Trouble

Please move all spam and posts made in the wrong forum here.

Moderator: eye_of_tiger

looking_glass

Trouble

Post by looking_glass » Sat May 17, 2008 6:46 am

Some people say I am a trouble maker. Some say I invite chaos. Some say I purposefully try to create confusion. Some would even profess I am dark and evil. Some call me a hypocrite. Some are strangers, while others claim to have been my friend. Some are family, and some just speak when they think I cannot hear.

To all of you, I say; it is okay. I am who I am. You do not have to like me. You do not have to love me. You do not have to do anything except be you, as I shall always be me. I am made as I am meant to be, imperfections and all.

clover73

Re: Trouble

Post by clover73 » Sat May 17, 2008 6:53 am

looking_glass wrote:Some people say I am a trouble maker. Some say I invite chaos. Some say I purposefully try to create confusion. Some would even profess I am dark and evil. Some call me a hypocrite. Some are strangers, while others claim to have been my friend. Some are family, and some just speak when they think I cannot hear.

To all of you, I say; it is okay. I am who I am. You do not have to like me. You do not have to love me. You do not have to do anything except be you, as I shall always be me. I am made as I am meant to be, imperfections and all.
We are ALL trouble makers, hypocrites, dark and evil at some point in our lives.  You are no different.  Speaking your mind does not make you a bad person.  You should be who you are and your real friends will not only understand that but they will have respect and appreciate you for it.  

Your new friend
K

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Sat May 17, 2008 6:56 am

...and to someone who I know will understand this, I understand this is an ego driven thread. ;) lol

Nicole

~*~looking_glass~*~

Post by Nicole » Sat May 17, 2008 10:54 am

looking_glass wrote:...and to someone who I know will understand this, I understand this is an ego driven thread. ;) lol
Even if it was...
You had a great statement~!!

I don't wear hats anymore,
so I will un-clip my hair clip to you...LoL :smt052

Rhutobello

Re: Trouble

Post by Rhutobello » Sat May 17, 2008 11:29 am

looking_glass wrote:Some people say I am a trouble maker. Some say I invite chaos. Some say I purposefully try to create confusion. Some would even profess I am dark and evil. Some call me a hypocrite. Some are strangers, while others claim to have been my friend. Some are family, and some just speak when they think I cannot hear.

And you yourself point out again and again:

"You shall not assume...you shall know."

Maybe you shall start to live by those words....because it seems to me that you assume a lot, now and then :)

Samson

Post by Samson » Sat May 17, 2008 12:34 pm

I don't see why we need to close our ears whenever someone FARTS, if one has a point to make then one should be allowed to make it but with saying that you'll have the wrath of the Moderators pointing down on you.

There isn't any right or wrong way to write a post people generally write what they feel but to the Administrators and Moderators of this site what you write could come across as offensive so with that they come along and do there job, you might not see your post as offensive but to the Moderators it does, so to conclude this I believe it would be best to write as little as possible just to be on the safe side even if someone else does get away with it.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat May 17, 2008 3:56 pm

Don't we all rutho?  

When words are spoken, there is also body language to go by.  When words are written, they have to be taken as presented.  If we interpret we are in fear of misinterpreting and causing some confusion and pain to the poster.  If we take at face value and find it offensive, we have to clarify the intent.

In my experience there is nothing harder than trying to get yourself understood through the written word....particularly when we may never have seen each other in person....or have experience of their intents and purposes.

I notice some really good communicators will ask for clarity before going ahead with their own thoughts.  Perhaps we could take a page from that book?

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat May 17, 2008 4:06 pm

This is where smileys can help  :smt003

They can add emphasis on how we are feeling  :)

Lets take this simple sentence......

"Oh, that's just great."

What does it infer? What was the feeling behind it?

but

"oh, that's just great!"  :smt019  obviously means unhappy and sarcasm

"Oh, that's just great."  :smt008  means thanks, brilliant, wahoo

"Oh, that's just great."  :smt011  infers sadness and unhappiness

"Oh, that's just great."  :smt017  means confusion?

Smileys were invented to help prevent misinterpretation  :smt006

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat May 17, 2008 4:48 pm

Oh dear, even as I take the offensive, off topic, innapropriate or needless posts off, more appear.

Thread locked once again due to disruption until ban on stan/lightning strikes twice can be imposed.

Return to “Spam / Inappropriate Posts”