LESSON 9.1 Neptune, Pisces, 12th House

This is a forum just for our teacher to post the learning material. Any post from students will be moved.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Youdah
Astrology Reader

LESSON 9.1 Neptune, Pisces, 12th House

Post by Youdah » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:22 pm

These are the graphics for Lesson 9.

Lessons 8,9, and 10 will contain Sun Signs and/or Houses that have already been discussed.  The reason for this is because we've been learning astrology by the planets and what the planets "rule."  Some planets rule more than one Sun Sign and House.  That's why there are repeats, because all things that a planet rules is covered in one lesson.  You should remember that there are similarities and correspondences between all the things given during any one lesson.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Naomiel

Post by Naomiel » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:39 pm

I think the 12th House would explain my interest in Astrology and Kabbalah..... all things hidden :)

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:08 pm

Naomiel wrote:I think the 12th House would explain my interest in Astrology and Kabbalah..... all things hidden :)
Did you ever get your chart posted?  I thought you did, but I couldn't find it on the forum.  Anyway, I was going to look at your 12th House, and for other indicators of this interest for you.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:23 pm

Some thoughts about the 12th House.

In this class, we've talked about the Sun Signs of the Zodiac being arranged in a counter-clockwise fashion.  So, naturally, issues of all other Houses would come before the 12th House issues, right?  Well, not necessarily.  The 12th House represents the things that are hidden, and sometimes those things are hidden even to ourselves.  Does it make any sense that things that are hidden, even to ourselves, are at the end of the cycle?  I was reading one astrologer who believed that things that happened in the womb, pre-birth (the sounds, impressions, etc.) were represented by the 12 House.  If this is true, then the cycle begins all over again with our birth represented by the 1st House.  Yet, is it necessary to have some kind of rebirth to deal with the subconscious?  To me, that doesn't even make sense!  If we have a dream, we are in contact, at some level with the subconscious (12th House).  This doesn't involve a rebirth, unless you count waking-up when the alarm clock rings!

When there are things in the subconscious mind that can only be accessed through dreams, meditation, therapy, etc., (all 12th House issues), then how do we ever resolve them or heal them?  Well, that is in the 8th House, the house of "letting go" and resolving these subconsciously stored energies.  That should be easy to do, since these two Houses, the 12th and the 8th, are in trine with each other.  But, to let go of subconscious memories, we have to travel clockwise through the chart to get to the 8th House, where we can let them go, or at least get them out of the subconscious where they can been seen!

This is to let you know that now that we've covered all the Houses in the chart, in their typical order and direction, now it's time to look backwards, and see relationships between the Signs and Houses going in a clockwise motion.  What can the 11th House learn from the 12th?  What can the 3rd House learn from the 7th?  Are there things that the 6th House needs to know that isn't contained until the 9th House?  Just throwing out random Houses, to get you thinking...in the other direction!  :)

The Signs of the Zodiac when taken from Pisces to Aries can reveal as many things as when taken from Aries to Pisces.

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:24 am

OMG ! You have given loads of study material..atleast that will keep me busy !

Since the topic of dreams have been started. I wanted to ask..I have always been a dreamer.As a child mostly my dreams used to centre around my Dad taking me away from my mom (though in reality he was the loving kinds ). My dad dreams a lot especially of War ( as he was part of the war ) long before I was born. I started having the same dreams of wars and generally being on the border.
Also as a child I have had instances when my mom used to wake me up to go to school and I used to actually get up and get dressed and do the entire activity of cleaning up and packing the bag when I would realise that I was actually sleeping.

For the last few years I have hardly had any major dreams.Offlate I have started getting the same dreams but not the scary ones just dreams that stop at one word or sentence.Dreams that tell me by a new found imaginary parent to  revive an old thread. The other day I had a scary dream about my daughter and within few seconds she knocked at my door to tell me that she had a scary dream and wanted to be with me.My daughter dreams a lot too. Also the same experiences of getting up and getting ready when one is sleeping.

