Inner Listening

Post your questions here. Have a healthy discussion, and learn to develop your psychic skills as a novice medium.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Inner Listening

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:03 am

Hello again J, :smt031

I have recently discovered this website which offers an exercise called INNER LISTENING.

http://www.staceywolf.com/html/inner_listening.html

While it seems mainly designed as an exercise to make us more aware of and to further develop our psychic senses (including clairvoyance, clairsentience and of course clairaudience), do you believe that it could be adapted in any way specifically in order to develop mediumship?

I own a book with the title of "The Art of Inner Listening" by Jessie K. Crum 1984 [Re-quest books] and not only does it emphasise that such exercises are only intended to develop clairaudience (psychic or clear hearing), but that it must NEVER involve anything of a mediumistic nature in the way of attempting to communicate with spirits.

Do you feel that her obvious fear is simply a result of her very conservative religious upbringing, or do you think instead that she believes that her newer students are not yet adequately prepared to extend the exercise to exploring whatever mediumship abilities they might already possess?

I did warn you that I had quite a lot of questions concerning mediumship, basically because up until now I have not had the opportunities that your course has offered me, to be able to ask them and know that someone qualified enough to comment will listen.

Lucky you!!!!!  :smt002  

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:58 pm

I found this exercise to be very enlightening.  Everyone has their own practices that expand their consciousness - as that is what all training of the body, mind, spirit is all about.  

I begin the Mediumship exercises with our own consciousness tools because that is where it will all start.  When you become more sensitive and aware of yourself and your surroundings, you are opening a deeper awareness of self.  That is the first step in any education.

When I do our mediumship awareness classes I have exercises to open and become more aware of the self.  I will certainly go back to this one and use it for our purposes.  As to being afraid of mediumship, that comes in many guises.

Religious training and education is one of the first deterents to mediumship.  Fears are instilled through religion as a matter of course.  Why else so many followers leaving in droves, as the mind opens to more?

If you read some of the psychologists there is a warning against meditation, which is the tool of mediumship.  There are fears of altered states of consciousness.  Perhaps that we may enjoy it so much, we will not return?  LOL

As students begin the journey into psychic awareness, they should be patient and take their time in what they do and accomplish.  Going the fast way (like a rocket taking off) often ends up with it landing and fizzling instead of growing and becoming an accomplishment.  Slow and steady steps are so important.  

DO NOT compare yourself with anyone else - you are a unique and special individual - so also is your mediumship.  It will never totally be the same as anyone else.  What can be similar or the same, is the exercises that get you there - while done according to directions - you will end up finding your mind creates the scenes for you so totally independent of any instruction.
God bless, J

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:50 am

Hi J, Image

Your wisdom and support are as always greatly appreciated, and I believe that your advice about not attempting to imitate somebody else's ways of being a medium and the possible dangers of having preconceived ideas about what we may discover about ourselves as part of the process could not be more timely for a person at my particular stage of development.

I also sincerely hope that other students will read your response, as continually comparing yourself with others (including with respect to your mediumship) is in a way dishonouring and disrespecting your own Higher Self, who knows better than anybody what are your reasons and purposes for being YOU and HERE NOW.

Thanks mate,

eye_of_tiger Image

PS: I will keep you updated on how the Inner Listening exercise went.

Return to “Mediumship - Questions and Answers”