Lesson 1 Discussion and Interpretation -- The Houses

Clear your doubts and ask questions. Get answers to all your queries which will help you learn faster.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Hoosiergal

Naomiel

Post by Hoosiergal » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:44 pm

When you have your chart on the screen do a print screen (key is on your keyboard-may look like this PrtSc). Open MS Office Publisher and do a Control V (ctrl V will paste/copy it to a document). Then you can save it as a .gif file using the drop down on the save as type box.

Naomiel

Post by Naomiel » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:00 am

On my keyboard its 'Print Screen SysRq'..... but it just doesnt work.... Should I press another key at the same time? LIke its dead.... a waste of plastic

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:48 pm

Naomiel wrote:On my keyboard its 'Print Screen SysRq'..... but it just doesnt work.... Should I press another key at the same time? LIke its dead.... a waste of plastic
Please take a software problem to Private Messages.  I would prefer that this thread remain as much as possible on topic.  I don't mind brief questions off-topic, but when they are going to require detailed tutoring, they should go to Private Messages between the person asking for software help and the person giving it.  Thank you!

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Managed to upload the chart.I havent read all the posts so I could be totally wrong :)

5th house
Fire Sign
Yang
Suceedent
Fixed

I guess I have Capricorn and Aquarius in the 5th house

Capricorn
Earth
Angular- Beginning
Cardinal
Yin

Aquarius
Air
Suceedent- Middle
Fixed
Yang

Will post more, later. Need to go for that walk in the park :) Rosered Hope your exams are going well.

:)
Last edited by soulsearch on Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:01 pm

soulsearch wrote:Managed to upload the chart.I havent read all the posts so I could be totally wrong :)

5th house
Fire Sign
Yang
Suceedent
Fixed

I guess I have Capricorn and Aquarius in the 5th house

Capricorn
Earth
Angular- Beginning
Cardinal
Yin

Aquarius
Air
Suceedent- Middle
Fixed
Yang
Yes, this is exactly correct!

Now, for interpretation!  Only using the 5th House information and the "sun sign" that begins your 5th House (capricorn).  We'll deal with intercepted signs later (what happens when the next sign is also part of a House).

Colors added just to show where the information comes from when doing an interpretation.

What do YOU think would happen if you combined Fire and Earth?

What do YOU think would happen if you combined Angular and Suceedant? (Beginning and Middle cycles)

What do YOU think would happen if you combined Yin and Yang?

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:21 am

I guess the Kaal Purush chart indicates where signs are naturally comfortable and ones birth chart would indicate areas of strength.

When we mix Fire and Earth.
Fire represents action and Earth represents practicality and solidarity.
Yin + Yang= Whole
Angular ( Capricorn)+ Suceedent ( middle)
Point of initiation/action +Point of purpose stabilisation
*********************************************************************************************************************
Only those pleasure areas appeal to me that are really practical and down to earth that help me maintain my solidarity ( earth).My creative ideas are expressed ( Fire ) best when they are related to praticality ( earth). On the other hand most of my creative thoughts and ideas are initiated when I generally am close to earth ( like walking in the park or doing household chores) I too tend to start creative things easily but lose interest until some air element is added (reminds me when I first learnt knitting ...i started it with lot of enthusiasm and then I needed the shouting ( fire )of my mom to continue it and eventually she did finish the knitting ).  

I really pamper my kids but not to the point of spoiling them ( earth).I at times do get irritated when things dont go as planned ( earth) and then I overreact ( fire)I always help my children to initiate things giving pratical approach but let them manage their own way till they cry ( fire) and eventually they manage to finish it successfully..so I guess without my end it makes them independent.

Loving ( romance) comes naturally but is expressed only in matters of practicality ( earth).Yes looking at nature ( earth) is very inspiring ( initiating)for me as looking at broken sink ( practicality) or for that matter the smiles on my children faces ( 5th house)

Since these areas dont perturb me I really feel complete ( Yin and Yang) in the above areas inspite of me just being able to initiate certain creative things wrt to pleasures/creativity/children and romance.

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:48 am

Taking Hosiergal ( can I call you Hg since you are making me think ).

She doesnt have any planet in the 5th house. But has Capricorn ( natural position of the 10th house). The 10th house has Mars and Capricorn's natural ruler Saturn is placed in the 4th house.

No I am not complicating it ( just thinking- air) ..just trying to understand that while using her fifth house ( creativity/children/pleasure/romance ) and since she doesnt have any planet in it ....it would have traits of both the 10th and the 4th.

Just thinking aloud :)

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:59 am

Everyone is really doing great with this!  

This has been an important step and one of the hardest, because you've been able to take the most basic information and begin to do interpretations from it, and without the help of a book or someone else's written meanings.  That is wonderful!

Let's go on to the next Lesson about the Moon, Cancer, and the 4th House.  I think everyone who has been participating has posted, and everyone is doing a great job of it!  We'll be back to the things in this lesson again, so let's move on for now!

You all make me feel very excited!  You are all doing great!

Next Lesson:  http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=56649

Castitatis Lilium

Post by Castitatis Lilium » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:04 pm

Okay, second try.

5th house
Fire Sign
Yang
Suceedent
Fixed

Ceres/Moon

So what's with ceres and the moon?
KISS IT!

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:17 pm

Castitatis Lilium, yes!  You've got the characteristics of your 5th House.  I don't understand why you asked about Ceres and the Moon, though.  They are in the 6th House...and we haven't gotten to them yet in this lesson.

Keep going!  :)

Castitatis Lilium

Post by Castitatis Lilium » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:06 pm

5th house? Is that then virgo?
KISS IT!

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:50 pm

An overview of all the Houses is at my webspace  http://www.geocities.com/youdah2/   You can use this as a reference and a reminder.  From there, you will see that the 5th House is Leo.  The next class lesson (Lesson 2) will go into this further.

Castitatis Lilium

Post by Castitatis Lilium » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:56 am

5th house
Fire Sign
Yang
Suceedent
Fixed

Jupiter
Fire Sign
Yang
Cadent
Mutable

So I have a lot of fire in my chart. Furthere Yang + Yang is too masculine, right? Succedant + Cadent is middle and end, so I miss the beginning. Maybe I'm not so good in starting with children, creativity, people may have to push me, but when I'm started, watch out!  :smt003
My fith house is fixed, but jupiter is mutable. That seems to be the opposite. Fixed is for stability, permanent and unchanging, while mutable is for adaptable and changing. So I might want stability, but sometimes there are points in my life where it has to change. Like, when I change schools (I'm in my senior year).
KISS IT!

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:33 pm

Yes, you've got the idea!  Good job!  

Be careful about saying you are"too masculine."  We've only looked at a couple of things in the chart so far.  As we go along, you will see more Yin/feminine things in your chart to balance it out.  This is just one House and one planet!  There's still a lot to see in the chart!  :)

I liked your interpretation about having trouble getting started on some things!  :)

Castitatis Lilium

Post by Castitatis Lilium » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:37 pm

Thank you! I will start on lesson 2 tonight.
KISS IT!

Return to “Western Astrology Class Questions and Answers”