Picture reading request

A place where you can post a picture of yourself, and see what people can find out from it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Chelsie-Thornton

Picture reading request

Post by Chelsie-Thornton » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:46 am

Hi, I really don't know where to start, I'm new to the sight and all things spiritual however I find it very interesting, I have recently started meditation but I jus cant shut my mind of anyway that's a different story :)... So I need to explain a few things; when I was 17 I was randomly attacked by someone with a knife, this lead to me being in intensive care, a couple of months passed and I was we'll into recovery when I found out I was pregnant. I'm explaining this because this is when I feel I changed! Everything about me like my thoughts, mood, nerves I mean like my personality, I feel I'm not the positive person I once was I get really edgy in everyday normal situations I just want it to stop! I'm starting to feel like I may have a mental disorder such as bi polar because I just want to be left alone sometimes and then other times I expect everyone to just know that I'm not ok, I have no idea if this even makes since. My little boy is my saviour I believe he was my gift and he helped to block out all the negative feelings I had about my attack, when I got pregnant so soon after my attack I was a way of escaping it and focusing fully on becoming a mother. I feel like I want someone to talk to that understands, not a doctor or a therapy. I have attached a recent picture of me and my son hoping someone could possibly tell me anything I could do to move forward. Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lots of love
Chels

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:39 am

Dear Chelsie,  Image

WOW! Twin souls together in the same photograph.

I am not a doctor but if I was my diagnosis would probably be that you suffered and could well be continuing to suffer after only 6 years since this terrible event happened to you, from the effects of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a set of mental health reactions that can develop in people who have experienced or witnessed an event that threatens their life or safety, or that of others around them. This can be a car or other serious accident, physical or sexual assault, war-related events or torture, or natural disasters such as bushfires or floods. Effective treatments are available for PTSD.
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv ... s_disorder

Rapid and unexplained mood swings and personality changes seen in people who have bipolar depression, are also confusingly symptoms of PTSD.

It is not just that it was 6 years ago, but as well it is that you were 17 years of age at the time. On the cusp of verge of becoming a legal adult in many countries. It is like you have been in a war zone, and that you are carrying around with you hidden scars from the battle for your survival on many levels (not only physical).

But in spite of having been attacked wear your battle scars with pride, as what happened could have so easily destroyed a lesser and weaker person than yourself, but you not only survived but are also even stronger than before it happened.

The best way for you to move forwards with your life is to get rid of with professional help if it is felt to be necessary the unhealthy and completely wrong beliefs which you are presently holding onto unconsciously, as I will now describe.

1. That you somehow deserved or set yourself up for being attacked and violated.

WRONG!!!!!!

2. That this has somehow damaged, handicapped or disadvantaged your son, and that it is all your fault.

WRONG AGAIN!!!!

3. That you are mentally ill and as a result no longer able to be the best mother whom you are capable of being to him.

PTSD is an emotional illness, and getting proper treatment for it from a qualified doctor will only be likely to make you an even better mother when compared to if this had never happened. Although with sensitivity and respect it is not the recommended method for becoming a better mother to your children.

On the other hand the following belief is the one which will ultimately save or free you from your emotional prison, and having such a beautiful and spiritual son as you have definitely gives you a huge added advantage in getting through this relatively unscathed.
My little boy is my saviour I believe he was my gift and he helped to block out all the negative feelings I had about my attack, when I got pregnant so soon after my attack I was a way of escaping it and focusing fully on becoming a mother.
Remember that when nature heals a wound, the scar tissue is actually stronger than the original. Which is precisely why I believe that although you should get your condition properly diagnosed and treated by a doctor or counselor, that you must not try to completely forget it ever happened and then expect to carry on as though it did not. Wear it with pride as a symbol of your immense inner strength and high quality of character and your boundless courage in the face of great adversity.

Blessings to the both of you, for each of you is a blessing and gift of great love and joy to the other.

eye_of_tiger (male)  :smt006

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:07 pm

I will explain again that a picture needs to be of one or the other.  Energies in photographs can cause some distortion.  It is a beautiful picture and I can see how a birth makes you so much better.
God bless, J

Rook

Post by Rook » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi Chelsie

This is my first official post doing a reading outside of the dream interpretation, but I will share what I picked up from this picture.  I did a reading first, then actually read the post.

The first thing that I picked up was a feeling of sadness behind your smile.  This was accompanied by feeling stressed or nervous in your abdominal area?  As if this was where you held some sort of nervousness.  And then there was a very strong bond with your son, which I believe both strengthens you, but at the same time you feel you have to be strong for him, and perhaps makes you bury your own needs/feelings (something I can sympathise with being a parent myself).

