Cardinal, Fixed, Mutable

Clear your doubts and ask questions. Get answers to all your queries which will help you learn faster.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Cardinal, Fixed, Mutable

Post by Youdah » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:01 pm

We've talked in the class about these qualities of the Sun Signs and Houses.  So, I thought I'd tell you about a situation when these qualities really helped me.  Today, in fact.  :)

If you have stories, or ideas, please post.

I am in a lawsuit with an individual that is driving me freaking crazy.  We are trying to work on a settlement agreement.  Every time he doesn't get his way, or things don't go exactly as he thinks they should, he throws a regular little hissy-fit and the entire process comes to a screeching halt for a couple of weeks until he's done pouting.  He will do this even if it's just an unexpected piece of paperwork he needs to fill-out!  It is absolutely driving me nuts!

Yesterday, he got an idea of how to resolve the entire mess.  Time for celebration?  Well, not exactly.  His idea wouldn't work because it violated a state law.  It wasn't an intentional law-breaking, but just a procedural problem that is required by law.  When he was told we couldn't do it that way, but we could incorporate the idea into a slightly different form, he blasts out of there all in a huff, literally in tears because he thinks we never listen to him, etc.  Now, he won't answer his phone, emails, or refuses to participate again.  As usual.  

So, I'm pacing the floor, pouring drinks of vodka to keep my head from exploding and wondering why this idiot won't cooperate when it's in his best interest to cooperate???

Then, it hits me.  Because of this astrology class, with these concepts more on my mind, I get a flash of insight!  OMG!  He's a FIXED Sun Sign!  I'd bet on it!  So, I pull out his birthdate...and what do you think I found?  A TRIPLE FIXED situation.  His Sun, Moon, and Ascendant are all FIXED.  No mutables anywhere!  No wonder this guy does a meltdown every time something isn't the way he thinks it should be!

I am all mutables.  I'm a Pisces.  It's natural for us to adjust, change directions, find compromises, etc.  We're the best negotiators in the Zodiac, as long as we don't give someone the shirt off our backs to resolve something!  It is as foreign to me to be totally fixed as it must be confusing and aggravating to a fixed to deal with a mutable that can change directions, and come up with solutions, with the blink of an eye!

Well, it doesn't resolve this lawsuit.  But, maybe I won't need as much vodka now that I realize what's going on.  Yeah, me the astrology teacher and it took me 2 years in a lawsuit to figure out why this guy is never cooperating.  It's simple.  He can't cooperate and negotiate.  He's constitutionally incapable of it.  Well, now I'm going to have to figure out how to deal with a triple FIXED!  Have pity on me.  :)

So, sometimes when people drive you crazy, look at their chart!  Sometimes all that you'll need to know is if they are cardinal, fixed, or mutable.  LOL!

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:52 am

I am sorry you had a rough day. Hope the triple fixed sign issue is solved sooner than later.

Offlate I have been doing a lot of cooking. Not that I enjoy it on a regular basis but it is indeed very thereupetic. So while I was preparing the meal I wondered why mothers like to stuff greens  into their children. Green raises Iron levels (Red). Red is associated both with Mars and  Sun. Mercury ( thinking/reasoning) helps in Sun ( creativity/vigour).When Mercury is close to Sun then maybe expression/communication helps in  vigour. Sun talks about creativity and the 5th house so creatively expressing could be a trait of people who have Sun conjunct Mercury. Also in  all Indian meals we add a dash of turmeric for colour and its medicinal properties. Its colour Yellow- Jupiter. Jupiter also signifies knowledge.Anything knowledgable itself has medical properties.
No wonder Astrology is associated with Mercury and Jupiter.( thinking and knowledge = Wisdom).

Funny how we can incorporate astrology in our lives.
Thanks for this thread.

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:07 pm

Jees Youdah!!! hahahaha!!!! that poor poor man!!! (of course you too but you have the upper hand now :)) you crazy fish ppl! Moving all over the place! heehee I know as I am a pretty 'fixed' sign and I dated a pisces bout a year and have a pisces as a older sister!
You can imagine the family drama!!! hahahaha!!!

Thats so great, I love things like this as sometimes you are in a situation and you just do not know how to deal with it, and then poof! there is a little bit of info that makes it SOOO much easier to be patient. You now have perspective on it all and can better relate to what he is going through hence no more stalemate and you being alot more relaxed about the whole thing instead of being completely baffled.
I had a similar thing happen - not the same but more the concept of gaining perspective and after a month of groaning and sighing I now feel light and am able to handle the situation a lot better and for the good of all parties...

Yay for Youdah!!!

Oh wanted to ask ya, to get a quick idea of a person, do you look at their sun, moon and ascendant?
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

Return to “Western Astrology Class Questions and Answers”