Male/Female and Yin/Yang

Clear your doubts and ask questions. Get answers to all your queries which will help you learn faster.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Male/Female and Yin/Yang

Post by Youdah » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:13 pm

**This thread open to all, not just those interested in astrology.**

It is said that everything is male or female, yin or yang.

Day and Night.  Higher and Lower.  Soft and receptive, or hard and fixed.  Sun and Moon.

How does this apply to things in your life?  Or does it?  Can something be both?

What kinds of things would you consider to be Yin?  Or Yang?  Or do you think that there is such a quick, easy way to label everything?

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:19 am

I found this and just HAD to share it, "The relationship between yin and yang is often described in terms of sunlight playing over a mountain and in the valley. Yin (literally the 'shady place' or 'north slope') is the dark area occluded by the mountain's bulk,
while yang (literally the 'sunny place' or 'south slope') is the brightly lit portion.
As the sun moves across the sky, yin and yang gradually trade places with each other, revealing what was obscured and obscuring what was revealed.

Yin is usually characterized as slow, soft, insubstantial, diffuse, cold, wet, and tranquil. It is generally associated with the feminine, birth and generation, and with the night.
Yang, by contrast, is characterized as hard, fast, solid, dry, focused, hot, and aggressive. It is associated with masculinity and daytime."

I had to really think about it cause I was having a conflict of views. Because while I completely agree with the above extract there is something niggling at the back of my mind.
After some thought I decided that at the highest level, the level that is parallel to the source, maybe even at the source level, there is no difference, it is all just ONE.

Then as you take the next step down then variations start to appear, such as things having maybe just a little bit more of a masculine vibe or a feminine vibe (yang and yin respectively).

But I do think that there is an equal balance in all things and its external factors that would cause something to maybe lean a little bit more to the one side or the other?? hummm now I'm confusing myself.

Is it possible to have all three views?? hahahaha!!

i don't know if there is a quick easy way to label everything, I think one would have to take in the circumstances around it. Something could be yin the one moment and the next all of a sudden yang. I think it also depends on who is looking at it too and the external factors and/or circumstances acting on that person?

Thats my 2cents :)
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:28 am

Rosered...I am not reading your posts...you make my thoughts bias.:)

I went googling and reached the circle sign...'Opposing forces bound together'

Male + female = Whole/Creation/Child.

Every thing natural...human,plants,nature, living being have qulaities of Yin and Yang. It could be within ( balanced self) or with others ( outside).There are people whom you connect with immediately must be certain yin qualities within self connecting with the others yang qualities ( close friends )or viceversa.
Now Yin and yang can be withing self too to make a complete whole.

Since I assume that Sun is the male and Moon the female.....irrespective what roles they play it would be really nice if you could share your thoughts on the astro indicators.

SS

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:49 am

HAHAHAHA!!! I know exactly what you mean soulsearch!!! thats what i did with the 4 element thing...i first did my version and then i went back and read yours! heehee No worries!
soulsearch wrote:I went googling and reached the circle sign...'Opposing forces bound together'

Male + female = Whole/Creation/Child.
I really like that!!
Could you possible maybe post that sign you found?
soulsearch wrote:There are people whom you connect with immediately must be certain yin qualities within self connecting with the others yang qualities ( close friends )or viceversa.
I'm not sure if I really understand properly what you mean here, is it like the way crystals work?
Okay let me explain my thought process a little better, crystals have a certain mineral composition say silica, calcium and carbon for example, the mix in the crystal for example is x amount of silica, y amount of calcium and z amount of carbon is almost like a little mini DNA structure, that specific mix has a certain vibration. Its a unique mix.
So when you hold that crystal then the crystal resonates with all the silica, calcium and carbon in your body.
Allowing you to feel the vibration and for healing to occur.

So are you kinda saying that when you connect with someone its almost like you're resonating with the same yin and yang balance? Or maybe the exact opposite yin/yang balance and thats why you are drawn to that person?
Urg don't know if I'm explaining myself very well over here :) heehee
help!
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:19 am

Thank you for sharing about the crystals used as healing. Healing ( creating balance) through planets/charts is something that has been something that has intrigued me...nothing more.

What I maybe meant was and I could be  totally wrong (as been asked to rework on my perceptions)......maybe a balanced person would connect with everybody but then if the balanced person is really balanced then why would there be a connection requirement. It is as simple as it may be or as complicated as one wants it to be...

Hope I am not kicked out of the class for talking/thinking  too much....:)

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:09 pm

Rosered,

So what you are saying that if certain elements are less in the human body, then certain crystals help to energise those low areas.

In vedic astrology, certain gems ( ruby,cats eye, pearl )are equated to certain planets and people are often told to wear those gems as remedial measures as per their planet positions/transits in their natal chart.
So are you kinda saying that when you connect with someone its almost like you're resonating with the same yin and yang balance? Or maybe the exact opposite yin/yang balance and thats why you are drawn to that person?
Now thats a thought.... I wouldnt use the word 'drawn' maybe just connect.,,even if its temporary..like taking your example of walking in the park...its your pull/drawn/connect factor for that moment.
So maybe all the 4 elements and its nature have certain Yin and Yang element in them.

Hope I am making some sense. :)

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:42 pm

Yeah I do believe that that is def one of the levels on how crystals work,
it can I think also sort of activate those areas, teaches them, those areas, to start vibrating at a certain level which then 'unlocks' things within us. Kinda opens new doors to new understandings.

Example: Its almost like if you have never done something before it will be difficult to do it for the first time, like if you are not used to discussing ideas, you have never discussed ideas before, then when someone starts barraging you with a conversation wanting your input you might be overwhelmed and be unable to respond.
But once you have been in that situation once before then the next time you will be able to respond quicker. You've learned a skill.

Hence with the crystal if you have never accessed say unconditional love then it brings that vibration within you, breaks down that 'block' (not sure if you have ever watched What the bleep? But its like the Indian seeing a ship for the first time - he can't actually see it because it does not exist within his particular repository of experiences - so it is like a 'block') and then in situations after that you will be able to recognise unconditional love easier and quicker and even be able to access it by yourself without any help. That I feel is the ultimate level.
Thats why I'm very strong on the idea of crystals to not become a crutch - let it teach you - but then put it away and do it on your own.  :smt003

Oh I just have to say this, this is MY own personal opinion, based on what I have read and my own experiences.
This is def not the ONLY truth, just my 2cents.
soulsearch wrote:So maybe all the 4 elements and its nature have certain Yin and Yang element in them.
I DEF agree with you on that one!!
Very much like what Youday said in the 4 elements thread.
Youdah wrote:that every THING/ PLACE/ PERSON/ ANIMAL/ THOUGHT/ BEHAVIOR/ EXPERIENCE or PERSONALITY on the planet, or in the heavens, has the "energy" of the elements in it.
So I also believe that there will be elements of yin/yang in them too.

RR

edit --> to add abit more
Last edited by RoseRed on Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:06 am

RoseRed wrote: I had to really think about it cause I was having a conflict of views. Because while I completely agree with the above extract there is something niggling at the back of my mind.
After some thought I decided that at the highest level, the level that is parallel to the source, maybe even at the source level, there is no difference, it is all just ONE.
I think the idea of ONE is inherent in the yin-yang philosophy as shown in this graphic.

Well!  There's that CIRCLE again!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Castitatis Lilium

Post by Castitatis Lilium » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:58 pm

I think Yin and Yang is both in you, that way, it also makes one.
Further, I don't know how and what. So far I wasn't yet.

Return to “Western Astrology Class Questions and Answers”