LESSON 5.1 Venus, Taurus, Libra, 2nd and 7th Houses

This is a forum just for our teacher to post the learning material. Any post from students will be moved.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Youdah
Astrology Reader

LESSON 5.1 Venus, Taurus, Libra, 2nd and 7th Houses

Post by Youdah » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:11 am

I want to go ahead and move on to the next lesson.  This lesson is about Venus, Taurus, Libra, and the Second and Seventh Houses.

I am posting the graphics, for your index cards and notebooks.  As always, you should do research on the individual components of this lesson, adding to your keywords and information about them.

Like Lesson 4, this is another time when one planet is the ruler of more than one House and Sun Sign.  If you recall, the lessons on the Sun/Leo/5th House, and the Moon/Cancer/4th House both had similar meanings between the planets, the Sun Sign, and the House.  Yet, now, like Lesson 4, we are moving into more complex relationships between the subjects of the lesson even though they are are all "ruled" by the same planet.  In this case, Venus.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:15 am

And the planet that rules them all...Venus.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:18 am

As you look for information, and think about this lesson, try to answer some of the following questions:

- Why would Venus (and not Neptune) be exalted in Pisces?  (We will be talking about exaltation and detriment more later, but for now, just think of it as "being placed best."

- How are all these things related?  What do they show?  What kind of "psychology" or personality traits are shown with this grouping?

In Lesson 4, we saw that mercury was the ruler of Gemini and Virgo, two Sun Signs that are in square to each other.  In this lesson, Venus is the ruler of two Sun Signs that are in opposition to each other.  Is this significant?  If so, how?  Or why?

While considering the opposition mentioned above, please notice that the 7th House cusp is in opposition to the Ascendent.  Does this have any interest to this lesson about Venus, Taurus, and Libra?

Also, please notice that this is the first time we have begun to learn about a Sun Sign that is above the horizon.

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:52 am

Why would Venus (and not Neptune) be exalted in Pisces?  (We will be talking about exaltation and detriment more later, but for now, just think of it as "being placed best."
Venus is the planet of Love and affection. Pisces is a water ( sensitive/emotional) cadent ( change and adaption). Pisces rules the 12th house in the zodiac so Venus in 12th would indicate 'unconditional love" - Selfless love ( 12th from first too) . This house also indicates Spiritual matters.

Also 12th house rules institutions/hospitals/and hidden affairs or repressed emotions. So the psychological aspect would indicate a person who likes to be a loner, hidden feelings or a person who would do well in matters related to selfless love...like working in the hospitals/institutions/far away from home.
In Lesson 4, we saw that mercury was the ruler of Gemini and Virgo, two Sun Signs that are in square to each other.  In this lesson, Venus is the ruler of two Sun Signs that are in opposition to each other.  Is this significant?  If so, how?  Or why?
Okay would the two houses be opposition or inconjunct???

Taurus being  Earth and Libra being Air. SO the energies are different. Also 2nd house talks about immediate possessions/family/practicality and 7th talks about the sign that is visible to the outside world - friends/partnership/other relationships. So it would be Love for family/self/possessions and love for the outside world.
While considering the opposition mentioned above, please notice that the 7th House cusp is in opposition to the Ascendent.  Does this have any interest to this lesson about Venus, Taurus, and Libra?
It would reflect the need of the individual wrt to the outside world.

Love for family/possessions ( stability) vis a vis love for relationships/partnerships/peace with others. 7th house is the first angular house that is visible to the outside world.

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:53 am

What is the relevance of age wrt to planets???

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:39 am

You catch more of my errors, even after I've proofread my posts!  LOL!

I believe the age is related to distance from the earth.  The closer planets receive the younger ages, then the farther you go into the solar system, the older the age designated to that planet.  Why the cutoff of ages, I couldn't tell you why on that one.  If anyone knows, please post.

Soulsearch, I've thought about this now for a few days.  It just isn't much fun for me to keep posting a bunch of stuff and have little participation from those reading this forum.  Yet, I want to give you the attention you deserve for all the effort and thought that you are putting into learning Western Astrology.  I said I'd tailor the class to the needs of the students.  Right now, that's you.  So this is what I've decided to do.  I'm going to go ahead and post the rest of the "lesson" graphics.  Then, I'd like for you and me just to get down to doing some real interpretations.  I think you are ready for that, and I'll hang around to comment, answer questions, and give you new ways to think about things.  In that way, we can move into a 1 on 1 "teaching" situation so you can learn the things you'd like to learn within Western.  If someone comes along who wants to learn and participate later, I can modify some of the lessons posted, or change the class structure again.   How does that sound to you?

It's just that at this point, I'm unwilling to put in a lot of time and effort to post stuff for beginners who aren't interested enough to participate.  So, I want to put my time and attention into someone who is really trying (that's you).  And, quite frankly, that will be fun for me again, to have someone to really "talk to" about astrology, instead of just putting in effort and no one seemingly gives a flip, except you.  OK?

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:18 am

I really appreciate the effort you are putting in this class. It would be nice if you could just list out the topics without explaining them atleast mentally I would connect ( eg the 3,6,9,12 concept) that emerged from the Gemini/Virgo section.That was a thought that wouldnt have actually come to mind without discussion.

Please design the class as you seem right.....like I said in the PM..I am not complaining :)

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:54 am

soulsearch wrote:I really appreciate the effort you are putting in this class. It would be nice if you could just list out the topics without explaining them atleast mentally I would connect ( eg the 3,6,9,12 concept) that emerged from the Gemini/Virgo section.That was a thought that wouldnt have actually come to mind without discussion.

Please design the class as you seem right.....like I said in the PM..I am not complaining :)
Yes, I think it's easy enough for everyone to find information on what a Sagittarius person is like, for example.  But, these more advanced concepts aren't so easily found.  So, I'm going to get the rest of the syllabus posted, then start posting on interpretation methods.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:43 pm

Youdah wrote:As you look for information, and think about this lesson, try to answer some of the following questions:

- Why would Venus (and not Neptune) be exalted in Pisces?  (We will be talking about exaltation and detriment more later, but for now, just think of it as "being placed best."

- How are all these things related?  What do they show?  What kind of "psychology" or personality traits are shown with this grouping?

Also, please notice that this is the first time we have begun to learn about a Sun Sign that is above the horizon.
WRONG.........Taurus and Libra are quincunx signed =150' apart NOT opposition.... But there is a mutual reception cos they have the same ruler Venus...

Return to “Western Astrology Class Lessons and Tutorials”