Tidbits and Preferances

This is the main Western Astrology Learning Forum. General Western Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Sei no Senshi

Tidbits and Preferances

Post by Sei no Senshi » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:01 am

This isn't really part of the astrology lessons or anything, just me and my craziness filling you students in on my changes and augmentations as well as my preferances for various things.

First and formost would be the necessary tidbits, starting with the changes in the course outline.  Now, I know...they weren't supposed to change, and I'm really sorry for doing it, but I noticed some things I felt like I needed to explain that I never had explained to me on the basic beginning level.  So, the only change is an addition of a Dignities section inbetween the Signs and Planets.  Originally, it never occured to me to have this section, but then I thought about it and decided that explaining why Jupiter rules Pisces would be an improvement over just telling you that he does.  So, this new section of the outline looks like this:

III.  Dignities - The Powers
    A.  Domiciles/Detriments
    B.  Exaltations/Falls
    C.  Triplicities
    D.  Terms and Faces

Planets will follow this as the IV numeral with Aspects being bopped down to the V numeral spot.  Again, I apologize that I changed it up after I promised myself that was going to be it, but with this addition you'll be pretty far ahead in your understanding of the philosophy behind such decisions as planetary rulers of Signs.  Not any beginning books I've ever looked at have even attempted to explain this, and I learned it fairly recently myself.

Another thing that I did not mention (me being sneaky-sneaky) is that once the basic course ends the twenty of you will have a choice of whether to continue on to a more advanced class dealing with Horary, Event, and Electional astrology.  You can continue on if you feel like you want to, but if your interest is not in this particular branch of astrology, then please, do not take it.  The difference in rules and such will only confuse you when you start to study your prefered branch, so I think it's best to save the headache.  Originally I was going to offer Natal astrology as a sort of split class set-up, but I don't consider myself much of a natal astrologer, so I would rather avoid as many eggs falling towards my face as possible.

Now, for my preferances.  The only one I have here is I would rather been seen as a friend than a teacher or anyone of such authority.  So, I would definately prefer it if everyone used an instant messaging program for this class.  I have Yahoo, MSN, and AIM myself, so if you would each grab one of these, you can contact me through any one of these three screennames as I have them up in my profile.  In a perfect world we would all congregate onto one and be able to have instantaneous group discussions of the current or past lessons and have reviews over tests and quizzes that will be seemingly (check that, seemingly) randomly given out.  However, I realize this is not a perfect world, but as long as there are several people on one IM program, it doesn't matter that much to me.  I've already had three students contact me personally on AIM, if that helps you make your decision any on which one to obtain if you have none of the three.  If you'd prefer to join the larger group, AIM seems to be the way to go.  If you'd rather be in a smaller group, congregate with your fellow classmates and see who you can sway over to your prefered IM!  :D

LightOfStar11
Location: Tallahassee Florida, and in your worst nightmares. :3

Post by LightOfStar11 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:16 am

Hi Ryo-sensei n.n

when do we get homework? =D
Double negatives...in multiplication, they're positive. In addition, they're negative. In grammar...they're just plain incorrect. O.o; Lol.
<3 ~~ Jade

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:59 am

hello,
good luck with the new class:)
hope to see a lot of discussions here.

qwertyabcabc

Post by qwertyabcabc » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:19 pm

All the best for the new class !!

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:50 am

A Great start Sei. Be my best teacher.

RishiRahul

Sei no Senshi

Woah woah!

Post by Sei no Senshi » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:50 pm

Something I should have mentioned way in the beginning, but I guess it left me until just this moment. &nbsp;

If you have not ever used a chart-erecting program or are unfamiliar with what an astrological chart even looks like, I recommend you go to astro.com and register an account with them. &nbsp;This gives you a storage tank that will fit 100 charts in. &nbsp;It's only a recommendation for the basic class, but if you choose to move on to the advanced class a chart-erecting program like astro.com is manditory.

Better late than never, I suppose.
Chinmoku no hoshi, Dosei wo shugo ni motsu, hametsu no senshi. &nbsp;Seira Satan.

Return to “Introduction to Western Astrology”