Frustrated :(

Post your questions here. Have a healthy discussion, and learn to develop your psychic skills as a novice medium.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

luckyamy1111

Frustrated :(

Post by luckyamy1111 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:32 pm

When I first started meditation to connect with Spirit, I felt an overwhelming and sure-sign feeling that I had made that link each time. Now when I do it, I am constantly second guessing myself, because the feeling isn't as strong. Sometimes I don't realy feel anything at all. Has anyone else experienced this "disappearance" of strong connection signs, or have I lost my ability to link?

:smt009

Please help!

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:04 am

Hi Amy,

Your system is just getting used to the energy shift or raise in the rate of vibrations necessary for you to communicate with Spirit. It is normal that when you are not yet fully adapted to these energy changes that you would be feeling it much more strongly.

The feeling that you are imagining this is again perfectly natural, because Spirit communicates with us through the same imaging powers of our minds used by our dreams and fantasies. And the strength of the psychic signal is very low and subtle, when compared to physical stimuli.

Even if you no longer feel the energy shift as strongly as you did when you began your development as a medium, are you still getting information coming through you that seems to be associated with a particular personality?

That is how I feel that you should be measuring what progress you are making towards improving your mediumship, rather than judging it purely on the special effects.

You are working to gradually increase both your sensitivity and discernment, which is the ability to sort out what information is genuine spirit communication, and what is only fantasy or wishful thinking. Sensitivity without that discernment is a recipe for disaster, both for the medium as well as his or her sitter.

Try not to be too hard upon yourself if it takes a while for you to get it right. Your guide(s) know what you are capable of at any stage, and may be making fine adjustments to your personal energy field in order to prepare you for the next phase of your mediumship (but in the background, where you are not consciously aware that anything is happening).

In anyone patience is a virtue, but when you begin to realise just how complicated and tenuous the process of spirit communication can be, it is a miracle that it ever works. Patience is no longer only a virtue, but it is also a critical and absolute necessity in the development of any good medium.

Be kind to yourself,

EoT :smt049

luckyamy1111

Post by luckyamy1111 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:58 am

Once again, EoT to the rescue! :)

I tend to overthink things often, so I think that's my main problem. I have only been meditating and at times either simply being receptive, or trying to establish communication with my guide. I haven't gotten to the point yet where I feel anywhere near comfortable trying to read for anyone, so I have no way of validating the information I'm getting in order to discern whether or not it's my guide giving me information or if it's simply my imagination.

Do you have any suggestions on any exercises I can do on my own to get validation?

Thank you :)

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Validation requires other people to be present

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:27 pm

Amy,

Validation requires other people to be present with you.

The only way to get validation for the messages which are apparently coming through is to have someone else or a group of other people with you, to provide you with feedback.

The feedback comes from what they were picking up about the spirit at the same time as you were. By comparing what they got, with what you got?

The ultimate validation of course is when you are actually working with a sitter who can provide you with much more precise feedback, as they know things about their loved ones which most other people would not know.

Which helps to specifically identify the spirit as being who they say that they are.

EoT

Return to “Mediumship - Questions and Answers”