How do you know if you are a medium

Post your questions here. Have a healthy discussion, and learn to develop your psychic skills as a novice medium.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

katana

How do you know if you are a medium

Post by katana » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:19 am

Hi  i am new but not to the feelings etc... i can always feel things and i know things and i am can read tarot but i have been to a few other people who are mediums and contact spirit guides/

They tell me i can read from vibrations and then they tell me that they know coz my spirt guides are telling them that i will me a meduim at the age of 34 to 36 but i do see things and i have been hearing things all the time. there are times when i am sensitive and i concerntrate adn i get thoughts and a urge to tell who i must tell.

The problem is my mind is so active, i hardly sleep and i have tried to relax or mediate but i cant the lost time i heard voices was when i took some meds as i was ill and i had a full conversation about land with someone in my head then the next day i was told i own a piece of land

how to i improve what i can do ....

(i will read lessons etc on the discussion board) i am a sales person but i am good at what i do as i know what the client is thinking and i can ans and i can tell when to push the deal or not is that instinct or is it reading the person ... i can read  a person;s character from a picture

i can even read a persons character from the name but the person/ someone close to them has to spell it to me (even if i know hwo to spell it) and then my right hand will automatically as if it was controlled starts to write verse and i can interperate verse but only once its done.

these are just a few things that are happening well been happening since i was 10  but i dont tell everyone and i dont tell anyone i hear voices but not all the time only some times and they not like voice its like thoughts in my head .... one time i started laughing and my sister asked me what i said what she said was funny she said she never said anything i said she did and then i told her what she said My sister went pale coz she was thinking it and she did not say it .....

Is this all normal once again excuse my ignorance but i am enquiring as i cant tallk to lots of people about it

Please advise
Katana
keep smiling :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:56 pm

When we have a talent, we educate ourselves on all its many aspects, and find a good teacher to help with the basics.  (Music comes to mind - even a concert pianist had a teacher for the basics).  Then we practice to hone our own particular talent.

Read through all the lesson notes here - Take Charge by starting with the tools of your own consciousness.  Anyone can meditate and make it their own.

Meditation is the key to the exercises to put all your talents in order.  Anyone can do it...it is your own mind that is being used.  Do not expect the mind to be still, change the focus of the mind (Meditation means - to think upon) and set a symbol to meet your own personal spirit guide to form the working partnership you need for mediumship.
God bless, J

katana

Post by katana » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:13 pm

Thank you Spiritalk

i will try it ... I will have to learn to meditate first thank you again :)

Katana
keep smiling :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:30 pm

Read some of the notes on meditation, then make the experience personal to your own consciousness.
God bless, J

Smiling From Within

Symbols in Mediumship

Post by Smiling From Within » Mon May 26, 2008 10:31 pm

Hello,

I read a post and I was able to relate so much with the person who wrote it (how do you know if you are a medium). Well, I felt that the advise you gave was great because I'd been kind of stuck in the same situation.  Although, back when I'd originally read the post and your answer I was constantly being drawn back to MEDITATION (which I am terrible at!)

Also, just as strong if not stronger I keep getting the sense of needing to learn about symbols.  So, I'm starting to get a little confused because I can understand that everyone has to interpret them for themselves but I know nothing of even the basics along the lines of DOVE=PEACE, LAMB=SPRING type thing.

Is there somewhere that I could find information of what to practice with as maybe focusing on these may help me to meditate better. Or have I already been given my symbols to work with by Spirit as after reading your answer to the other post, I thought of my close  guides (which I feel are 2 of my higher guides) and was given 2 symbols.

One was a POPPY which is significant to my birthday and the other was a LILLY which I've loved and everything about them and their smell all of my life.  So have I just answered my own question and if I have can you still help me with more symbols.

Cant wait to read your reply,

Smiling From Within xx

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue May 27, 2008 7:54 pm

Meditation is to think upon.  When the mind is active - use it.  Visualization is a wondrous tool of picturing any and all that nature has to offer.  Picture a place where you can sit and be quiet as you examine the environment.  I like a garden.  And as you have been given flower symbols that would be a good place to start.

See how the beds are laid out.  Turn over the soil.  Make all things ready for seeds to be planted.  Then you can meditate on seeing flowers in different stages of growth (if that appeals to you) and fill the bed with the variety that nature offers.  Stay in your garden for about 10 minutes just examining all that it offers.  You will find you have found peace of body, mind, spirit by just absorbing the energies of your garden.  

Just because I have a garden does not mean it will be the same as your garden.  That is what makes meditation personal - we design by our own preferences.

