who is my spirit guide

Post your questions here. Have a healthy discussion, and learn to develop your psychic skills as a novice medium.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

kyra1975

who is my spirit guide

Post by kyra1975 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:39 am

just wondering who my spirit guide is have had a few family members who have passed also a few pets could it be one of them x
Attachments
1451529_10201959243395884_152009015_n.jpg
and could this be my spirit guide in the picture x
1451529_10201959243395884_152009015_n.jpg (10.31 KiB) Viewed 3331 times
love and light to all

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:13 pm

Hello Kyra,

I realize that this is an old posting, but the answer to your very common question is that the identity of your spirit guide can usually only be discovered either through your own "meeting your spirit guide" meditations or their name can also be given to you by a medium.

Often it is the main guide him or herself who decides when or indeed if it is in the best interests of their medium to know their true identity. Many mediums do perfectly well without ever knowing who their guide is or was when the guide was last incarnated on the Earth plane.

It is felt that in these individuals that knowing the name could actually distract them from living their own life, and make them increasingly dependent upon their guide to make all important decisions on their behalf.

Yes guides are sometimes our own ancestors or departed members of our own family, but it certainly is not always true. Have you had any psychic experiences up until now which strongly indicate to you that one of your guides is a family member? Or is it as your question suggests simply a case of curiosity on your part as to their Earthly identity?

Your photograph with due respect could virtually be due to anything, including visual faults and anomalies caused by lighting or the process of trapping the image being far from perfect or fool proof. It is hardly clear enough to be convincing evidence of your spirit guide being a past family member. Only in combination with a close personal psychic experience where your guide appears to have been identified as a family member, would I be willing to consider the photo as being valid evidence of this possibility.

Understood?

Regards,

EoT  :smt020

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:38 am

There are 3 strata of spirit we communicate with between the earth plane and the spirit realms:  There are our loved ones - members of our family who have gone before us.  They prepare a place for us.  But they do not take on the job of guide to us.  We often want to extend our relationships with loved ones, so we assume they may be there to guide us.  We are ignoring some of the rules of guidance and perhaps dismissing another loving entity in our haste to welcome passed loved ones.

There are the spirit guides who study hard to take on the task of guiding an individual still in the flesh.  It requires a lot of patience and forbearing to put up with the foibles of human beings.  And finding compatibility with the one guided is a daunting task at times.  Many things have to happen for it to be compatible.  

There are also the other species, angels, who come when we are in a need of clearing up some interesting things on the earth plane.  They answer our prayers as God's messengers.

Return to “Mediumship - Questions and Answers”