Medium vs. Psychic

Post your questions here. Have a healthy discussion, and learn to develop your psychic skills as a novice medium.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Izuno

Medium vs. Psychic

Post by Izuno » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:55 am

I know that everyone is a psychic and that all mediums are psychics, but how do you know if you are a medium?

I thought I experienced something through mediumship, but I think I did it wrong or didn't try hard enough. I'm going to take it more slow and see what happens.

Sometimes in my life, I hear a ringing noise or I see sparks. I've read some where in this forum that they are spirits, and through mediumship, those spirits will manifest. So, does that mean that people who see sparks or hear a ringing noise are mediums?

I'm sorry if I sound stupid or crazy. Thanks for the help. :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:41 pm

The ringing in the ears can be a real physical happening, so it needs to be checked out by a doctor.  It can also be a spirit symptom when they are trying to work on spirit hearing.  When anything is uncomfortable, it is important to accept and dismiss as you see fit in your own comforts.  All spirit work is comfortable - but when it becomes annoying as in ringing ears, then you need to tell spirit to correct their efforts.

A medium has a real and valid relationship/partnership with their spirit guide.  They work within it and enhance it through attunement exercises on a regular basis.  Mediums work through the clairs (voyance, audience, gustience, offal, sense, etc.) and can bring spirit entities to their loved ones.
God bless, J

Izuno

Post by Izuno » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:12 pm

I've done many tests, and the doctors found nothing wrong with me. I guess I'll only know if I'm a medium or not through these exercises.

Spiritalk, how long did it take for you to get in touch with the spirits and start a partnership?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:27 pm

I was in my 40s when I found my way into Spiritualism and knew I was 'home' for what would unfold.  In looking back I realized how much the things in my life led to just such a place.  

Sensitivities were always there - now I knew how to train and open them.  Within a few months time I was working the Sunday service demonstrating mediumship.  

When I think of the early days, I am sure I was maybe wrong as much as right but it was a good place to unfold and try to understand.  Actually I got a lot of feedback on the messages I brought - some even more than 10 years later.

I regularly sat in private circle and also did public circles to open the talents that were ready and strong at that time.  It was sort of an accumulation of life's experiences that got me to that place to unfold in such a good spiritual manner.
God bless, J

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:35 pm

The ringing in my ears when someone is getting my attention is not uncomfortable for me, no pain, it is like the phone ringing only in my ear.
As soon as I answer, it stops. Image
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

Izuno

Post by Izuno » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:54 pm

Spiritalk: That's so cool! :D Hopefully, I'll grow spiritually enough to understand myself and communicate with spirits.

Tourbi: I'll try that. The ringing goes away after I try to ignore it or something. I'll try answering it....once I learn how. Heh heh.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:58 pm

I answer the same way I do the phone.  Hi, is there someone there who is trying to get my attention.  It stops and then I monitor and pay attention to the quality of the energy.  I have just brought an entity into my energy field, or close.  I want to make sure they have loving energy and are going to respect my boundaries. They may give me the info they want to share from outside my energy field.  It's like being careful of whom I hug.
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:38 am

[quote="tourbi"]I answer the same way I do the phone.  Hi, is there someone there who is trying to get my attention.  It stops and then I monitor and pay attention to the quality of the energy.  I have just brought an entity into my energy field, or close.  I want to make sure they have loving energy and are going to respect my boundaries. They may give me the info they want to share from outside my energy field.  It's like being careful of whom I hug.[/quote]

Interesting! I too have noticed a ringing in my left ear pretty much since I reopened to the psychic world intensively once I got over my initial reservations about "not everyone can be a psychic!"

To me, being a medium is more like choosing a profession or vocation, something to be done in a dedicated manner. There may be individuals who are more psychic and in tune with the Cosmos than many mediums, but they have not given as much attention and time to the pursuit as the medium has. In other words, while they may be sincere, they are not dedicated!

Oh and about that ringing! I was worried, got it all checked up and nothing was found and it bothered me and bothered me and then suddenly I discovered that this cat that is always around me and keeps seeking attention, just needs to be acknowledged and accepted as part of me, just as the lipoma on my right forearm. Benign, not growing and annoying only until I began to enjoy its soft presence!

I AM LYING OF COURSE! The ringing is like a phone and when I answer it, it turns out to be an overseas salesperson trying to SELL ME A LONG DISTANCE OFFER. The last time I asked him: How much does your benvolent service seemingly based in Holy India charge me to place a trunk call to GOD?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:46 am

ImageImage
Nora Roberts

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:34 am

[quote="tourbi"][img]http://www.getsmile.com/emoticons/emoti ... plause.gif[/img][img]http://www.smileycons.com/img/emotions/170.gif[/img][/quote]

"Someday you must teach me [patiently about all these emoticons and technology] and I promise to teach you about all our foolishness..."

