War of the Innocents

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

looking_glass

War of the Innocents

Post by looking_glass » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:58 pm

While the world stops to play and enjoy its self adulation, there are those left forgotten. War rages on, people continue to starve and those in needless suffering are left without a voice. They are the innocents. They are everyday people trying to survive and live a decent life. Yet, in blatant disregard of all things that are decent, they are thrown by the wayside and left to fend for themselves. Through it all we throw up excuse upon excuse that we may sooth our discontent for all things we know to be wrong. We take pride in our nations and in our culture. We take pride in the advancements of technology and the new ways in which we choose to distract ourselves. And while we turn to pat ourselves on the back for our so-called achievements, we also turn our backs on others.

"They are off in far away lands," some proclaim. "As long as I am not suffering, what does it matter to me?" We've all heard these things before, and yet we all somehow know how ridiculous it all sounds. One day, all that we have turned our back on shall be at our doorstep. On that day, we will ask, "Where have my brothers gone?" Maybe then we will remember the war of the innocents.

mietooo

How true!

Post by mietooo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:40 am

My Son is in Boot Camp as I type this, and the war rages as I also type, so please don't forget those who volunteer to keep our country free and protect our freedoms.

whiteoracle

Post by whiteoracle » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:43 am

the war of ego and material touch, it is a shame that it reaches the innocent

Starchipper

Re: War of the Innocents

Post by Starchipper » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:45 pm

looking_glass wrote:While the world stops to play and enjoy its self adulation, there are those left forgotten. War rages on, people continue to starve and those in needless suffering are left without a voice. They are the innocents. They are everyday people trying to survive and live a decent life. Yet, in blatant disregard of all things that are decent, they are thrown by the wayside and left to fend for themselves. Through it all we throw up excuse upon excuse that we may sooth our discontent for all things we know to be wrong. We take pride in our nations and in our culture. We take pride in the advancements of technology and the new ways in which we choose to distract ourselves. And while we turn to pat ourselves on the back for our so-called achievements, we also turn our backs on others.

"They are off in far away lands," some proclaim. "As long as I am not suffering, what does it matter to me?" We've all heard these things before, and yet we all somehow know how ridiculous it all sounds. One day, all that we have turned our back on shall be at our doorstep. On that day, we will ask, "Where have my brothers gone?" Maybe then we will remember the war of the innocents.
    I want to commend you for a beautiful written speech!  It truly warms my heart and lets me know that all my suffering will not go unnoticed as I truly give to others and help them even when I am in a time of need!  Thank you,
Starchipper*

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”