LESSON 2.3 The Sun, Leo, and Fifth House, part 3

This is a forum just for our teacher to post the learning material. Any post from students will be moved.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Youdah
Astrology Reader

LESSON 2.3 The Sun, Leo, and Fifth House, part 3

Post by Youdah » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:34 am

I don't see any reason to re-type what someone else has said well...so I found this description of the 5th House that I liked, because it has -- more than some other descriptions -- said that the 5th House is about those things that give us pleasure; so anything that gives pleasure --  whether it be physical, emotionally, mentally, socially, spiritually -- are all ruled by the 5th House.

From
"http://www.astrology.com/aboutastrology ... ouse5.html"

The Fifth House
House of Pleasure

The Fifth House is commonly referred to as the House of Pleasure. Oftentimes, pleasure is the result of a creative act. The simple act of creating is, essentially, giving of oneself and making something -- making another? Yes, the Fifth House does speak to procreation and children, but it also addresses the creation of art and culture. The creative life is one from which we can derive much personal pleasure and self-satisfaction. Do I like this? Does it make me feel good? Does it bring me pleasure? The answers therein are the domain of the Fifth House.

Taking this pleasure principle a step further, one can give it a more human face, even two faces. Romance and romantic affairs, both emotional pleasures, are within the realm of the Fifth House. Emotional satisfaction can be gained in many ways, and yet another way addressed by this House is gambling. While this implies a financial risk, it can also be viewed as the willingness to take a risk -- on love, with money or in life. A gut risk in the hopes of a pleasurable outcome is how the Fifth House sees it. This House is actually quite rich with pleasures since it also lords over fun, games and hobbies. Life is more than just being or doing, it also includes finding -- finding the pleasure in the acts in which we engage.

Children as a source of pleasure are also important in the Fifth House. This brings us back to creativity, since through our children, we create an extension of ourselves and then watch it grow. Giving our children all the good we had (and have), and then some, is certainly a pleasurable pursuit. How will this manifest itself? What form of pleasure and emotional release is best for our children? Music, dance, theater, art, science, literature -- these fancies are for them and for us. Play for the purpose of emotional enrichment and pure pleasure is what the Fifth House is all about.

The Fifth House is ruled by the Sign Leo and the Sun.

--------------

As an astrologer, many of the questions I receive are about love and romance.  Yes, the 5th House is definitely the House that rules love and romance.  The 5th House will also show how you approach romance and romantic love as well as how you respond to romantic love.

In the natal chart, the 5th House shows what the person's "ideal partner" will be like.  But, this isn't necessarily the person we marry!  Marriage is ruled by the 7th House, and we will talk more about the 7th House later.  For now, though, consider that our ideal partner is ruled by the 5th, and the person we marry is ruled by the 7th House.  This is an important distinction.  It also explains why the person you marry just never quite reaches that fantasy ideal lover that we may have in our minds!  Astrology recognizes that our ideal and reality doesn't always match very well.

So, how do you find your soulmate, your perfect love?  How do you know if the person you have met will be the "right one?"  And if you're already in a relationship, is there anything you can do to make the relationship better?  Does that person just drive you crazy because he/she does ________ (fill in the blank).  Well, there are several different ways to find out these things in astrology.  And we will cover them in this class!

There is controversy over where PETS should be placed...which House rules pets.  Many believe that pets should be in the 5th House.  Others say they are 2nd House or 3rd House.  If pets are your business or you receive income from pets, then some would say pets should be in the 6th House.  If you show pets professionally, pets would be in the 10th House!  Some astrologers say that small pets are ruled by the 5th House, but larger pets like horses should be in the 9th House.  So, you see, there is much controversy over which House rules pets.  What has worked best for me in practice is to determine how the person feels about his/her pets.  If they are like children to the person, then his/her pets should be placed in the 5th House; if the person sees his/her pets as possessions and nothing more, then readings about his/her pets then should be from the 2nd House, and so on.  

I have, again, posted a page about the 5th House.  As you read through it, notice that many of the keywords associated with the 5th House also could be said of Leo and the Sun!  You are welcome to download and print out this page for your notebook.  

If you have any questions or would like to discuss this further, please post.

When you are ready, please go to the Class Questions and Answers forum!  

After there has been participation from students in the Class Questions and Answers forum of Lesson 1 and 2, I will post the next lesson!  :)

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... .php?f=113
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:21 pm

"So, how do you find your soulmate, your perfect love?  How do you know if the person you have met will be the "right one?"  And if you're already in a relationship, is there anything you can do to make the relationship better?  Does that person just drive you crazy because he/she does ________ (fill in the blank).  Well, there are several different ways to find out these things in astrology.  And we will cover them in this class! "

good good!!
As I had some serious questions about my recent expired relationship I just had with a virgo....totally confused. sigh.
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:56 pm

LOL!  I think everyone wants to do that at least once...find out about what's gone wrong in a relationship!

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:06 am

LOL yeah!! Bloody hell...crazy virgo ppl...:)
looking forward to THAT section! heehee
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:11 am

Rosered,

Was going thru the old lessons/net and found something interesting

Venus represents  the kind of lover you seek
Also the nodes represent the kind of people we attract and the image we project based on our learning/previous experiences
5th house talks about the idea of an 'ideal partner'

Personally I have never clicked well with Virgo friends and wow I am a Virgo by Asc LOL !

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:06 pm

NO ways soulsearch!! Thats crazy!
I will have to have a look at mine! cause thats really interesting...they always say the thing you don't like the most about others is actually the characteristic within yourself that you don't like....hummmmm :)
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:23 pm

RoseRed wrote:NO ways soulsearch!! Thats crazy!
I will have to have a look at mine! cause thats really interesting...they always say the thing you don't like the most about others is actually the characteristic within yourself that you don't like....hummmmm :)
Well thats a thought .Also since I have Sun( Pisces) Opposition Moon ( virgo) could be related to it.
I just saw your chart you have a Virgo Moon  but in the 11th house.
Would it be okay if you could PM your details as I cannot understand anything in the chart that you have posted !

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:55 pm

yeah the 11th house when you look at it real carefully its actually Leo, but only a TINY bit and then mostly Virgo...thats why that question about do you take it from the point of intersection etc.
Thats why its great to look at it in all those diff ways that Youdah explained to us.

No prob!!
I will send my birth details to ya!

Edit--> I just thought that I might as well post my details here so that if anyone else wants an example of someone they do not know etc then there is one. :smt008
17th August 1985, Port Elizabeth, South Africa, 10:30am

Return to “Western Astrology Class Lessons and Tutorials”