Materials Needed and Syllabus - for all Astrology Students

This is a forum just for our teacher to post the learning material. Any post from students will be moved.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Materials Needed and Syllabus - for all Astrology Students

Post by Youdah » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:31 pm

What materials do you need?  Well, JUST YOU!   :smt020

But, there are some things you can do to get the most out of this class.

I strongly, LIKE STRONGLY, recommend that you get a three-ring binder with 15 tabs or dividers.  If you don't want to do this, you can work from a file folder on your computer.  This will be a place for you to take notes.  Oh, what a drag, you think!  Well, not so fast!  In a month or two, you're going to want to know if your boss is going to fire you, if that new guy or gal you met is the love of your life, where you lost your driver's license, or if you should buy that new car, or what the next year is going to be like, or your neighbor will want to know if her husband is cheating on her, and so on.  I can guarantee that you will NOT remember all the things you need to know to do an astrology chart to find the answers to your questions.  This binder will be more than a place to take notes; it is your reference book!  And, you don't even have to spend $50 to get a good astrology reference book, because you are going to make it yourself.  So, get yourself a binder so you can add-to the pages, take them out and shuffle them all around, and put them all back in again.  This will be important later on.  You'll see!  It is one of the easiest ways to learn and remember astrology, AND the easiest readings and interpretations you'll ever do....and all without buying a bunch of books to tell you how to do it.  You'll have it all at your fingertips...in your own astrology reference book.

Although not as important as the astrology book you will be making, I recommend that you get a package of index cards.  These can be 3X5 or 4X6.  If you don't want to do that, just regular paper will do just fine.  Again, you will see later why this is going to make learning astrology really quick, simple and easy.

Beginners: Please learn the "Astrology Symbols" before the first class, or at least be able to recognize what each one is.  We'll go into the meanings of each of them later.

Everyone, please draw the "Blank chart" below on a piece of 8X11-1/2 inch paper.  Or, you can download this one and print it out.  (right click, then save).  You don't need to worry about the list of symbols at the bottom of the page yet.  It will be the first page of your astrology reference book that you are making.

By the way:  The list of symbols at the bottom of the "Blank chart" page is your syllabus!     :smt007
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:25 am

Please note:  There was an error on the first "Blank Chart" that I posted here.  So, it has been updated to correct the error.  The error was corrected October 17th.  If you previously downloaded the chart, please discard it, and use this one instead.  

The correct chart has a white circle in the center so it won't be confused with the page that has the error.  Typically, an empty space is left in the center of most charts to leave a place to write the birth data or name of the chart, so this one is more useful also.

Naomiel

Post by Naomiel » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:16 pm

Youdah,
Are there supposed to be two symbols for Pluto or was that a typo?
Thanks
Naomi

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:52 pm

No, it's not a typo!  :)  You will see the symbol for Pluto shown both ways.  The one that looks like a capital P with a foot is more common, but you'll still see the other one from time to time.  Thanks for asking!

JelliedJonquil

Post by JelliedJonquil » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:44 pm

When I try to download that symbols it comes out hazy, I've tried to change the format but it isn't working, it still comes out with shadows or double print.  Is it supposed to be like this or am I using the wrong format?  If using the wrong format, which format would be better?

Thank you

JJ
Faith in oneself to believe in faith to believe in oneself.  JJ

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:09 pm

I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to help you print it out (I'm guessing that's what you're talking about).  The graphics are standard *.jpg files, so most programs should be able to print them out accurately.  If your computer isn't printing them as seen on the screen, I couldn't guess what's wrong without looking at your computer...which, of course, I can't do.  I'm sorry, I wish I could help you more.

later...it occurred to me that the problem might just be that your computer is out-lining all the text on the graphic, as it was created with "masks" which won't mean much to you if you don't do a lot of graphic art.  but, anyway, if that's what it's doing, then just print it out normally...the outlines won't print.

Return to “Western Astrology Class Lessons and Tutorials”