##New class beginning- WESTERN ASTROLOGY CLASS - SIGN UP!!##

This is the main Western Astrology Learning Forum. General Western Astrology lessons and questions and answers can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rhutobello

##New class beginning- WESTERN ASTROLOGY CLASS - SIGN UP!!##

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:48 pm

Please sign up for Western Astrology class here.

The class is an online project, which is done here on this site, under leadership of Youdah, our eminent Reader in Western Astrology and Horary section.

The class is a "self study" project, and the student learn by reading the material the teacher put forward.

It is important that the student interact between each other, and teacher.

Only by being active can one expect to learn this exciting "Trade"

The class is for new beginners and for people with some knowledge in the art.

I wish you all good luck.

The Teacher will announce what time the class will start.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:02 pm

I am really looking forward to being the moderator for a class in western astrology.  I thank Swetha, Rishirahul, and Rhutobello for the confidence and support for this class!

My background in astrology is varied.  I began learning astrology in the late 1960s.  Through various classes, self-study and research, I have been doing many different kinds of astrology for near to 40 years.  I have done professional readings for others off and on during this time.  I am currently retired, so I can use my time as I please!  So, naturaly, I am spending more time with astrology than during the years when I tried to earn a living!

---------------

Let me begin by telling you what I hope to accomplish.  This class is for anyone and everyone.  

Beginners:  If you know nothing about astrology, you will learn to do readings.  By the end of the class, you will have received a good reading of your own birth chart and have a foundation for doing other kinds of astrology readings.

Intermediate to Advanced:  You will be asked to choose an area of astrology that you wish to learn more about, such as electional, medical, predictive, horary, karmic, or etc.  Through the class you will learn how to do readings in this specialized area.  By the end of the class, you will have read your own chart in this area and have a good foundation for applying these skills to other areas of astrology.  A list of many different areas of astrology can be found by following this link:  http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=56099

Because this class is open to all levels and interests in western astrology, you will have a chance to learn from many different people with many different methods and viewpoints (depending on who wishes to take the class)!

How to sign-up!  If you are interested, please simply make a new post to this thread (below).

Please give your sun sign (only), your level of astrology understanding (beginner, intermediate, advanced).

Then, just watch for new posts under the "Western Astrology Class Questions and Answers" forum,
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... .php?f=113 and the "Class Lessons and Tutorials" forum http://mysticboard.org/vi ... .php?f=114

Soon, I will be posting more information, a class syllabus (sorta), what you will need to do and bring to the class, general instructions, etc.

I look forward to meeting each and everyone of you!  

Of course, the class is beginning under my own Jupiter sextile mercury, and uranus trine uranus transits.  So, this will be a good time for all with much accomplished and learned!
Last edited by Youdah on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ec

Post by ec » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:04 pm

yes I would love to learn a little astrology.
Thankyou

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:41 am

I would really like to be a part of this learning too.

I have absolutly no knowledge in Western astrology and have read a lot in Vedic astrology. However I do have lots of questions and I hope this interactive class will help me a lot.

Thank you

ETA: I would not be able to actively participate till the end of this month.However will surely try to catch up once am back. Hope its okay.
Last edited by soulsearch on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Antigone

Post by Antigone » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:11 am

Signing up. I'm a Leo.
It's a beautiful life. Believe.

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:59 am

I would really like to do this, I'm a beginner.
This is something I have always wanted to learn.
The thing though is that I start writing my exams on the 23rd. I finish on the 11th of Nov.
So I was wondering if I could still be apart of the course but maybe delayed?
Like if there is homework etc I could submit it later?
Cause I will only really be able to follow the course after my last exam on the 11th of Nov.
But if not - I understand and thank you for providing such a great thing for ppl!
xx

Oh and if I can't join the class a little later then will there maybe be another course running in the near future?
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:00 am

Those who have scheduling problems because of out of town or other commitments, please sign up for the class anyway.  Everything, including all discussions, are "saved" on this website, so you can easily catch-up!  :)

Besides, there are always lots of "lurkers" who read the threads, and all about the classes, but never ever say anything!  So, I appreciate that you're willing to participate when you can, as much as you can!

JelliedJonquil

Post by JelliedJonquil » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:54 am

I want to sign on, I'm keen to learn and have very limited understanding on astrology, my sun sign is Aries, but I'm very laid back and placid, you'd think I lied about my birth sign!

JJ

Naomiel

Post by Naomiel » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:05 pm

I'm here to sign up too for the classes! :) I'm a beginner!

I must confess I'm having very mixed feelings about learning astrology.... it feels like Taboo or something forbidden!

How long will it take to become proficient in reading natal charts?

Hoosiergal

Post by Hoosiergal » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:56 pm

I would like to learn. I'm a beginner and I am a Taurus

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:10 pm

Naomiel wrote:I'm here to sign up too for the classes! :) I'm a beginner!

I must confess I'm having very mixed feelings about learning astrology.... it feels like Taboo or something forbidden!

How long will it take to become proficient in reading natal charts?
We are reading our charts from the very beginning.  Proficiency will depend upon how much you put into the class!

As for the taboo!  I felt the same way when I started to learn about any of the metaphysics.  It had been pounded into my head that only certain few could ever receive any kind of revelation from God, and any of these metaphysical sciences were just from the devil.  To dabble in them, it was said, would lead you straight down the road to hell.

Ironically, at the same time that the guilt-trip is being laid down, these same people will also tell you that it doesn't work.  So, if it doesn't work, why all the fuss and guilt-trip?

You will have to decide for yourself.  But, I have come to believe that studying anything that was created BY God couldn't be bad.  No one gives you a guilt-trip if you study mathematics or butterflies, so why the guilt-trip if someone studies the heavens or its effects on us?  No one denies that the moon controls the tides, and no one criticizes if you study the tides.  LOL!

Read through some of the descriptions that are posted.  Does any of it sound sinister or evil or forbidden?  Self-critical messages and self-condemnation are usually just too much "super-ego."

Be gentle with yourself.  Perhaps you have an interest in this because it is something that you are meant to learn.  You can always walk away if you decide, for yourself, that it isn't for you.  Control your own life, and make your own decisions, whatever they may be.  Sometimes the most well-meaning people, are just wrong...so decide all things for yourself with inquiry, testing, and thoughtfullness.  If you listen to your own heart, you won't go wrong...because we were born only with goodness and preciousness.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:14 pm

Hoosiergal wrote:I would like to learn. I'm a beginner and I am a Taurus
Welcome!  We have just started, so you can jump right in!

Does your nickname mean that you are a Hoosier?

Castitatis Lilium

Post by Castitatis Lilium » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:07 pm

Signing up (hope it is still possible). Staggi here.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:24 pm

Castitatis Lilium wrote:Signing up (hope it is still possible). Staggi here.
Welcome!

Of course it's still open!  When you are ready or have time, just go into the "Lessons" and/or Class Questions forums!

Hoosiergal

Youdah

Post by Hoosiergal » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Yes, I'm a Hoosier. Born there and grew up there. Left after I graduated from high scohool, but it will always be home to me.

Return to “Introduction to Western Astrology”