TODAYS QUOTES ON DEATH

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

TODAYS QUOTES ON DEATH

Post by prasanna » Tue May 13, 2008 12:43 am

[[bQuotations about Death

God pours life into death and death into life without a drop being spilled.  ~Author Unknown

All say, "How hard it is that we have to die" - a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.  ~Mark Twain

I'm not afraid of death.  It's the stake one puts up in order to play the game of life.  ~Jean Giraudoux, Amphitryon, 1929

There is always death and taxes; however, death doesn't get worse every year.  ~Author Unknown

All our knowledge merely helps us to die a more painful death than animals that know nothing.  ~Maurice Maeterlinck

To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he can never know that he is dead.  ~Samuel Butler

Gaily I lived as ease and nature taught,
And spent my little life without a thought,
And am amazed that Death, that tyrant grim,
Should think of me, who never thought of him.

~René Francois Regnier

The fear of death follows from the fear of life.  A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.  ~Mark Twain

We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears.  We must not demean life by standing in awe of death.  ~David Sarnoff

Men fear Death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased with tales, so is the other.  ~Francis Bacon, Essays

If you spend all your time worrying about dying, living isn't going to be much fun.  ~From the television show Roseanne

Some people are so afraid to die that they never begin to live.  ~Henry Van Dyke

He who doesn't fear death dies only once.  ~Giovanni Falcone

People do not die for us immediately, but remain bathed in a sort of aura of life which bears no relation to true immortality but through which they continue to occupy our thoughts in the same way as when they were alive.  It is as though they were traveling abroad.  ~Marcel Proust

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me.
The Carriage held but just ourselves
And Immortality
~Emily Dickinson

A man does not die of love or his liver or even of old age; he dies of being a man.  ~Percival Arland Ussher

The idea is to die young as late as possible.  ~Ashley Montagu

'Tis very certain the desire of life prolongs it.  ~Lord Byron

No one can confidently say that he will still be living tomorrow.  ~Euripides

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Life is better than death, I believe, if only because it is less boring, and because it has fresh peaches in it.  ~Alice Walker

I shall not die of a cold.  I shall die of having lived.  ~Willa Cather

Death is a distant rumor to the young.  ~Andrew A. Rooney

A man's dying is more the survivors' affair than his own.  ~Thomas Mann, The Magic Mountain

Our death is not an end if we can live on in our children and the younger generation.  For they are us, our bodies are only wilted leaves on the tree of life.  ~Albert Einstein

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings.  ~Socrates

The goal of all life is death.  ~Sigmund Freud

For what is it to die,
But to stand in the sun and melt into the wind?

~Kahlil Gibran, from "The Prophet"

Life and death are balanced on the edge of a razor.  ~Homer, Iliad

Death is the surest calculation that can be made.  ~Ludwig B�chner, Force and Matter

A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist.  ~Stewart Alsop

God made death so we'd know when to stop.  ~Steven Stiles
[/b][/b]
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:39 am

Should we fear for death? Or just lead a life without fearing death?
symulhaqu07eee

MsNeptune

Post by MsNeptune » Wed May 29, 2013 4:27 pm

Death is a return to origin, a return to birth.

MisterMarine0

Death

Post by MisterMarine0 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:03 am

Death, a mystery it is. The big void at the end of the living.  It is not certain that death meets you at the end of life.  Death hangs out with you because death is inside.  It is a part of nature.  Disposal of living things is its job.  I always have a choice to wear black but I would rather not because I know the darkness of death is inside my clothing anyways.  It is not a always a good thing to celebrate with death, but to be a unified person with it.  It is just nature to me.  

HOW ABOUT YOU!!!!!!!!

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”