Scared to become psychic

Post your questions here. Have a healthy discussion, and learn to develop your psychic skills as a novice medium.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

matt22113

Scared to become psychic

Post by matt22113 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:19 pm

This was originally posted in the "psychic" forum.

I was recommended by some one on this board to post my question in here.

I will delete my post in the other forum

I have a question and would greatly appreciate any help

I have been told by two psychics, one who was on oprah, that I have a psychic ability.

I have books on how to get my psychic ability to open up

The only problem is that I have a tremendous fear of ghosts and demons.

I know I'm not ready to see that kind of stuff.

is there a way to manifest away fear?

I see all these sites that show you how to become psychic.

but none of them ever mention losing fear.

Is it just something that you get used to over time?(Seeing ghosts and demons)

Also I'm a pisces I think that could be a reason that i'm scared so easily.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:42 pm

Knowledge is power.  The more you know and understand about various aspects of the psychic/mediumship abilities the less you have to fear.  Overcoming fears is not something that someone can do for you, they can only encourage you in the abilities, not your personal fears.

Ghosts and Demons - read up all you can about them and understand them in your own way.  Personally I don't use those terms at all.  

Spirit is about love.  It is about our own loved ones returning to communicate as well as having human guides for our journey.

The abilities (some refer to as gifts) of the spirit that open with each of us are usually according to our own fears as well as abilities to manifest.  I have never seen spirit like another human being standing in the same room.  I think it may frighten me...on the other hand I know spirit is there and I work with it all the time.  Go figure!

Spirit works with our own particular fears and understanding of what we are doing.  So just because you open to the psychic does not mean you will start seeing demons and ghosts everywhere.  They may make you work for the communion you seek.  

You have personal choice and responsibility in this as in all things in life.  Choose for yourself.  

You are definitely interested and this could open doors before you are ready if you do not take charge.  Either give it up entirely or use it.  There is no in between.

Learn all you can, then make it your own through your personal practices.  Don't accept that which you don't want - we do not open the door to psychic awareness and invite all and sundry - we issue an invitation to those that have our best interests in heart and mind.  That is where education becomes important in the practice.

Read all the lessons here - see what you get from it and then question anything that you clarity on - BEFORE trying to be a psychic.
God bless, J

jotejete

Post by jotejete » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:07 am

Hi Matt,

Glad to see you came to the right place. I'm the one who sent you a private message recommending you re-post here. There's a wealth of spirit mediumship knowledge in this section and an even greater wealth of knowledge in the teacher - Spiritalk.
I'm a regular here myself, so welcome to this section  :smt006

Joe

Return to “Mediumship - Questions and Answers”