Dead mother telling me the future in my dreams.

Post your questions here. Have a healthy discussion, and learn to develop your psychic skills as a novice medium.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

marriamb

Dead mother telling me the future in my dreams.

Post by marriamb » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi everyone!

My mother passed away 4 years back. I do not see her in my dreams very often. Out of all the times I did see her, thrice she told me things that were going to happen in the future and they did happen eventually! These included my cousin's car accident, an eye infection that I got and the cyclone that hit Arabian Sea in October this year. Besides these things she told me something about my father, not regarding the future but the present, about a habit of his which he hides from me, not a good one. Could it be true too?

Could this mean I am a medium? I sometimes feel like my mother's around me, in my room, in my house. But that's all. Just a feeling. Nothing else. How do I connect with my spirit guide?

Also I've been experiencing sleep paralysis for 4 years now. I also astral-projected once or twice, unintentionally though. All the entities I've seen while in sleep paralysis, were they real or just hallucinations?

Mostly entities were just standing or sitting nearby and didn't touch me. But once I saw a kid who was trying to strangle me with his arm. I asked him who he was and he replied that he was a jinn's child. I don't what happened was my imagination or real. Felt real.

Would love to know your views. :)

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:41 pm

Could this mean I am a medium?
YES at least on the surface the evidence suggests that you do posses some degree of the spiritual gift of mediumship.

Does it prove that I could work as a medium (if this is what I wanted to do) and communicate with the spirits of the deceased on behalf of my clients?

NO!

Many people who are grieving report that they sense the presence of their loved ones, either while they are asleep, or less frequently while they are wide awake. Whether this is real or imagined wishful thinking must be examined on an individual basis. Loved ones apparently appearing in our dreams (predicting the future or not) could possibly be a genuine dream visitation, but equally it could be our own inner guidance using the memories of our loved ones to give its messages more authority and dramatic effect. Sleep paralysis is something completely different and visual, auditory and other sensory hallucinations are a very common symptom of this condition. Including you apparently seeing the deceased, demons or mythical creatures in what seems to be your bedroom (but not quite the same).

The important point which I wish to make here is that you may indeed have this gift, as well as the gift of predicting the future (psychic prophecy), but if you consciously decide to become a medium you will need to learn discipline and develop these abilities to the extent that you could eventually safely and ethically offer your services to people who a grieving their significant loss, and are therefore incredibly vulnerable to imagining things themselves and being exploited by fraudulent mediums whose only motive is to get their money.

Before deciding whether you wish to develop as a medium, is this only for you to communicate with your mother (who is potentially your spirit guide), or is it also to help and heal the bereaved? Being a medium can give you so much joy and personal satisfaction when you see how it can bring them healing and closure, but it can at the same time be a lonely and difficult path to walk. Are you prepared to if necessary become isolated and persecuted and ridiculed by your family or friends? Not a decision to be taken lightly, without considerable thought and soul searching beforehand.

Please re-post your question about contacting your spirit guide, as a separate question (new topic) in this forum. Be patient while waiting for a response as our resident medium (Spiritalk) is often not available, and mediumship readings are not allowed on Mystic Board. I have had several mediumistic experiences myself but I am not a trained medium, and giving intuitive psychic readings and doing healing are more my personal style. But I am willing to help you with your questions as much as I am able to within the restrictions of my time and energy.

Be kind to yourself,

EoT

marriamb

Post by marriamb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:46 pm

Thank you so much for your insight, eye of tiger. Really appreciate you trying to help me by sharing your knowledge and views.

Well, I do not plan on contacting the deceased of other people and offering such services. I only wanted to increase the frequency of my late mother's dream visitations and get more guidance from her!

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:26 am

Well, I do not plan on contacting the deceased of other people and offering such services. I only wanted to increase the frequency of my late mother's dream visitations and get more guidance from her!
I understand to a limited extent (to fully understand what it feels like, I would have to be you) your desire to be able to communicate and get advice from your mother now in Spirit.

Four years means nothing in Spirit. Time as we know and measure it, does not exist over there.

You may not be planning to contact other deceased people or guides on the way to contacting Mum (in your dreams or while awake), but often because you want this to happen so badly and possibly because your mother's spirit may not yet be ready to communicate with you (she cannot be forced to do this until she feels ready) your spirit guide may be your first point of contact with the afterlife.

If or when your mother is ready to communicate with you, this will often be done through your guide who acts rather like a type of spirit coordinator or master of ceremonies for the complicated process required for this to work.

So the important message here is not to reject your guide as your first contact person on the other side, as by rejecting him or her you may also be unknowingly giving up any chance of later communicating with your parent.

I am of the strong belief that for your maximum safety and protection; ALL COMMUNICATION WITH THE SPIRITS OF THE DECEASED SHOULD ONLY HAPPEN THROUGH OR BY WAY OF YOUR MAIN GUIDE (often also known as your Doorkeeper).

Please read "Spirit Guides" by Mark Stallabrass for more details about this special relationship between a main guide and his or her chosen medium.

http://www.healingpeople.net/spiritguides.html

EoT  Image

marriamb

Post by marriamb » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:18 pm

Thank you so much for this valuable information. Definitely cleared a lot of things for me.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:25 pm

Definitely cleared a lot of things for me.
EXCELLENT!

EoT  :smt041

Return to “Mediumship - Questions and Answers”