What watch q's

Clear your doubts and ask questions. Get answers to all your queries which will help you learn faster.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Naomiel

What watch q's

Post by Naomiel » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:49 am

How do I know if its the right chart? I press 'Radix' afterwards.... I try to put my country in and have downloaded it to the atlas and it always tells my I havent downloaded it yet! Somethings not working here...
 i still dont understand how to copy and paste it
I'm still really unsure about how to use this software!

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:57 pm

When you open the program, a chart for right "now" appears on the screen.  Change the information to your birth information.  Then, SAVE.  The next time you want your chart, click on "load" and click on the file (that you named) for your birth chart.  To name your chart, be sure to change "now" to a different file name, because the program will save the chart to whatever you name it in the "now" space.

After you have downloaded another atlas, be sure it is in the same directory as the program, on your computer.  Close the program, and then re-open it.  The atlas will now be working for the new country.  There is no place to "see" the atlas except when you click on >Atlas on the main page.  This will take you to the page to choose coordinates.  The new atlas will be listed from the drop-down menu.  Choose the right part of the world, then type in your city (only, no country).  The program will list all places with the same city name.  Click on the one you want, then click on the Accept Button.

Load the birth chart you want.  Look for a key on your computer keyboard called print screen. This is usually a button near the top of your keyboard called "prt sc"  While holding down the control button (crtl) button on your keyboard, also press the key for "prt sc"  This puts everything on your screen into memory.  Now open whatever graphic program you use.  Do whatever you do to make or edit a new picture.  To get the chart out of memory, some programs have an option from the "file" menu to copy contents of memory to a new file --or picture, or it may say "new from clipboard" or whatever.  This gets whatever you have in short-term computer memory out into a new picture (or graphic).  You can also press the ctrl key (on your keyboard) then while holding that key down, also press the letter "v"

If you don't have a graphic or picture/photo editing software on your computer, you'll have to get one.  Several are free on the internet.  Windows has a basic program that comes with the software called "Paint" under the "Accessories" main menu.  You can use that one.  If using "paint" just open the program, then press your ctrl and the letter v keys to copy the contents of memory into a new picture.

Castitatis Lilium

Post by Castitatis Lilium » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:59 pm

Photofiltre is a free graphic program. You can download it for free at photofiltre.en.softonic.com/ or you can google it.
KISS IT!

Naomiel

Post by Naomiel » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Thanks for that link Castitatis Lilium..... This was the only thing that actually worked after all my efforts with the existing software ... Thank goodness! :)

Castitatis Lilium

Post by Castitatis Lilium » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:25 pm

No thanks.

I use it very rarely now, but there was once that I use it very, very often. And if you want to do more with it, you can easily google tutorials, try "Photofiltre + Tutorial".
KISS IT!

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:53 am

Just thought this would help for What watch's questions
Youdah wrote: Colors are by kinds of aspects.  Red=square/oppositions, green=trines, yellow=semi-squares/semi-sextiles, blue=inconjuncts/sextiles

We haven't talked about the semi-squares/semi-sextiles.  They are read just like the "full" aspects (squares/sextiles), but without as much punch, more or less.  We'll talk more about what different kinds of aspects "mean" very soon...because I want to get into readings/interpretations of full charts as quickly as we can...after we get through the basics.  No one ever really learns astrology until you start doing it, and it doesn't get fun until you can start doing readings!  :)

Yes, darker lines will show the relative strength (or more exact) aspects.

In What Watch under "tutorial" and then "Aspects," there's some good explanations of what the graphics mean.  Also, under "FAQs2 Planets" from the tutorial, there's a brief explanation of all the planets, and so also the "Houses" by rulership.

We ought to start a thread just about What Watch, because questions seem necessary to understand what you're even looking at, or how to make it do something.  Maybe when I'm feeling ambitious, I'll try to collect all the posts about WW and get them all into one thread.

Return to “Western Astrology Class Questions and Answers”