TODAYS QUOTES ON HUMANITY

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

TODAYS QUOTES ON HUMANITY

Post by prasanna » Sun May 04, 2008 7:11 am

Humanity quotes

“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.”

Albert Einstein(German born American Physicist who developed the special and general theories of relativity. Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921. 1879-1955)

“Remember your humanity and forget the rest”

Albert Einstein (German born American Physicist who developed the special and general theories of relativity. Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921. 1879-1955)

“Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.”

Buddha  (Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.)

“The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles”

Mahatma Gandhi (Indian Philosopher, internationally esteemed for his doctrine of nonviolent protest, 1869-1948)

“If I were asked to give what I consider the single most useful bit of advice for all humanity it would be this: Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and when it comes, hold you head high, look it squarely in eye and say, 'I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me.'”

Ann Landers  (American Advice columnist, 1918-2002)

“It is because Humanity has never known where it was going that it has been able to find its way.”

Oscar Wilde  (Irish Poet, Novelist, Dramatist and Critic, 1854-1900)

“Books are humanity in print.”

Barbara W. Tuchman  (American popular historian and author, 1912-1989)

“We are all cells in the same body of humanity.”

Peace Pilgrim (American Teacher and Spiritual leader and Peace Prophet, 1908-1981)

“All great things must first wear terrifying and monstrous masks in order to inscribe themselves on the hearts of humanity.”

Friedrich Nietzsche  (German classical Scholar, Philosopher and Critic of culture, 1844-1900.)

“Love is the only freedom in the world because it so elevates the spirit that the laws of humanity and the phenomena of nature do not alter its course”

Kahlil Gibran quotes (Lebanese born American philosophical Essayist, Novelist and Poet. 1883-1931)

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”