HOW GOAL SETTING ACTUALLY WORKS

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

HOW GOAL SETTING ACTUALLY WORKS

Post by Pravin Kumar » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:43 pm

How Goal-Setting Actually Works by Darren Hardy

Let  me reveal the mystery ‘secret’ of goal-setting. You only see, experience and  get what you look for. If you don’t know what to look for, you certainly won’t  get it.

By  our very nature, we are goal-seeking creatures. Your brain tries to align your  outer world with what you are seeing and expecting in your inner world. When  you instruct your brain to look for the things you want, you will begin to see  them. In fact, the object of your desire has probably always existed all around  you, but your mind and eyes weren’t open to it.

This  is actually how the Law of Attraction really works. It is not some mysterious,  esoteric voodoo, as it sometimes is described. It’s far simpler and more  practical than that.

We  are surrounded by billions of visual, audio and physical messages each day. To  keep ourselves from going insane, we ignore 99.9 percent of them. You only  really see, hear or experience those you focus your mind on.

Make  sense? It’s not mysterious at all; it’s actually quite logical. Whatever your  mind is thinking on the inside is what it will pay attention to on the outside.  All of a sudden, you ‘see’ it.

Did  you ever start car shopping and then you started to see the model and make of  that car everywhere? Seems like there are tons of them on the street all of a  sudden. More likely, they have been there all along, but you weren’t paying  attention to them. Thus, they didn’t really ‘exist’ to you before.

When  you define your goals, you give your brain something to focus on and look for.  You give your mind a new set of eyes to see all the people, circumstances,  conversations, resources and ideas. They help you go about matching up the  outside with what you want on the inside—in other words, your goal. It is that  simple, but the difference in how you see, experience and ‘draw’ ideas, people  and experiences into your life after you have clearly defined your goals is  profound.

In  the Living Your Best Year Ever program, I guide you through all the potential pitfalls to ensure you have the  precise formula for achieving the boldest goals and wildest ambitions you can  dream up! So take a moment right now to look in the mirror and say goodbye to  your old self. Life will never be the same starting today.

I  will warn you now, though. If you are going to take this journey with me, you  will need to be serious. Be serious about significantly changing the trajectory  of your life. Be serious about wanting to access your great, but maybe mostly  dormant, potential and set it free. Be serious about challenging old thought  and behavior patterns and declaring new choices. Now is the time to establish  new behaviors, build new skills and take bold, new actions to realize your  great goals today!

Are  you up for the challenge? If you are serious and ready to commit to this  process, I promise you it will be one of the most important decisions you will  ever make for your life’s success. I can personally testify to this.

purusharth

Enlightening

Post by purusharth » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:41 am

I completely agree with this write up. I've also heard that if you want something with all your heart, the whole universe conspires to make it yours. This was said by Paulo Coelho in his novel and repeated in a popular Bollywood film. Having said that, there is no substitute for hard work. We must deserve before we desire. Once again, this post is priceless in terms of the avenues it promises to open for the reader. Thank you for writing it Pankaj-Pravin ji.

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”