Some more interesting facts about your sign

Meet people born under Libra here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Tue May 17, 2005 6:53 am

The symbol associated with your sign is the scales of balance representing the balance that you continually seek in your self and your life. The scales were also adopted by our judicial system to symbolize a balance of fairness in the law which is emphasized by 'blind justice' holding them.

thebambam

Post by thebambam » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:03 am

Now that I see this in writing, it rings true.  Thanks for sharing.  Karen

qwertyabcabc

Post by qwertyabcabc » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:37 pm

This is true. I always strive for a balance in anything I do . I dont overdo the things neither do I underdo !! i think this is applicable with all Librians !

ewk1010

Post by ewk1010 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:46 pm

This is not true  The scales represent the balancing process itself more than the balance we seek in our lives.  Most Libras are not nearly as obssessed with balance as you might think.  More often than not, we're busy with the weighing of each variable.

Callie

Post by Callie » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:28 am

Hi, I have to agree with ewk1010, I tend to worry about the process more than fact that every thing is balanced. I don't really care if it is all even and straight, but if I messed the process I am more upset with myself. I couldn't juggle what I should be able to. It is very stressful.   [/b]
When footsteps come within the night, and you're beset by doubt and fright, hold tight within that darkest hour, for to the Witch her fear is power
~David Norris~

eidhneán ini

Post by eidhneán ini » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:34 pm

Interesting points on both sides.  Spoken like a true Libran ---- myself, of course.  Yes, it is the struggle of balance that is the problem.  Always.

The fundamental physics behind the scale...it swings.  There is nothing definite about which way it will swing.  Maybe the general direction, but never a precise measurement.

I have the luxury of being less "indecisive" b/c my moon is in Scorpio.  Thank God.

So does anyone else know very well that they have this wishywashy, indecisive trait, yet they can not stand that trait in others?  AS though you are attracted to people who are very definite where their views lay?  Do you know what I mean?  

Furthermore, so many books talk about how "flaky" Librans are.  It's the earth signs that are more likely to need the picture straightened or to have everything in it's rigid place.  

Nonetheless Abishek, I think this is very interesting.  Libra is one of the more mysterious signs.  I may be wrong, and feel free to correct me, but the Persians, Greeks and Romans had a difficult time categorizing the Libra sign.  We are the only sign with an inanimate object for our symbol.......leading so many to think we are shallow and cold.  So untrue!  At least imho.  :)  

I think the only "animate" objects Libra is assoc. w/is the snake and Anubis.  

Nothing is clear cut with Libra.  No wonder we're indecisive!  lol

I like the concept of "blind justice".

nathcole

Post by nathcole » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:52 pm

I see the scales symbolizing my need to weigh every fact and option before making any decision (even something as mundane as choosing a snack) or forming an opinion. And yet like a true scale, even if it reaches a point of balance, something added to either side could easily change this decision or opinion.

It is sometimes frustrating to be this way (for both myself and those close to me...so i've been told), other times I find it very useful.

Often times I find myself not wanting to take any side, being content with seeing and analysing all possibilities.

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:19 am

I can see how Libras would be perceived as cold or emotionally distant. It's a mental (air) sign and a cardinal sign at that.

Of course it doesn't really have any bearing, as Libras are generally quite passionate and sensitive, it's just that they are able to calculate despite this, and once they get into a habit of doing that, thinking and weighing becomes the natural response regardless of immense emotional turmoil.

I'm pretty sure it was the romans that introduced the Libra sign. Before that the Libra constellation was part of the Scorpio constellation - it made up the scorpions claws.

Return to “Libra - September 21 - October 20”