Is this Mediumship or Clairvoyance?

Post your questions here. Have a healthy discussion, and learn to develop your psychic skills as a novice medium.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Smiling From Within

Is this Mediumship or Clairvoyance?

Post by Smiling From Within » Tue May 27, 2008 10:46 am

As my psychic development grows stronger I am still alittle hazy on knowing the difference between certain aspects that I experience.  

I've always been very sensitive with all things but generally I find once I start talking with someone, even if I know nothing about them I can pick up loads from them. Its usually all about their character, how they would behave in situations and then moving onto how I could or can see their future going.

As an example the other week I was explaining to a friend about spirits and we spoke about her grandparents as our example in the explanation.  As I spoke to her I could tell that whenever they visit her they alway have one side that they sick to (the grandad on her left and grandma on her right).  Although i couldn't see them plain as day I knew they were there.

I never get names or messages I just know and the more I tune in I could give a description of what they look like but it feels as though I am guessing and making the picture up in my mind.  Even if it is confirmed I'm on the right tracks.

Can anyone explain so I have more confidence to move forward with my self development.

Smiling From Within xx

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Tue May 27, 2008 5:30 pm

Maybe they (the grandparents) really are not "standing" to one side or the other. Maybe their appearance to you is not really what they look like, but just an image for you to gain an understanding about them. Perhaps they are already giving you the confidence you need by showing themselves in a comfortable and familiar way?

Feel what you feel. Trust in yourself.

As for the terms, they are just words aren't they?
awarenessoftheheart.com

tourbi

Re: Is this Mediumship or Clairvoyance?

Post by tourbi » Tue May 27, 2008 5:36 pm

Smiling From Within wrote:As my psychic development grows stronger I am still alittle hazy on knowing the difference between certain aspects that I experience.  

I've always been very sensitive with all things but generally I find once I start talking with someone, even if I know nothing about them I can pick up loads from them. Its usually all about their character, how they would behave in situations and then moving onto how I could or can see their future going.

As an example the other week I was explaining to a friend about spirits and we spoke about her grandparents as our example in the explanation.  As I spoke to her I could tell that whenever they visit her they alway have one side that they sick to (the grandad on her left and grandma on her right).  Although i couldn't see them plain as day I knew they were there.

I never get names or messages I just know and the more I tune in I could give a description of what they look like but it feels as though I am guessing and making the picture up in my mind.  Even if it is confirmed I'm on the right tracks.

Can anyone explain so I have more confidence to move forward with my self development.

Smiling From Within xx
Keep  going with it and ask for a bit of a sign when you are right.  I never get names, I am given descriptions of people, I get where people are, that they are there, I don't really "see" them.
We each get info differently from eveyone else.  
The way to trust is to just keep doing it.
I did ask for a bit of a sign to know I'm on track and I get a little violet, purple or white light next to the person I'm getting information about.  When it is on track I see that breif little light.  
I feel like it is one of their guides or mine letting me know that I'm sharing the right info.  
Also, when I get info and I say it inaccurately, I get corrected, nicely, and I give the correct info them.  
Keep doing it and you will get the nuances.
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue May 27, 2008 8:10 pm

To some mediums there is a confirmed arrangement with which side the spirit appears - mothers side of the house on left, fathers side on the right.  This is consistent with the particular medium.  It is a part of the confirmations they get with spirit input.  

To some mediums the energies of spirit (for healing purposes mostly) enter on the left and are projected on the right.  I happen to be the opposite so I know it is not consistent with everyone.  

So you see, it is important to work with your own guides and find the patterns, symbols, colors, and ways of working in your own personal way.  We are all born unique and individual beings.  So also mediumship is an individual and unique talent with each of us.  It can be stronger in some than others, but it works according to your own personal connection and attunement.
God bless, J

Smiling From Within

Post by Smiling From Within » Tue May 27, 2008 9:02 pm

Thank you.

I like the idea of asking for a little sign when I'm on the right track.  I could see that working well especially if I just have a little doubt and not always can  the person I talking to give me the confidence in my reading as a little sign like that.

It's also good to know that I am picking up something in the sense of the left and right positions because I've had it a couple of times even with single spirits still come through on a certain side.  

My only difficulty it the practice side.  I dont sit in a circle so have to teach myself and how can I practice if I have no one to give a message to?  

Smiling From Within x x

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue May 27, 2008 9:09 pm

Keeping asking for guidance from The Highest Energies/Entities  of the Universe.  That is what I did and do and always get help from "The Universe".
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed May 28, 2008 8:25 pm

When your mediumship opens and develops, the people will be found to read for and to.  It is your personal development at present and this will expand and open to new avenues.  Trust that spirit will find a purpose and venue for all to come together.
God bless, J

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Wed May 28, 2008 8:29 pm

spiritalk wrote:When your mediumship opens and develops, the people will be found to read for and to.  It is your personal development at present and this will expand and open to new avenues.  Trust that spirit will find a purpose and venue for all to come together.

spirtalk I wanted to understand your statement a little better. When you say spirit, do you mean one's own spirit, God, or spirit as in all those spirits you can connect with? Thanks!
awarenessoftheheart.com

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed May 28, 2008 8:39 pm

Practice personal mediumship on your own spirit open to the spirit realms.  The highest power in the universe is God as spirit.

I can see the word spirit can be overworked.  :)  We are spirit within and when we open and attune, we reach out to the spirit realms that is the continuity of the human spirit into the afterlife.
God bless, J

Smiling From Within

Post by Smiling From Within » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:26 pm

Thank you again spiritalk,

You should be glad i'm not your neighbour as i would be filling you with more tea and cakes until every burning question is answered. LoL xxx

It's kind of put me as ease with what you said.  That was a stumbling block for me, how can i practise if i've no one to practise on?  But yes, of course, they know what level i'm at and they will put me in the path of people to read for and gain my confidence at the same time.

It's already happening, now i can see.  i have two friends and whenever we talk the answers and guidance coming from me makes me wonder is this really all coming from me LoL.  Their responses and feedback that i'm spot on is helping my confidance and the more my confidance grows the stronger the link gets and the clearer i can see.  

Thank you, it took your answer to make me realise.

Smiling From Within - as per usual xx

Return to “Mediumship - Questions and Answers”