Seances?

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

spring88

Seances?

Post by spring88 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:55 pm

Hi all does anyone conduct or have had experiences with séances?
How can one contact a love one and is there a time frame?
thanks.
spring

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:15 am

Hi Spring,

Seances are to do with mediums, which is why I am moving your posting to the Mediumship Understanding and Development  forum,

I have attended a seance on several occasions during the early 1980s with a physical medium, when I was a member of the South Australian Psychic Development Association (which no longer exists).

I do not regard myself as a medium, but have had several mediumistic  experiences in the past and sometimes during a normal psychic reading I have suddenly become aware that there is a spirit personality behind the messages that I am getting.

Unless you are already a highly gifted and powerful natural  medium (you would know that you are one of those by now), it is probably better for you to consult a reputable medium at least at first, as mediumship development usually requires many years of practice, sacrifice and often being exposed to public ridicule and possible legal prosecution in some countries under the Witchcraft Act.

Also when you are still grieving for your significant loss your powerful emotions can often get in the way of a spirit being able to communicate, so it is better to not be the medium when you are also the one who is mourning. Many mediums  consult other mediums when they have lost a loved one, for this reason.

No there is no time frame for developing as a medium.

Obviously if you are a natural medium and you find a good teacher and you practice regularly you would not expect it to take as long as if you are slightly mediumistic, cannot find a good teacher or mediumistic development group and must therefore practise on your own, or you lack the necessary self discipline and commitment to practice your skills on a regular basis.

Without the natural abilities, good teacher and regular practice both within a closed group as well as by yourself, developing into a reasonably good medium may take longer than you still have to live.

Are you willing to wait that long, to hear from him or her? If not, consult a medium instead of trying to do it yourself. You do not need to be a medium to talk to your loved one in Spirit, but if you want to get some answers to your most troubling questions, a medium is usually required to make and maintain the energy connection on your behalf.

Regards,

EoT

spring88

Thanks.

Post by spring88 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:34 am

I lost my dear mother in 1998 and never felt she was still with me.  It was and is she passed on to the next level.  However my greatgrandmother whom i never met i feel a connection, her life was filled unswered questions.
I also for a while connected to my step father.
Can a medium help me get a responce from my mother?
Thanks. Spring

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:31 am

A medium does not call the spirits.

If they do not  want to come and talk to you, nobody can make them do it.

If your mother wishes to communicate with you or has reason to do so, she would try to do this through a medium.

There are no guarantees that communication  will be possible, or that it will be possible through that particular medium.

Or that your somebody else other than your mother will not want to communicate  with you through that medium on that day, instead of her.

EoT

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”