When you are at peace set a seat and symbol for your guides to join you.  Invite them like a friend to commune in your garden.  As the symbols you have been given are flowers it is easy to insert them into your garden.  I work with only one guide, so do this one at a time to eliminate any confusion.  When they come, you will feel a change of energy. It will not be necessary to have a name or identity, just commune with the energy that feels right.

When someone visits to communicate it is a 2-way conversation.  Asking who, what, where, why, how on all things from visions to messages for a specific person, or even answers to your own questions keeps you in the conversation.
God bless, J

Mystique4me2

Post by Mystique4me2 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:14 am

How would one know ffom psychic abilities to mediumship?  How do we know someone is truely true - usually my instincts are really good but years of conditionning make me want to distrust everyone because the real are hard to find

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:41 pm

A simple way to know mediumship is the connection to spirit - a spirit presence is always known to be present.  The medium will bring loved ones through for the sitter.  

A psychic will read the energies around a sitter.  They will talk of their physical/material journey and even project the possibilities for the future based on these energies.  As some of the energies will be emotional, it is important to differential between self and the sitter and that, too, is the measure of a good psychic.

Trust issues in being a medium are one of the important factors.  We are forming a partnership with a spirit entity (guide) and the trust and love in the attunement is the measure of the mediumship.  As the spirit entity draws around on the law of attraction - like to like - making it a spiritual exercise will draw a spiritual guide.
God bless, J

Darmoe

Post by Darmoe » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:38 pm

This thread grabbed my interest in that I've had but a few experiences that I consider to be "spirit contact".  Let me first say that this is not an area that I've ever considered moving into and yet, twice I've had some serious encounters that gave the clients I was working with some wonderful comfort and joy but left me seriously drained and feeling a touch "ill"... that is to say, not all there, not "ill" as a negative.

I've always had an affinity in being able to feel the presence of others and know where "hot spots" are at which tragic things have happened but experience such as I've described are rather peculiar and rare.  On one hand I don't care for it much and yet, I've seen how it can be a powerful mode of healing.

It's quite confusing.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:58 pm

Like all talents it is important to work to develop and understand what the skill actually is and how it works.  If you have had random experiences, rather uncalled upon, perhaps it is time to consider the strength of your connection to spirit contact.  

The first step in all development is TAKE CHARGE!  No one uses your energies - materially, mentally, spiritually - without your guidance and permission.

No spirit contact is ever depleting.  When physical phenomena is practiced it tends to deplete a medium because of the lower level of contact - the spirit must be close to the earth plane to manipulate earth plane, material energies.  It is all energy work after all.  

With mental mediumship the medium is more often replenished - sometimes even buzzed - before, during and after all spirit connection work.

NAAANEE

Post by NAAANEE » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:48 am

i do not know whether i am amedium or not .but when i used to do meditation for long hours i had experiences of knowing things in advance.Once I have known the death of my classmate six months in advance.I knew palmistry a little bit.when i touched my classmates hand for seeing i felt the vibration of his death rolling before me.It has shown me a school magazine with the photo as a memory for his death.another thing is my classmate is very fair & his eyes look somewhat magnetic & looks somewhere seeing.i have guessed his month of birth & forewarned him not to drive fast.but he & his friend died in a lorry-bike acident.both died on the spot!
NAAANEE

NAAANEE

Post by NAAANEE » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:57 am

i have another experience of different sort.One of my relative has died by consuming some pesticide.
One day I was meditating in my home.One of my staff came and talking to my father about the died person.I was very much disturbed at the talking there & felt strongly that the staff also may die by consuming poison.& it has happend within six months of my premonition.another important thing about his life is-in his family his grand father,father & himself all has died by suiciding oneself & that too on a new moon day.on his death day it was solar eclipse too.in his astrology chart rahu & ketu are strong.
NAAANEE

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:11 pm

One of the things that I sorted out with my own guide....I do not wish to predict or know about anyone's death.  I will speak with spirits who have passed to spirit realms, but I do not want information that precipitates that journey.

To me, that is the part where the medium takes charge of their own mediumship.
God bless, J

NAAANEE

Post by NAAANEE » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:36 pm

I too does not intervene with the Divine drama.but the intuition came like that without asking me about it.
NAAANEE

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:47 pm

When we work with our own spirit guides in love and light, we tell them our preferences as much as they tell us theirs in our work.  It is a partnership.  We are not puppets to someone else just bringing what they want.  We invite and allow, for sure.  And we can decide what we allow.
God bless, J

Return to “Mediumship - Questions and Answers”