Todays Quotes on Earthquakes (08-06-2008)

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

Todays Quotes on Earthquakes (08-06-2008)

Post by prasanna » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:16 pm

EARTHQUAKE QUOTES

“Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes”

Voltaire quotes (French Philosopher and Writer. One of the greatest of all French authors, 1694-1778)

“There are two big forces at work, external and internal. We have very little control over external forces such as tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, disasters, illness and pain. What really matters is the internal force. How do I respond to those disasters? Over that I have complete control.”

Leo F. Buscaglia  (American guru, tireless advocate of the power of love, 1924-1998)

“Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: / And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.”

Bible quotes

“I was married once -- in San Francisco. I haven't seen her for many years. The great earthquake and fire in 1906 destroyed the marriage certificate. There's no legal proof. Which proves that earthquakes aren't all bad.”

W. C. Fields (American Comic and Actor, 1880-1946)

“Huge events take place on this earth every day: earthquakes, hurricanes, even glaciers move. So why couldn't he look at me?”

“For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.”

Bible quotes

“For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.”

Bible quotes

“Love is like an earthquake-unpredictable, a little scary, but when the hard part is over you realize how lucky you truly are.”

“If they'd lower the taxes and get rid of the smog and clean up the traffic mess, I really believe I'd settle here until the next earthquake”

Groucho Marx  (American Comedian, Actor and Singer, 1890-1977)

“An earthquake achieves what the law promises but does not in practice maintain - the equality of all men”

Ignazio Silon

“We learn geology the morning after the earthquake”

Ralph Waldo Emerson (American Poet, Lecturer and Essayist, 1803-1882)

“I couldn't help but be impressed by the magnitude of the earthquake.”

Dan Quayle quotes (American 44th US Vice President under George Bush (1989-93). b.1947)

“It is not light that we need, but fire; it is not the gentle shower, but thunder. We need the storm, the whirlwind, and the earthquake.”

Frederick Douglass  (American Abolitionist, Lecturer, Author and Slave, 1817-1895)

“It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily. "So it is." "And freezing." "Is it?" "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately.”

A. A. Milne(English Humorist, creator of Winnie-the-Pooh, 1882-1956)

“I by no means rank poetry high in the scale of intelligence -this may look like affectation but it is my real opinion. It is the lava of the imagination whose eruption prevents an earthquake.”

Lord Byron  (English Romantic poet and satirist, 1788-1824)

“All things have second birth;

The earthquake is not satisfied at once.”

William Wordsworth(Major English Romantic Poet. 1770-1850)

“Nature chose for a tool, not the earthquake or lightning to rend and split asunder, not the stormy torrent or eroding rain, but the tender snow-flowers noiselessly falling through unnumbered centuries.”

John Muir quotes

TODAY I POSTED THIS SPECIAL QUOTES ON EARTH QUAKES AFTER I CAME TO KNOW THAT MANY PARTS OF THE WORLD ARE WORST AFFECTED BY THIS .

I REQUEST  U ALL  TO READ THE PREDICTIONS GIVEN BY OUR FRIEND SRI GIOVARDHANJI ABOUT JUNE 8TH EARTHQUAKES .HIS PREDICTIONS CAME TRUE NOW. LET US ALL SALUTE HIS KNOWLEDGE ON ASTROLOGY ..IN FUTURE   WE CAN EXPECT MORE FROM HIM.  i WISH EVERYBODY SHOULD PRAY GOD TO , GET HIS MERCY , SO THAT THERE MAY NOT BE MORE SUCH NATURAL CALAMITIES , IN FUTURE.

WITH WARM REGARDS

prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT.

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”