Off topic, personal attacks

Please move all spam and posts made in the wrong forum here.

Moderator: eye_of_tiger

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:06 pm

This is a bunch of gibberish

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:28 pm

And lighting strikes twice, just because you don't believe in something, doesn't make it gibberish.  Opposing your views on others like you're the all knowing is not right in any sense.  There are things out there that not all of us understand or believe, that doesn't make them any less true. (bandit quote)

Your personal characterization of me - as being all knowing because I disagree with the consensus here, I found a bit personal in nature! If indeed, there are things out there that go beyond our own personal framing of the world, and if you are a true seeker because you don't know it all yourself, tell me, where was your question, as to why I disagree? Maybe I know something you don't? Maybe I have already been down this road many - many times before. It is true though -you can not teach those who think they already know. It has been said, by those far more advanced than yourself, that you must become as little children. Let's take off our plastic crowns here and hear of other views, or other possibilities - that may take you way beyond what is being spoken of.  :smt005

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:36 pm

One who has gone down a road before would logically have 2 choices...Become a teacher, or keep your silence and let others try the path themselves.  A teacher wouldn't just say "This is a bunch of gibberish", they would explain and help one understand why it is so, or why they believe it to be so.  Telling someone that 10 times 10 equals 100 doesn't teach them how to read that same verdict themselves.  I was not making a personal attack, you are allowed to think all that you wish.  I would prefer, that if you think we are wrong, instead of just saying so in that manner, why not tell us why you believe it to be so.  Maybe we can all learn something that way.  I didn't ask why you thought that, because you stated a view, as I have seen you do before, and not explain yourself.  Stating in a way that you knew what you were talking about and that we did not.  In your view that may be true, but I have yet to see the evidence as to why "This is a bunch of gibberish".   So, please do explain.  I would like to know your thoughts on the matter :)  And in the future I will try to be less assuming and if I see a post such as that that doesn't explain by anyone, I will ask them to explain.

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:47 pm

Thank you Bandit  :) Did you catch all that professor  :smt003

Return to “Spam / Inappropriate Posts”