Blue lights

Post your questions here. Have a healthy discussion, and learn to develop your psychic skills as a novice medium.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Blue lights

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:46 am

At times when I am simply relaxing watching TV or doing something which is not in any way related to matters of a psychic nature, I have noticed the appearance of small blue lights in my field of peripheral vision.

As soon as they get my attention and I look directly towards them, they quickly blink out of existence.

If these are optical illusions or are the symptoms of underlying problems with my eyes, why are they always the same blue colour? Am I actually seeing them with my physical eyes, and do you believe that these seemingly random blue lights are  either energies related to spirits (or are the spirits themselves)?

The reason why I ask this is that these lights make me feel that an actual person is dropping in to pay me a quick visit, although he or she has never made any attempt to communicate, and I have never been able to get a response. This is terribly frustrating as the blue lights so rapidly disappear that I often feel that I have missed an important opportunity to make contact and to further develop my mediumship abilities, yet again.

Your comments and input would as always be much appreciated,

eye_of_tiger :smt009

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:48 pm

Of course the first step is to eliminate all physical problems that may exist with your eyes.  A single colour could be a symptom of something in the eyes.

Orbs or light flash manifestations are a common thing from spirit realms.  They can appear quickly and let you know comfort of their continued existence.  There is usually no communication from these sightings.  They are kind of random and perhaps easiest to perform for the spirit presence.
God bless, J

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:51 am

Hello again J, Image

I take your point about the wisdom of having your eyes first thoroughly checked out by your optometrist for floaters and other more potentially serious underlying problems which may lead to coloured spots appearing in your visual field. It is definitely better to be safe than sorry, but in my case other than being moderately short sighted and nearly 55 years of age, I have been given the all clear when it comes to my eyesight.

One other interesting point I forgot to mention is that the blue lights always seem to appear only to my right side, about 45 degrees to the right from looking straight in front of me. From what I understand about the small number of colour detecting cones in that part of the human retina, seeing any colour at that angle is quite difficult, which is why the depth and intensity of the blue lights is so very impressive to me.

There is usually no communication from these sightings.  They are kind of random and perhaps easiest to perform for the spirit presence.

I actually assumed that this might be the case, but I was hoping against hope that you might disagree that this was always so. It is really not of much comfort and encouragement to anyone as a potential medium that a departed loved one or guide wants to simply drop in now and then to spy on them (or to show off their ability to manifest at our level), without wishing to communicate with them in any manner at the same time.

Antisocial spirits?   Image

EOT  Image

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:56 pm

Perhaps the newcomer who hasn't managed the ropes yet?  But at the same time is very concerned or interested in their loved ones?  Perhaps they just find it easier to manifest one way over another.
God bless, J

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:21 pm

Hi eye_of_tiger if you go to the psychic  board other people have discussed this under flashes of light

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Even mediums and their guides can laugh?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:03 am

My thanks to Chris for the tip, but none of it tells me anything new. The blue lights I see will stay there for some considerable time, as long as I do not stare directly at them. They are much more longer lasting than the flashes that were discussed in the Psychic forum.

Maybe this is because the particular spirit involved is more advanced in being able to manifest for a longer period of time at our physical level.

My comment about antisocial spirits was I hope not offensive to anyone, as many times my strange sense of humour is the only thing we keeps me sane. Although mediumship is associated by it's very nature with death, surely even God has a sense of the ridiculous, so why can't we also when it is appropriate to the occasion, in order to lighten up things a little?

Question: Does God have a sense of humour?