<<Above quote [slightly paraphrased] from an Indo-Brit movie!!>>
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:21 am

I clapped, to say I enjoy you. &nbsp;And then I was using the one with the phone to show waiting for the ring of the phone.

For me, I have worked a lot with symbols. &nbsp;The emotes for me are a way of showing the symbolism. &nbsp;The first e-mail I got was an e-card with animation. &nbsp;I fell in love with it immediately. &nbsp;I have a huge collection and now easy ways to share.
I think they can speak for me when words aren't enough or I'm concerned about how that words will be interpreted. &nbsp;I have seen so many arguments started because the person didn't understand the tone of a message. I feel the emotes can help clarify. &nbsp;It's like a Spirit Guide, or entity on the other side trying to convey a message, it always helps when I understand their symbolism. &nbsp;
One of the Master teachers I had on the other side for a while, smiles a great deal. &nbsp;My visual friend would see him as a smiley face. &nbsp;I could feel the energy. &nbsp;I wish I could see them, more than just little. &nbsp;Lights. &nbsp;
I wrote too much. Image (that's me, happily lost writing to you)
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love &#2396;&#2366;&#2352;&#2366;
Nora Roberts

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:38 am

[quote="tourbi"]I clapped, to say I enjoy you.  And then I was using the one with the phone to show waiting for the ring of the phone.

For me, I have worked a lot with symbols.  The emotes for me are a way of showing the symbolism.  The first e-mail I got was an e-card with animation.  I fell in love with it immediately.  I have a huge collection and now easy ways to share.
I think they can speak for me when words aren't enough or I'm concerned about how that words will be interpreted.  I have seen so many arguments started because the person didn't understand the tone of a message. I feel the emotes can help clarify.  It's like a Spirit Guide, or entity on the other side trying to convey a message, it always helps when I understand their symbolism.  
One of the Master teachers I had on the other side for a while, smiles a great deal.  My visual friend would see him as a smiley face.  I could feel the energy.  I wish I could see them, more than just little.  Lights.  
I wrote too much. [img]http://www.getsmile.com/emoticons/emoti ... rite22.gif[/img] (that's me, happily lost writing to you)[/quote]

Dear Tourbi,

The path was narrow and embracing a ledge of a mountain where to the left was the granite and to the right was the precipice! Being part of a tour group, the luxury of giving in to one's acrophobia, clinging on to the granite to the left and holding up the traffic was not an option!

I have seen the arguments too, and felt their heat too in my face. Interestingly though, like soap bubbles, they tickle and then pop! When they return as they do, like a hapless moth helplessly drawn to the flame of their discovery -- the bather relaxes as they fulfil their decree and destiny as a soap-bubble must!

Far away from the bath and the bubbles and the water is the electric presence of the electronic reality that pumps in the beautiful and soothing music and I hear in some cases it is the TV (what a decadent being the human being has become!).

Actually, there is nothing wrong with any of this after a hard day of work. As long as we do not forget the soap bubble which shall arise and try to tickle our nose as we laugh at it like we would if a toddler made a face and a menacing gesture at us. A stranger toddler!

Thanks for being there for all of us for what would be heaven without an angel?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:45 am

ImageHmmmmmmmmm, soap bubbles eh? Ah yes, I can give you what you want.
Image The rubber duck is on the floor.
I don't know how to tie this post into the topic. &nbsp;Please forgive me all. &nbsp;It is fun. &nbsp;Image
Nora Roberts

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:58 am

[quote="tourbi"][img]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository ... ng-023.GIF[/img]Hmmmmmmmmm, soap bubbles eh? Ah yes, I can give you what you want.
[img]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository ... th-052.gif[/img] The rubber duck is on the floor.
I don't know how to tie this post into the topic.  Please forgive me all.  It is fun.  [img]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository ... ct-059.GIF[/img][/quote]

In the Mystic Forum reality that we choose to live in, even for a few quantum moments (and those can last forever, mind you!), when a toy slips away from the bather's hands, it can only signify growth!

Wise bathers, aware of the scrutiny -- spiritual and otherwise, take this as an opportunity to move their focus from the rubber ducky to the bubble that is approaching close to the nose and can make one sneeze! Sneezing while in a bath can be dangerous business that even angels are scared of ...!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:05 am

ImageOh, very very well done. &nbsp;That was delightful and I totally enjoyed it &nbsp;This emote you shouldn't need an explanation for. &nbsp;But, It's from one friend to another Image
Nora Roberts

Return to “Mediumship - Questions and Answers”