Mediumship and Mystic Board - I need your feedback

Similar to the material in the Mediumship - Questions and Answers forum, but at a more advanced level.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Mediumship and Mystic Board - I need your feedback

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:06 am

Some of our older members will know that the mediumship section of this site was very capably administered by Spiritalk, but she has not posted here since June of 2014.

Because of her departure and various other administrative reasons, the mediumship area has largely gone quiet since then, with a few rare exceptions.

This situation has been made significantly worse by a total ban on all mediumship readings, which has been in operation since not that long after I first registered as a member in 2007.

Everything is up for review over the coming months, and our policy about mediumship readings and indeed how we could possibly make the mediumship area of the site more interesting, informative and attractive to developing mediums and non mediums (?) is being given a higher priority than it has ever been given in the past. We (Swetha and myself) think that it is that important!

What I suppose that I am asking for here is some preliminary feedback from you the members, about whether you believe that this review is worthwhile (it is definitely overdue), and if you have any ideas which could be used in order to achieve our common goal of restoring mediumship to its rightful place along side the other psychic and spiritual subject areas, as an equal and not as it has unfortunately become during the last couple of years an unwelcome guest or poor cousin.

No offence is intended to anyone of you who has aspirations to become more aware of and develop their mediumship abilities by this observation. We want to correct this imbalance ASAP, and not to do anything which could potentially prolong and accelerate its current decline into irrelevancy and loss of any interest.

If you have any interest whatsoever either as a developing medium or alternately as someone who truly believes that mediumship discussions, tutorials and eventually possibly readings still have a future on Mystic Board, then please clearly indicate this under this thread.

Thank you everyone for READING this, or to all my readers.

Brian  Image

PS: While this review is happening, all the existing mediumship forums are open for your questions, discussions and study at your convenience. While I will answer some of these questions myself, this area is open to any other helper team or general member who feels qualified to comment and offer friendly advice. As long as our valued members get some friendly and useful advice and encouragement and inspiration on these forums, the identity of the person who offers them is irrelevant. IMHO

Talia

Post by Talia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:33 am

Well that wasn't what I was expecting, I thought this might be an interesting discussion about mediumship lol, not about its future.

Why were readings banned? What were the specific reasons?

I can understand that the reading might need careful monitoring so they do not upset anyone but they can really give comfort to those left behind. We can all develop our skills at seeing messages from the spirit world.  It may take a lot of hard work and sometimes a long time before any significant results are seen. I find that the more people read and practice and mediate the closer they get to the energies that come from the spirit world and so the more they can perceive spirit.

Sometimes spirit come through in a reading and it is up to the reader to either pass that on or keep it to themself.
Some of the other threads seem to be more Spiritualism orientated and that may be the stumbling block as the religion has so many rules and guidelines.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:59 am

Talia,

Hopefully we can turn this into an interesting and useful discussion about the future of mediumship on Mystic Board. I see no useful purpose being served by examining all the reasons why mediumship readings have been banned up until now, and I am not necessarily saying that we have committed ourselves to offering mediumship readings in the future.

You have already identified some of the reasons why mediumship readings may require an extra level of moderation and supervision and sensitivity which are not usually necessary with readings about this world. Another reason is that mediumship readings are usually better given in real time in text or voice chat rooms, and at this stage we neither have the resources nor enough readers to always have at least one to supervise and oversee the chat rooms 24/7.
Sometimes spirit come through in a reading and it is up to the reader to either pass that on or keep it to themself.
No please do not keep it to yourself. For some time now Swetha has allowed readers who get a spirit spontaneously coming through during a normal reading, to pass on any information which they are getting to the member. We only ask that you do this with sensitivity to the fact that the person is most likely grieving or mourning their significant loss (even when it happened months or years before)

It is specifically requesting a mediumship reading which is the issue here.
We can all develop our skills at seeing messages from the spirit world.
Not all of us want to develop their skills for getting messages from the spirit world. Not all of us want to be mediums. While all mediums are psychic, not all psychics are mediums. It must always be a conscious decision on their part, as the path of a medium can often be a lonely and challenging one to walk.

Mystic Board can only provide members with the opportunities and resources which we think that they will need to develop their mediumship skills, if they want to develop their mediumship skills, and if they first believe that they have mediumship skills which could be developed.

As for your observation about many of the existing threads being orientated towards Spiritualism (excellent point), that was largely because the person who once administered it was herself an ordained Spiritualist minister and medium of good repute.

It was natural therefore that this kind and generous woman would be looking at mediumship through the eyes of her religion, but the rules and guidelines of Spiritualism in no way stopped her from giving comfort and compassion to members of all religions, or those members not identifying with any particular religion (such as myself).  

However if we are to move forwards with mediumship readings and discussions in the future on MB (this is still to be worked out), then I completely agree with you that we will need to keep them relatively free or independent of any religious restrictions, although the sitter's (as well as the reader's) religious beliefs must of course continue to be respected at all times.

Thanking you so much for your positive and constructive feedback.

Thank you everyone,

Brian  Image

Return to “Mediumship Understanding and Development”