Animal Souls

Post your questions here. Have a healthy discussion, and learn to develop your psychic skills as a novice medium.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

jotejete

Animal Souls

Post by jotejete » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:16 am

Hello, Spiritalk and fellow members,

I had posted this in another forum when I realized the person who started the thread is atheist anyway, so I figured I would bring this here.
I have always believed animals have souls, but have found many people don't think so. In my opinion it's better for people to rationalize  animals don't have a soul, than to accept responsibility for their horrible treatment. What good argument can they use to debate animals have no souls ? You can't use intelligence-since that would preclude lower intelligence humans from having souls. You can't use savagery. Animals usually kill for food. Humans kill animals for fun-as in hunting for sport. Humans kill each other in huge numbers over ideological and religious viewpoints.
I have not had any first hand encounters with animal spirits, so any input from spiritalk or any other member who has would be interesting

Love and Light

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:08 pm

Love is the key and many pets return through mediums to address their owners.  The only argument I can think of is...animals have their own level of spirit existence.  They are among their own kind.  The important thing is abuse is wrong in any form.
God bless, J

jotejete

Post by jotejete » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:21 pm

Thanks Spiritalk,

It does make sense animals would have their own level of spirit existense. I agree abuse is wrong in any form, human to human or human to animal. I'm an animal lover by nature anyway, so animal abuse gets me really upset.

P.S. I have to really join a local spiritualist church to learn more and stop bothering you so much   :smt003

Have a Great Weekend

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:53 am

I concur with what spirit said, as a little girl animal spirits were the first ones that I started seeing and talking to... they usually didn't scare me like the people did and I always feel safe and protected when they are near me... I don't get scared often, and I am never really alone... I always have my loved ones with me... it made when my kitty Draven died, bearable, because he would come and give me love... and show me that just because I had lost him having a body that I didn't lose what we have together... *smile* It still took awhile to get used to not having him with me all the time, but it showed me how we never lose someone, just they way we were used to having them in our lives...

Anyways, Animal spirits are almost like they are to the left or something... where they can interact with us if they want, but they aren't on the usual path that we take... they are off to the side... where if you know where to look then they are right there.....
Nyte

Wondering in the darkness, but never alone...

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:35 pm

Pets are a wonderful interaction in life that teaches us stuck up humans so much about love and unconditional responses.  It sure is wonderful when they return on that vibration of love to see those they have left behind, just as a human visit is so wonderful.

Perhaps there was no fear in the animal contact (and lessons) because we are not threatened by animals the same way that human contact is our challenge as a human being?  Just some thoughts I develop over the years of experiences.

I had a student who put a large, fearsome mountain lion (or similar) in front of himself while meditating and then decided I was frightened of it.  This is always a misuse of our information about animals and their roles.  And BTW I am not interested in attuning to anyone (not even students) for anything unless invited.  So it was redundant at best.  People get some really interesting ideas!

I am not particularly into animals as guides because we want to make communication as clear as possible.  Animals still speak a different language.  Just some thoughts I develop over the years of experiences.
God bless, J

SandiLJ

sandi& animals

Post by SandiLJ » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:29 pm

Hi, everyone I just wanted to let you know that yes animals do have souls we as humans could not evan move without God breathing breath into us thats what happend in the garden of eden nothing can move without Gods breath in us I've even seen a snow white cat it was a animal soul my daughter sees a beautiful black wolf indian runs in our family on my husbands side!.
SandiLJohnson

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:06 pm

Yes, animals have their place in spirit...of this there is little doubt.  What comes next is...what is their position/job in spirit?  To me I believe guides are of the same species...but we can learn from all species...I have had quite an experience with a flower.  As what the Indians call totems...they tell us about their lives and the traits specific to species.
God bless, J

Return to “Mediumship - Questions and Answers”