LESSON 3.3 Moon, Cancer, 4th House, Part 3

This is a forum just for our teacher to post the learning material. Any post from students will be moved.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Youdah
Astrology Reader

LESSON 3.3 Moon, Cancer, 4th House, Part 3

Post by Youdah » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:49 pm

As before, I am posting the index card or notebook page for you.  Remember to add to your information as you find it, and from class discussions.

Please post some keywords or ideas about the planet moon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:27 pm

Moon- Mind,Emotional response ,mother, feelings, sensitivity,nurturing

Would optimisim be related to Moon...though it might have a mercury element.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:04 pm

soulsearch wrote:Moon- Mind,Emotional response ,mother, feelings, sensitivity,nurturing

Yes, all that you've said about the moon.

"Optimism" and "optimists" are ruled by Jupiter, though.  This is because anything that tends to expand and grow is related to Jupiter.  Optimists are always looking ahead for more and better, so it belongs to Jupiter.  My "bible" on planetary and house rulerships come from "The Rulership Book," by Rex E. Bills, 1972.

Here's some more things ruled by the moon, just to get everyone thinking in other ways about the moon: :)

love of animals
night birds, owls
childbirth
collectors (and doesn't a Cancer person love to collect things?)
evening time
if a male chart, the moon indicates his wife

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:39 am

Youdah wrote:
soulsearch wrote:Moon- Mind,Emotional response ,mother, feelings, sensitivity,nurturing

"Optimism" and "optimists" are ruled by Jupiter, though.  This is because anything that tends to expand and grow is related to Jupiter.  Optimists are always looking ahead for more and better, so it belongs to Jupiter.  My "bible" on planetary and house rulerships come from "The Rulership Book," by Rex E. Bills, 1972.

Here's some more things ruled by the moon, just to get everyone thinking in other ways about the moon: :)

love of animals
night birds, owls
childbirth
evening time

What is the correlation between love for animals. Love in general the 'emotional' but why animals???

Collect things...that I am not aware :)

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:51 am

soulsearch wrote:
What is the correlation between love for animals. Love in general the 'emotional' but why animals???

"love" being an emotion, and when loving animals, the person tends to nurture them, care for them..."mothering."  :)

Most people with strong Cancer influence will have some kind of a collection.  whether that collection be postcards, stamps, antiques (antique collecting very "Cancer"), or collecting memories...this is definitely a Cancer, moon, and 4th House trait.   :smt003

How about silver?  If gold is ruled by the Sun, then silver is ruled by the moon.

And rain.  Different kinds of weather are ruled by different planets.  If sun rules sunny days, then rainy days are ruled by the moon.

On the musical scale, the note E is ruled by the moon (and I can't tell you why this is so).

In herbal medicine, what kinds of herbs would be ruled by the moon?  

Also in holistic health, what kind of medical conditions do you think would be ruled by the moon?  (water controls the tides, so consider medical conditions with an excess of water....)

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:26 am

Wouldnt know about herbs but since nature is called "mother nature" all herbs would/could fall in the Moon category.Ofcourse that is a generalization.
Also in holistic health, what kind of medical conditions do you think would be ruled by the moon?  (water controls the tides, so consider medical conditions with an excess of water....)
Dont know much about holistic health but Wiki talks about
Holistic health is a philosophy of medical care that views physical and mental aspects of life as closely interconnected and equally important approaches to treatment.

Since Moon ( one aspect) talks about childbirth ( medical condition), and excess of water  ( emotions) , Moon -mental aspects ( depends on the phases) could control ( with love and nurturing) in holistic health.

RoseRed

Moon - I see the moon...the moon sees me!

Post by RoseRed » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:45 pm

I got all this from different websites, own thoughts and also from the nodes section.
Here we go:

Yin - female
personal self - refection of true self represented by the sun
melancholic
phlegmatic humour - not too sure about this one...
digestive system, stomach, breasts, ovaries, menstruation (moon and the tides), pancreas
rules the animal spirits (with mercury)
reflects a side of your nature which wishes to be insulted from reality
unconscious habits, rhythms, memories and moods.
the unconscious
illusive
hidden from self
very strong subjective tendencies and even insecurities
strong emotions
feelings
their ability to react and adapt to those around them
ability to relate to others
ability to be nurturing
woman chart: fem side and nurturing side
male chart: fem within, 'anima', type of partner you will attract
our surroundings \
our background    | out of which we emerged  
the environment  /
past and childhood
formative years and self
attunement from the past - which operates at an instinctive/habitual level in your present life - "learned behaviour"
instinctual or habitual patterns
ingrained patterns that get repeated
security
ways in which we seek safety
protect ourselves and others
person's emotional make-up
relationship issues - push our emotional buttons
point of emotional nourishment and support
the support system - environmental
                             - emotional
The Image of Your Mother.
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

RoseRed

Question

Post by RoseRed » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:52 pm

I noticed that in the 4th house; that the father figure is represented or as I found in one website it can also be the same sex parent that is represented.
Then we discovered from there that it is the caretaker of the household that is represented.

Then in the moon, the Mother image is rather clear and prominent.

Soooo...Since the 4th house and the Moon are both in the same grouping of sorts,
1) which figure is the figure to look at? Or that you are looking at?
2) Is it looking at whoever the nurturer is in the family/group/home environment etc
3) in 4th house looking at both nurturers and in moon only looking at the one nurturer?

or ....????
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

soulsearch

Re: Question

Post by soulsearch » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:03 pm

RoseRed wrote:I noticed that in the 4th house; that the father figure is represented or as I found in one website it can also be the same sex parent that is represented.
Then we discovered from there that it is the caretaker of the household that is represented.

Soooo...Since the 4th house and the Moon are both in the same grouping of sorts,
2) Is it looking at whoever the nurturer is in the family/group/home environment etc
3) in 4th house looking at both nurturers and in moon only looking at the one nurturer?

or ....????
Your Virgo moon has confused my Virgo Moon LOL.

Technically the parent ( either/or/and) should be the figure.  :smt017

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:20 pm

soulsearch wrote:
Youdah wrote:

love of animals
night birds, owls
childbirth
evening time

Quite often Cancerians like OLD things like antinques and at one point in their lives will have a go at geneology.

Health – stomach and breasts. Digestive system, emotional disorders such as depression, hypochondria and hysteria. Are subject to coughs, indigestion, wind, gallstones, general problems with stomach, liver and intestines
Sensitive, sympathetic, emotional, moody. Homemakers, family orientated, so much so that they interfere/meddle
Make good writers, artists, teachers. Ambitious
Very sentimental, hoards things like old birthday, anniversary cards for emotional reasons. Shrewd & cautious. Security important. Born worriers especially over money. Strong memory
Trustworthy, adaptable. Great at starting things, but not finishing
Frugal with money – can make it last longer than most
Profound awareness of past and nostalgic – may like old things/antiques
When upset tend to withdraw & want solitude. Moodiness
Capable of verbal sarcasm and wounding – then hiding in shell or sulking

astrologer50

Re: Question

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:24 pm

RoseRed wrote:I noticed that in the 4th house; that the father figure is represented or as I found in one website it can also be the same sex parent that is represented.

or ....????
Moon = mother, by sign, asepcts and house position
Saturn = Father, by sign, aspects and house position

Conditions of home roots and who nurtured you, look at any planets there, look at IC by sign. 4th = parent that nurtured you 10th = outlink parent. So you evaluate which is applicable. Traditionally 4th=mothere, but nowawdays there is no hard and fast rule....
:smt004

Return to “Western Astrology Class Lessons and Tutorials”