Empty Houses

Clear your doubts and ask questions. Get answers to all your queries which will help you learn faster.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Sei no Senshi

Empty Houses

Post by Sei no Senshi » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:19 pm

This was actually a question asked by LightofStar concerning empty houses.  She asked what the significance was of having them.

There isn't any.  Don't be surprised if you open up your chart for the first time and see that you have empty houses.  I've never met anyone who has a planet occupying all of their houses.  Planets in houses sort of augment what's going on with that house, like Neptune on the Descendant can show confusion as far as relationships with others go, something like that.  However, the main 'feel' of the house is set by the house Lord: the planet who rules what Sign is on the cusp.  So, don't worry if you have empty houses, each of your houses will have a Lord.
Chinmoku no hoshi, Dosei wo shugo ni motsu, hametsu no senshi.  Seira Satan.

npb

Post by npb » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:53 am

what if a house have 3 sign in it ? also no problem ? and if a house have 3 sign will it make different in reading compare only have 1 sign ?

thanks

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:05 pm

Like, an intercepted Sign in a house?

Intercepted Signs are a pretty prevelant occurance, it usually has to do with longitude and lattitude and it happens when you have a Sign that is completely within a house.  I have Aries and Libra intercepted in the First and Seventh houses.  My First house starts at 25° Pisces and ends at 4° Taurus.  So, the last five degrees of Pisces, the entirety of Aries, and the first four degrees of Taurus are all within my first house.  Regardless of the main Arian occupance, Pisces is on the cusp of my First house, and thus Jupiter still lords over this house.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:42 pm

Dear Sei,

If say the 10th, 6th, 11 th and 3rd. house is not occupied by planets in a chart,as compared to another chart where the said houses are occupied. Would there be no difference in results at all.

I was under the impression that occupied houses mean that the native would have more action in the said areas and or would give more effort in the said areas.

Am I right ion thinking so?

Thank you,,

RishiRrahul

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:14 am

Well, yes, that's about right.

The point of my answer to the question wasn't to downplay the importance of planetary house occupancy, but to undermine the supposed 'oddity' of having blank houses.  It's not odd at all, happens all the time.

Sorry if I confused anyone.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:20 am

Sei no Senshi wrote:Well, yes, that's about right.

The point of my answer to the question wasn't to downplay the importance of planetary house occupancy, but to undermine the supposed 'oddity' of having blank houses.  It's not odd at all, happens all the time.

Sorry if I confused anyone.
Thank you Sei,

Now I am sure that the sense can be applied to Western Astrology too.

RishiRahul

cyhawley

Post by cyhawley » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:25 am

All my planets are within 120 degrees ( a Bundle) 8th to 12 house.  So I have 7 empty houses.  Nothing in the 5th house but I have 3 kids etc.
To get more information about empty houses check out the ruler of the empty house cusp.  What sign and  house and  what aspects to other planets does the ruler make. Such as your second house (money possession values) is empty with Sagittarius on the 2nd house cusp.  Sag's ruler Jupiter is in 4th house.   An interpetation could be, you value home and family and could make money and increase your possessions with a home based business or by investing in real estate for rental income.   Planets aspecting the second house cusp or the 2nds ruler give  further information.
Cynthia

Castitatis Lilium

Post by Castitatis Lilium » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:55 pm

Thanks! This helped me a lot! I never knew what to do with those empty houses!

Return to “Western Astrology Class Questions and Answers”