what is my ascendant

Meet people born under Libra here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Jey

what is my ascendant

Post by Jey » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:21 am

I'm a libran, however, some astrologer would say that my ascendant is Cancer while others are Leo. When we talk of ascendant do we mean the the 6-8 hour in our chart during the time of our birth? or the 4-6 time on our birth chart However, if I would read my horoscope Virgo fits me well, too. If Virgo fits me, what could be the time of my birth because I really don't know the time of my birth?

Can you tell ..pls...I appreciate it.

Jey
When you have Knowledge you use to torch to show the way.When you are Enlightened you become a torch

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Problem here is that most people don't know their 'time of birth' which is crucial in astrology. You need to get your chart done free at astro.com

You need to understand there is far far more to astrology than just ‘sun signs’ firstly there are 10planets in the sky and 12houses and any one of these 10planets can be in any one of these 12 houses – so there’s 144 possible combinations there –

What is vitally important is your ‘time of birth’ and nearest town and then go to free website like astro.com to calculate your natal chart, you may have to reduce the image in Extended chart selection to 63% save to your hard drive, then upload here.

You need to post your chart in Western reading forum, you can get this free very easily from www.astro.com. You may have to reduce the image to 63% in Extended chart selection

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Remember back to your school days an opposition is 180', square 90', trine 120', and sextile 60' Now challenged aspects are conj (depending on the planets, cos some like each other and some really don't) squares and oppositions. Easy aspects are conj (if the planets get along) eg: Jupiter conj Moon, sextile and trine. Quincunx is inbetween (depending on the planets) causes health strains and unresolved or hard to balance planets/energies.

murad_cheechong

Post by murad_cheechong » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:11 pm

im a second decan gemini/libra ascedent

Vrillin

Post by Vrillin » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:17 pm

For the fun of it I will post my sun signs

Natal: Libra
Draconian: Taurus

Ascendant
Natal: Taurus
Draconian: Scorpio

MC
Natal: Capricorn
Draconian: Cancer

Descendant
Natal: Scorpio

If anyone has heard of Transient Passengers/ Starseeds/ or Wanderers I believe I am one so I will also post for fun my numerology numbers which seem to connect to my astrology placements.

Numerology Names: Chaldean 61-7
Pythagorean Reduced: 74-11-2

Lifepath: 29-11-2
Ad deduc Per alii

astrologer50

Re: what is my ascendant

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Jey wrote:I'm a libran, however, some astrologer would say that my ascendant is Cancer while others are Leo. When we talk of ascendant do we mean the the 6-8 hour in our chart during the time of our birth? or the 4-6 time on our birth chart However, if I would read my horoscope Virgo fits me well, too. If Virgo fits me, what could be the time of my birth because I really don't know the time of my birth?

Can you tell ..pls...I appreciate it.

Jey
Why not go to astro and get your free chart, then use their interactive model to get an explanation, then go to cafeastrology and do the same, but do *not* use their charts as they inferior.

then when you get this chart post in western forum if you want to ask questions.
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Vrillin wrote:For the fun of it I will post my sun signs

Natal: Libra

Ascendant
Natal: Taurus
Draconian: Scorpio

MC
Natal: Capricorn
Draconian: Cancer

Descendant
Natal: Scorpio

If anyone has heard of Transient Passengers/ Starseeds/ or Wanderers I believe I am one so I will also post for fun my numerology numbers which seem to connect to my astrology placements.

Numerology Names: Chaldean 61-7
Pythagorean Reduced: 74-11-2

Lifepath: 29-11-2
why are you using/posting draconian charts?? the vast majority use Western tropical zodiac, unless of couse you are in India/asia and the use Vedic/sidereal charts.

Just remember planets are modified by signs, where they express are houses and how they express are mathematical aspects. So what you posted is meaningless as your SUN sign and Asc/MC are not islands and do not function without the rest of the planets being involved.

You have to accept we are ALL multifaceted human beings and what astrology does is break things down, compartmentalises things into smaller chunks for you to digest. These chunks are called mathematical aspects these 10 planets make to each other. This is the *meat and bones* of astrology. Just remember planets are modified by signs, where they express are houses and how they express are *aspects* Planets to not act alone as if stranded on a desolate island, they interact and express as modified energies. For me astrology is a form of psychology, a way to help you understand you, your motivations and ways of thinking/feeling In future please consider posting a chart rather than just little bits and pieces of it

Whilst the whole chart needs to be taken into consideration, if this is the level you can manage or understand now, that's ok. Just keep asking questions and that way the 'whole' chart will someday make much more sense. Everyone has to start somewhere and I applaud and encourage you for taking those baby steps.

Research all your natal aspects here
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/plan ... ology.html
my basic natal aspects thread
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 528AA20osw
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

Return to “Libra - September 21 - October 20”