anger or nervousness that they upset the delicate link.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:18 pm

Talia wrote:Yes, the more you get into the 'zone' the easier it is, but still I find that 1 on 1 with us calling the time we want a message can be very difficult, so much is at stake and so much needs to be in the right vibrational area, especially as some sitters give off so much grief or anger or nervousness that they upset the delicate link.
Not sure what you meant by "sitters", or 'stake'...? :smt017

Talia

Post by Talia » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:52 am

When giving a mediumship reading the recipient is called a 'sitter' they are in the mediumship sitting.

At stake, well one to one is usually a paid for reading and so there are expectations and guarantees etc?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:15 pm

Talia wrote:When giving a mediumship reading the recipient is called a 'sitter' they are in the mediumship sitting.

At stake, well one to one is usually a paid for reading and so there are expectations and guarantees etc?
Gee, I thought that divinators, spiritualists on this glorious spiritual path (particularly on free forums) were not in this primarily for money, drumming up business, carving a career (unlike accountants, lawyers, businesspersons etc)  :smt002

So sitters is same as seekers, nativities, clients as astrologers call that group.

Thanks for expanding my vocabulary and helping me understand the dynamics of the field.

Regards.

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”