How to assess mediums

Post your questions here. Have a healthy discussion, and learn to develop your psychic skills as a novice medium.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mbrlr

How to assess mediums

Post by mbrlr » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:57 pm

For laypeople, how can one discern if someone offering or describing himself as a medium is in fact truly in contact with those forces or possesses that ability?  Is there a means or mechanism to make that assessment or is it mainly a matter of luck?  I've seen folks who professed to be mediums who were obviously faking and I've seen those who honestly seemed honest, but how can one tell?
cymru am byth!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:03 pm

Such a good question!  Seeking a medium for yourself is a matter of trial and error.  When you just know that you are compatible there will be a feeling of comfort in the compatibility.  Those are the regular instincts that make us comfortable with other people.  Its in the water - so to speak.  

If we remember there is a psychic/medium for everyone - perhaps it isn't so much  frauds as they just don't resonate with either yourself or your needs.  I recently read a line in a book that keeps me in that balance - it said that for every psychic their is a client and vice versa.  We never know what will resonate with one and not another.
God bless, J

joylynne

Post by joylynne » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:48 pm

I deffo agree with you spirittalk.  On the other hand, just like shopping for a doctor, dentist, etc., there should be no rule with the person that you can't interview" so to speak.  You can ask how long they've been doing it, or what there most important experience was, or which form of divination they most like to deal with.  While I wouldn't probably ask a million questions, I think anyone honest would not mind you doing this.   Also, if you've then been read by this person a couple or few times, you will definetly know how accurate they are.  hope this helps

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:12 pm

An honest and sincere medium does not mind the 'interview' process.  After all, there are so few ways to know about another, without some interogation.
God bless, J

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:17 pm

This reminded me of the television show, Phenomenon. Did you see the other night's showing?
I am just like you.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:06 pm

The actual proof of a medium is in the message.  Information not previously known and/or researched is the criteria for a spirit source available.
God bless, J

joylynne

Post by joylynne » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:42 pm

Yes, I definitely agree with you spirittalk.  

I do have a question though.

Some people say well it could be years from now, or could be happening to a friend of yours, etc.  

Do you think on the first visit to someone that is imperative to have a solid confirmation?

joylynne

Post by joylynne » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:47 pm

I definetly agree with that spiritalk.

I do have a question though.

Do you think on the first visit to a medium you should have confirmation of some sort?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:53 pm

You should always have confirmation from a medium.  The fact is that sometimes they can bring someone from spirit who you just don't recognize on the spot.  Give it time - it will come to you - don't push it.

A psychic reading is about your energies and material life.  A mediumship reading is about spirit input.
God bless, J

joylynne

Post by joylynne » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:13 pm

I do agree you won't always recognize someone on the spot.

Since you answered so fast  , another one...

How often do you think someone should go to a medium?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:50 pm

Never visit a medium (or psychic) any more than twice a year.  If any prediction has not manifested by that time, then you have changes to make to allow it to happen.  And if it has happened, why another reading?  Don't ignore the advice and make sure you are aligned with the message.  In that way it will happen for you.  If not, you have work to do - another reading won't help.
God bless, J

joylynne

Post by joylynne » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:13 pm

Thanks spiritalk.  I agree with that advice, but nice to hear it from someone else.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:55 pm

I have some people that call all the time - it is like they can't make a move without talking it over with a psychic - half the time I am not attuned as such - they are not getting a reading per se - they are getting life advice.  Recently I had to get firm and almost annoyed with one who isn't making any moves to stand on their own two feet and blames everyone and sundry.  Get a life! is the message.
God bless, J

NAAANEE

Post by NAAANEE » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:09 pm

in India they talk about Guru(Master) and upa-gurus(sub-masters) instead of psychics.A master is a highly powerful one who can guide 1000's of people at a time.Upa-gurus can be many.Upa-guru's can be animals too.by observation we learn the things from them.they tell to get a highly powerful one has done great sadhana in His previous life then only they will be getting God realised soul.
NAAANEE

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:51 pm

Now my understanding of guru is as a teacher?  I may wrong in this - you can tell me.  A psychic is about councelling someone on their life's path.  They can help a client find the right answers to move onward into their own prosperity and life.  That is slightly different than the teacher.
God bless, J

Return to “Mediumship - Questions and Answers”