Misc. Quotes

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Hurricane Shannon

Misc. Quotes

Post by Hurricane Shannon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:07 am

[/i]~Allow yourself to get lost in the forest of your imagination.

[/i]Wonder at the wonder of it all.

No matter who you are and how confused you are about life, there is one prayer that will provide the key to your tranquility and that is simply to say "Thank You."  

Fill the cup of happiness for others, and there will be enough to fill yours to the brim.  Rose Pastor Stokes

Religion is man's attempt to reach God, while Jesus is God's attempt to reach man.  Tim LaHaye, Jerry B Jenkins (From: The Indwelling)

Better to let them wonder why you didn't talk than why you did.  

In every man's heart there is a secret nerve that answers to the vibrations of beauty.  Christopher Morley

Educate people without religion and you make them but clever devils.  Arthur Wellesley, the Duke of Wellington

Don't be dismayed at goodbyes.  A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.  And only again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.  Richard Bach

For I have learned to look on nature,
Not as in the hour of thoughtless youth,
But hearing oftentimes...
The still, sad music of humanity.  William Wordsworth

The longer I live the more my mind dwells upon the beauty and wonder of the world...  I have loved the feel of the grass under my feet, and the sound of the running streams by my side.  The hum of the wind in the treetops has always been good music to me, and the face of the fields has often comforted me more than the faces of men.  I am in love with this world... I have tilled its soil, I have gathered its harvests, I have waited upon its seasons, and always have I reaped what I have sown.  I have climbed mountains, roamed its forests, sailed its waters, crossed its deserts, felt the sting of its frosts, the oppresion of its heats, the drench of its rains, the fury of its winds, and always have beauty and joy waited upon my comings and goings.  John Burroughs

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”