LESSON 3.2 Moon, Cancer, 4th House, Part 2

This is a forum just for our teacher to post the learning material. Any post from students will be moved.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Youdah
Astrology Reader

LESSON 3.2 Moon, Cancer, 4th House, Part 2

Post by Youdah » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:53 am

I want to move on to the Sun Sign of Cancer, because we have several different things to cover next when we talk about the moon.

I am posting the beginning index card, or page for your notebook.  As before, this is just the start.

Please post your ideas about someone who has the sun sign of Cancer.  What kind of personality characteristics would be seen in someone with this sun sign?  

Remember that the 4th House, Moon, and Cancer all have similar meanings.  So, you can almost guess what kind of characteristics someone born in Cancer would have if you relate it to the 4th House.

As always, if you quote someone else's words about the sun sign Cancer, please give them credit with their name or weblink.

I'll start the lessons on the moon, after there has been participation about Cancer!   :smt003
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:49 am

Please post your ideas about someone who has the sun sign of Cancer.  What kind of personality characteristics would be seen in someone with this sun sign?
Positive personality traits : Sensitive, Caring/nurturing, emotional
Negative side : Melancholy,addictions,mental problems/psychological problems

I have had lot of Cancer friends...what mostly struck out ( again could be limited) were that they were all soft spoken and loved their mothers.

..and ofcourse Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_(astrology)

:)

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:36 pm

soulsearch wrote:
Positive personality traits : Sensitive, Caring/nurturing, emotional
Negative side : Melancholy,addictions,mental problems/psychological problems

I have had lot of Cancer friends...what mostly struck out ( again could be limited) were that they were all soft spoken and loved their mothers.

..and ofcourse Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_(astrology)

:)
Yes.  It is interesting that the Water signs (water triplicities) can have issues with mental problems or addictions.  Of course, this isn't always the case, as the rest of the natal chart would indicate.  I believe it has to do with the heavy "emotional" influence of these sun signs.

As for "loving their mothers," this is almost definitive for a Cancer.  It can cause a Cancer to remain "attached" to their mother long past the time when others of the same age have moved-out, grown apart, begun their own life.

Melancholy.  Moody is another trait common to Cancer.  These folks can be happy and positive one moment, then something will affect their emotions and they'll withdrawn into themselves the next moment.  Cancer individuals invented "the silent treatment."

Naomiel

Post by Naomiel » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:30 am

Sounds like my hubby!...  :)
Can fickel be a Cancerian trait too?........... I'm very familiar with the mood swings of a Cancerian!

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:19 pm

CANCER
Water: intuitive, imaginative, emotional, sensitive, feelings, 'hunches', high lows/highs, romantic, sentimental, affectionate, smothering, possessive, moody, self conscious, introvert, self-pity, melancholy, nurturing, good parents (don't appreciate diff's), non-verbal communication, secretive, addictive, "go with the flow", the path with least resistance.

Yin: passive, feminine, nourishment, dark, moist, calm, stillness, flexibility, weakness, coolness, grounded, receptive, 'negative'.

Angular: beginning, important, powerful, influential, prominent

Cardinal: creativity, initiation, spontaneous, ambitious, ready to go for what they want without hesitation, act immediately to things that come to attention, leader, dynamic, constructive initiative, inclined towards constant activity, restless, forceful, inconsiderate, controling, stubborn, selfish, demanding, "their way or the high way", sometimes they produce thoughtless actions that gain little.

Moon - to be discussed in lesson 3.3

Can one say that cancer is the ultimate water sign?? It holds most of the characteristics??
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:12 pm

Naomiel wrote:Sounds like my hubby!...  :)
Can fickel be a Cancerian trait too?........... I'm very familiar with the mood swings of a Cancerian!
ALL water signs can be moody, and play on people's feelings, cos that's how they see results..... :smt004

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:15 pm

RoseRed wrote:CANCER
Water: intuitive, imaginative, emotional, sensitive, feelings, 'hunches', high lows/highs, romantic, sentimental, affectionate, smothering, possessive, moody, self conscious, introvert, self-pity, melancholy, nurturing, good parents (don't appreciate diff's), non-verbal communication, secretive, addictive, "go with the flow", the path with least resistance.

Yin: passive, feminine, nourishment, dark, moist, calm, stillness, flexibility, weakness, coolness, grounded, receptive, 'negative'.

Angular: beginning, important, powerful, influential, prominent

Cardinal: creativity, initiation, spontaneous, ambitious, ready to go for what they want without hesitation, act immediately to things that come to attention, leader, dynamic, constructive initiative, inclined towards constant activity, restless, forceful, inconsiderate, controling, stubborn, selfish, demanding, "their way or the high way", sometimes they produce thoughtless actions that gain little.

Moon - to be discussed in lesson 3.3

Can one say that cancer is the ultimate water sign?? It holds most of the characteristics??

ALL water signs are secretive, cos there all frightened of getting hurt, thats why they all tend to hold a little bit back, but that does come over as being secretive and whats that person got to hide.

dont think just cos its cancer it makes someone a good parent hon.....

Again, ALL these cancerian traits are applicable for Ascendant sign as well...

astrologer50

Re: LESSON 3.2 Moon, Cancer, 4th House, Part 2

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:15 pm

Youdah wrote:I want to move on to the Sun Sign of Cancer, because we have several different things to cover next when we talk about the moon.

I am posting the beginning index card, or page for your notebook.  As before, this is just the start.

Remember that the 4th House, Moon, and Cancer all have similar meanings.  So, you can almost guess what kind of characteristics someone born in Cancer would have if you relate it to the 4th House.

As always, if you quote someone else's words about the sun sign Cancer, please give them credit with their name or weblink.

I'll start the lessons on the moon, after there has been participation about Cancer!   :smt003
Also when talking abou charateristics of Sun sign cancer, THESE also apply to Ascendant sign qualities..... :smt003

Return to “Western Astrology Class Lessons and Tutorials”