Help--techniques for closing down after working with Spirit

Post your questions here. Have a healthy discussion, and learn to develop your psychic skills as a novice medium.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

spiritualistmedium

Help--techniques for closing down after working with Spirit

Post by spiritualistmedium » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:01 pm

Hi--

I'm hoping someone can help me.  I know I need to "close down" after working with Spirit, doing readings, etc., but I'm looking for a specific, tried and true ritual that I can do that will work.  What happens is when I work publicly at a mediumship demonstration, or doing private readings at a spiritualist fair, I tend to get very sick afterwards for several hours.  Migraine, anxiety, etc.  This does not happen to me when I work at a church service as the speaker and message minister--only when working outside the church.  I'm thinking that the service has such a clear beginning and ending that it works for me, so I need to incorporate something into my regular work that I won't forget!  I love working with Spirit but I can't keep getting sick like this.

Thanks very much.
Spiritualist Medium

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:31 pm

The most important aspect is...work ONLY with your own spirit guide.  Sometimes you may tend to address any and all spirit that come into your consciousness.  If it happens before attunement with your own spirit guide, dismiss it until you are attuned.  That is how the filter from negativity works.  

During my protection ritual (every morning, and during a stressful day) I apply a bubble like one blown from a child's soap bubble pipe complete with the rainbow patch (rainbows are such a wonderful mystical, magical symbol of bridges, connection, communication and complete with a pot of gold (prosperity) at the end) which tends to act as a filter to all negative thought from within or without.  Be sure you are in your bubble before attuning to your own spirit guide to work with other people on earth.

Because the church is such a spiritual place you have been protected by that energy instead of a personal one.  It is time to find your own protection, so that it works wherever you work with spirit.

To attune to your own spirit guide us a meditation technique.  I go into my place of peace (a garden) and when ready to attune to spirit I place a symbol (a flower) on which to attune to my guide ONLY.  While working outside it isn't always to have a meditation, so I get used to the symbol and work only with my guide through it.

For those that believe that they have to address any and all spirit, use the protection of your own guide and it will be possible to be of help to every one.  Not using a filter for this negativity, will leave the physical symptoms of headache, etc.

Closing down is done with chakras by some.  I use a full energy flow throughout the body, mind, spirit and as I have seen it flow in from the crown, can see it flow out again.

God bless, J

redrulz

I understand

Post by redrulz » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:54 am

I understand what you are saying I have one guide that I relate to the best I have others popping in from time to time but its my indian dude as I like to call him that I relate to the best and he takes me a great place where just him and i talk..... It relaxes me and makes me feel truly amazing.............I have a question for u though..... I have people who want me to do readings for them and thats cool I am getting really good at that its people want me to charge for it and I believe if I charge for it then they will take me gift away....... my guides say they wont but its a real fear of mine yet I do not want to be used either.......... can u please offer me advise around this......... I have mediatated about it and they say go for it but i am sceared how much do u charge and please help.
im a 34 year old married woman with one 9 year old son from nz........... i am a happy woman with many gifts and i am looking for like minded souls to communicate with........

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:19 pm

Here's how I see it - we have talents and skills (NOT gifts) because they are meant to be developed and enhanced.  You work hard and may even have paid money to learn and grow in your own given talents.  That is your part to play that makes you worthy of hire.  Even your time and energy are worthy of hire.  Consider this when giving it away.

As a minister of a church, I am inclined to talk to everyone who calls and as a consequence I have gotten 3 who don't make a move without consultation without pay.  I am coming to the conclusion I am not doing them a favour - they have lost all their personal responsibility for their own lives.  And I am being taken advantage of - spiritual service can get lost when you feel put upon.

Check out the going rate for psychics in your area - you will be competing after all.  You don't have to advertise or put yourself out there, so to speak.  But it would only be fair to charge what they would pay elsewhere.  If you give it away, you are not in the fair market practices.
God bless, J

Return to “Mediumship - Questions and Answers”