Trusting Spirit Guides and What You Hear

Post your questions here. Have a healthy discussion, and learn to develop your psychic skills as a novice medium.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

coloratura

Trusting Spirit Guides and What You Hear

Post by coloratura » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:01 am

When you are communicating with your spirit guides, how do you know if what you hear is accurate? Can you guys usually write down what your spirit guides say for future reference?

How can one differentiate between the voice of one's ego and one's spirit guides?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:16 am

Good question and you are not the only there Coloratura.
You have to trust and go forth with whatever answer you get. For example, try with a Yes or No questions..... is it safe for me to pak here, for example? Or anything for which you need an immediate reply and follow it through and see it for yourself until you build the confidence.

Sometimes I park my car in places where I do not feel safe or it is awkward and I ask: Is it safe for me to park here? If I hear the Yes answer in my head (usually happnes before I have even finished question), then I trust that answer and leave the car and go.  Well, you can have your own secnarios..... it is not important whether parking or anything.

Try it.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:11 pm

When attuning with spirit to form and strengthen that attunement with your own personal spirit guide, there are exercises that identify for your own use.  Using a symbol to come in on helps to make sure who you are connecting with in your meditation exercises.  It is all energy work and the energy is different between the ego and the spirit.
God bless, J

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:01 am

cedars I used to do the exact same thing yet every time I asked (also get the answer before i finish my sent) I would get an answer which was blatantly incorrect - I can't remember a worthy example.
I stopped listening - as I thought that this was dangerous, how could I get SUCH a 'wrong' answer. I mean I wasn't thinking about grand topics, literally run of the mill simple stuff. I thought that it had to be my ego as it was being rather 'bitchy.

But thank you for mentioning it as maybe I can give it a try again as I have a few more experiences in my pocket :)

Spiritalk "there are exercises that identify for your own use."
Could you possibly provide a link to where the exercises might be found?
And I'm still a little unsure about the symbol thing. Okay as I wrote that the penny may have dropped...but could you possibly explain a little more (just to make sure :))

"the energy is different between the ego and the spirit."
Good to know - Much easier to differentiate! Just gotta get used to which one is which.
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:54 pm

Suppose you have a guide for 'spiritual' purposes.  Just how important is your material life with all its mundane activities?  

A material energy is available as a psychic awareness.  There is a place for this and it keeps us out of danger in some of our material activities.  The spiritual is another sphere of endeavour and will be 'felt' in that realm.  

There are some exercises in the lesson notes.  Some exercises that teachers do with their students are personal to the experience.  It is one of those things that I don't think anyone has written a book entitled 'Exercises for spirit contact' (that might just be a good working title to get started with - LOL)

I believe that as human beings we are flowers in nature.  My meditation to find my own peace centre is based upon a scene from nature.  Within this scene, when the soul has found peace, I place a specific symbol (flower, etc.) and invite my guide on that energy.  It is a real spiritual connection from nature.  

Some of the practices of calling on a spirit guide for all and sundry activities in our material life, receive an answer from our own higher mind - differentiating ego from spirit is an important energy understanding.
God bless, J

Return to “Mediumship - Questions and Answers”