Well this should have been posted on the Dreams thread. But since I do love astrology I was wondering if Neptune  has some connection.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:16 am

I love these kinds of questions!  It gives us a good chance to start some interpretations.  We're going to start with your natal chart posted in another thread.  

Hold the idea of dreams in your mind, and remember that you are looking for information about dreams in your natal chart.  I mean we aren't looking for personality traits, or what your mother was like, etc., we are looking for information about a specific topic.  Look at your natal chart with that only in mind.  Instead of just a natal chart, it is now a chart about your dreams, OK?  So much can be learned from the natal chart, just by changing your own focus on it.  We've been talking about the 12th House ruling dreams.  But, look at the entire chart as a roadmap to your dreams and information about your dreams.  After all the below has been done, we'll expand the rulerships to find out even more!  (But one step at a time).

First, we have to collect the factors that will give us the beginning information in the chart about dreams.

First, we look at the House that rules dreams.  That's the 12th House.  The 12th House cusp is Leo with intercepted Virgo.
Now, look for the rulerships of the 12th House:  Pisces and Neptune.  
Neptune:  There's Sagittarius Neptune in 4th House.  There's an intercepted Capricorn and the Moon's Nodes.  
Pisces: in 7th House with intercepted Aries, and Sun in this House.

So, these are all the beginning factors that you are going to interpret to answer your questions about your dreams.

This is when the index cards are helpful.  You can pull out from the stack the 12th House, Leo, Virgo, Pisces, Neptune, Sagittarius, 4th House, Capricorn, Moon's Nodes, 7th House, Aries, and Sun to do this interpretation.

What do these things tell you?  What are the relationships between these factors?  You don't have to try to blend everything at once, but individually, together, this one with that one, or this little group together, etc.  Are there any aspects between planets or energy points?  What are the elements and qualities?  Interpret these things with regard to dreams.

When you get that done, we'll look at the transits to all the above things.  We haven't done transits yet in class, but they are no different from the aspects except that the natal planets remains stationary, and the current locations of the planets are used to find the angles (aspects).  So, there are two sets of planets in the chart...the natal set, and the transiting set.  All angles between all relevant factors mentioned above will give you more information about your dreams...but the transiting planets will give you more information about current dreams (instead of just the kind of dreams you'll have from your natal chart).

To find the transits with What Watch, click the tab for "One" then load your natal chart. Click the tab for "Two" then the little round circle that says "Now."  Then, over on the other side of the screen, click on the little bar that says "Synastry On."  This will now give you all the transiting planets on the same chart as your natal chart.  You will have your factors from above for interpretations about your dreams, so you can find the transits concerning those factors PLUS using the same factors from the transiting planets/signs/houses.  (You've just doubled your information available).

Please post your thoughts, interpretations, questions, etc., so we can go over it.  :)  Then, if you want more information about your dreams, we'll go another layer deeper with the rulerships.  :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:06 am

Thats lots of blending to do...give me some time ! :)

Naomiel

Post by Naomiel » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:32 am

Youdah,
I finally figured out how to copy my chart.... where should I post it for people to look at? In which thread?

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:41 am

Do you want to start a new thread just for the charts?  We haven't done that before, but I find myself looking all over the class posts to find someone's chart so I can make a comment, or give an example.  They'd be easier for everyone to find and refer to as we talk more about everyone's chart.  ??

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:40 am

Okay the 12th house talks about Subconcious and dreams are part of them.

12th house has Leo and Pisces natural owner of 12th has Sun, so the dreams were related to Dad.Also Neptune rules Dreams in the fourth house ( parents) it could be connected to family. Hence as a child our mind is very impressionable and therefore the dreams.But actually having the same dreams as dad could be related to past life as we have the moon nodes intercepted.

Generally do Pisces dream a lot . Since Virgo is also intercepted in the 12th house , it could be the reason that I am sitting and analysing these dreams :)

Return to “Western Astrology Class Lessons and Tutorials”