Then I actually read your comment, and you explain all of that so I feel sort of fizzled because all that information was already available.

But I thought I might offer some advice, though I haven't gone through what the two great posters before me have said, so not sure if this too has already been said.

I think it is natural for people to fluctuate between needs, the need to be alone, and the need to talk.  When you feel the need to talk perhaps you could call on a friend or family member to discuss how you are feeling, or seek professional help.  Especially when you are fluctuating between these two particular needs, when you want to be alone seek solitude, when you are not okay seek help.  I say this from experience, people don't always know when you need to talk and it can be hard to know when to ask if you are okay.  Sometimes it is up to us to help ourselves.

Additionally, I too have started meditating recently and noticed that you said you can't shut your mind off.  I don't think anyone can.  The trick is not to shut the mind off, but to transcend it, if you take my meaning.  Let your mind wander but do not pay it attention.  Trying to shut it off is like trying to shut the TV off by throwing socks at it.  It's a great experience actually when you get it - to realise you are more than your mind, and it is but a powerful tool that makes up a small part of our being.

I hope that helps somehow, and I wish you luck and growth with your meditation.

Cheers,
Rook

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:48 pm

I think a full explanation of meditation and what it is and what it is not would be in order.  No one 'stops' their mind chatter for more than a nanosecond, so that can not be the goal.  The fact is that the definition of meditation means....to think upon!  You are training your mind to concentrate on a scene or thought above or over all others.  Bringing your mind back to this single thought will help you hold the meditation.  And using a scene of peace is where the mind will calm and find peace.
God bless, J

Chelsie-Thornton

Thank you 😊

Post by Chelsie-Thornton » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi everyone, thank you all so much for taking the time out to reply.

I have to say thanks to eye of the tiger, you gave me guidance, your comment helped me to research PTSD, (I was unaware of this condition) I know it took me a long time but last week I finally found the courage to seek help from my GP ( this was a huge step for me ) he clarified what you said, I am now on a journey to overcome PTSD and have been referred to a phycologist , I am looking forward to my sessions (should start within the next month or so) I just can't wait to let all my emotions and feelings out without judgement or fear! I can't hold onto the past anymore if I want to get better.. I send you my blessings and complete thankfulness , your words where wise and helped me a lot. Your must be a great person!

Rook- you where completely correct In all your reading, again thank you! In the time between my last post and this, I have to say meditation is certainly made me much more calm and positive, I have learned to just be still and accept my life, I enjoy the feeling I get once finished, I just feel pure love and positive energy to the point I just sit there smiling! The great thing is I'm smiling because I'm happy, and not because I have to! Meditation is something i will do for the rest of my life now, It helps me so much when I'm feeling down.  

You both helped me massively, sorry I took so long to reply, iv been trying to find myself for such a long time, it's been on my mind to come back on here and let you guys know where I'm at ect, this site is brilliant, I will save it to my favourites so I can keep checking in!

Love to you all

Chelsie
X
Lots of love
Chels

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:18 am

Hi Chelsie

Glad to hear you are doing well, and you have the ability to shrug off the world when it tries to drag you down.!  Thanks for checking in.  :)

Rook

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:10 pm

I have to say thanks to eye of the tiger, you gave me guidance, your comment helped me to research PTSD, (I was unaware of this condition) I know it took me a long time but last week I finally found the courage to seek help from my GP ( this was a huge step for me ) he clarified what you said, I am now on a journey to overcome PTSD and have been referred to a phycologist , I am looking forward to my sessions (should start within the next month or so) I just can't wait to let all my emotions and feelings out without judgement or fear! I can't hold onto the past anymore if I want to get better.. I send you my blessings and complete thankfulness , your words where wise and helped me a lot. Your must be a great person!
Chelsie,

I have just seen your response, and was deeply moved by it. I really enjoy being able to help someone of such great inner strength and exceptionally sound character such as yourself.

So I am thanking you in return for giving me this wonderful opportunity to get to know you better as a person, and not only as a user name.

PTSD is an often overlooked condition. Clearly it not only happens to soldiers returning from a combat zone. I am so pleased that you sought professional help with it before it was too late.

I am just as excited about how this will heal your body, mind and spirit, as you are about your upcoming sessions.

Please keep me updated about any progress which you have made in this thread, and/or send me a private message.

The same if you encounter any further problems which you feel that I can help you with, either through a reading or answering any questions of a psychic or spiritual nature.

L&L,

EoT  :smt020

Return to “Picture Reading Forum”