Answer: Perhaps the best indication that God does have a sense of humor is that He created man in His image (Genesis 1:27), and certainly people are able to perceive and express humor.........

http://www.gotquestions.org/God-humor.html

And once again thank you to J for his guidance,

eye_of_tiger Image

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:12 am

Although this may not agree with what others have experienced on these lights i have experienced them in any part of my vision
the most beautiful fluttered like a butterfly above my daughters head and staying for the duration of the message her friend who as past over came through with a message for her she was bigger than normal usually she was small like a flicker and i would get a smell of dolly mixtures with her i can only tell you from my own experience of these flashes
as i have experienced the growth of this flickering light of my daughters friend i have come to the conclusion that spirit come through first as a flicker then larger as they become more able then they start to manifest( this may also be due to the experience of the medium ) i now some times see spirit when they visit visual not in my head all the time they to me look like an image you would see in a shop window their there but not solid

i have attached a photo one evening when these flickers where around quite a lot i decided although they move extremely fast i would just see if i could catch them on photo
please note because i see different coloured lights as well i was looking through the camera lens not directly at it so i can not guarantee that this one is the same i have blown it up as much as i can with out loosing quality
Attachments
Flash.jpg
Flash.jpg (7.91 KiB) Viewed 2065 times

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:38 am

These small flashes of blue light can also make there presence felt i have observed that  i can ask to see the lights they don't always reveal them selves to me but when they do  i have observed that when they brush past a persons cheek that person will say they feel a webbing/tickle on the face .on telling my brother this he said do i have spirit near me i observed a small flicker in the hairs on his arm i went up and touched him where i saw this flicker he said ye that's where it was tickling i sensed it was our Nana but there was no message
i hope this will help you under stand more about these flickers as my understanding grows i will post

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:57 pm

I demonstrate quite frequently in a congregation setting for Spiritualism.  As mediumship developed, it was less light and more form during the demonstrations.  I still see a lot of congregated spirit when I demonstrate - perhaps waiting their turn to be acknowledged and/or addressed in the meeting.

Spirit caught on photographs is quite common - but can also be disputed as being dust and/or a photographic anomaly.

As to God having a sense of humor...consider...

Male sex drive peaks at 19, woman's sex drive peaks in the 30s.  How fair is that?  LOL

Yes, we are in the image of God through our spirit.  And our spirit is light hearted as in, have you ever heard someone say - he is in good spirits today?
God bless, J

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:51 pm

spiiritalk Quote:Spirit caught on photographs is quite common - but can also be disputed as being dust and/or a photographic anomaly.

Well i can not prove to you that this was not dust or anything else what i saw was flashing lights i just flashed the camera due to the quickness of these i didnt expect to catch them on camera
you can drought there validity everyone as their own opinion i only posted it so eye_of_tiger could see one close up

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:48 pm

I was merely giving the objective thought to any phenomena.  

It is very difficult to 'prove' anything in the paranormal arena.  Photography has been with us since the invention of the camera.  When it was large plates that were installed into the camera, they were often used separate from the apparatus to prove the presence of spirit.

I loved your photo.  Catching a fleeting light is very good.
God bless, J

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:46 am

To both Chris and J, Image

And I just wanted to thank Chris as well for posting his photo of the flashing light, even though none of this proves anything beyond reasonable doubt. While only approximately 5% of such photos are not later explained away by being due to dust particles too near the lens of the digital camera (as with many so called orbs) or some reflection off surrounding objects or fault of the camera, the fact that some are still totally unexplainable after so many years still surely warrants further investigation.

Another point which I would like to make here is that establishing that the flashes are of a paranormal variety does not necessarily then mean that all paranormal flashes are due to an actual spirit presence. As I mentioned before, many parapsychologists suggest that these are manifestations of psychic energy stores to be used later by a spirit entity to manifest at our physical level, rather than being the entity itself. There are consequently no wrong or right answers?

Publishing treasured photos of what you have personally come to believe represent genuine spirit phenomena is obviously often associated with deep feelings and emotions, so I would in turn feel terribly upset if my question had unintentionally lead to there being serious misunderstandings or conflicts between the two of you over this matter, which will always contain at least some element of doubt.

I have seen too many what would have otherwise been long lasting firm friendships broken up beyond repair over such disagreements as to what is regarded as being genuinely paranormal or not, and I therefore would not like to see a same thing happen between you and J, as I assure you that I respect and value both your input and efforts on my behalf.

Perhaps we are each at times the unwilling victims of our own above average sensitivities to all things, and not simply to things of a psychic or intuitive nature.

I know I am!!!!!   :smt009  :smt010

Kindest regards to you both,

eye_of_tiger Image

Return to “Mediumship - Questions and Answers”