TODAYS QUOTES ON CHILDREN

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

TODAYS QUOTES ON CHILDREN

Post by prasanna » Thu May 15, 2008 2:11 am

Children Quotes

African proverb:

It takes a village to raise a child.

Ambrose Bierce:

Childhood: The period of human life intermediate between the idiocy of infancy and the folly of youth -- two removes from the sin of manhood and three from the remorse of age.

Anne Frank:

Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands.

Annie Sullivan:

Children require guidance and sympathy far more than instruction.

Bill Cosby:

Human beings are the only creatures that allow their children to come back home.

Bill Vaughn:

A three-year-old child is a being who gets almost as much fun out of a fifty-six dollar set of swings as it does out of finding a small green worm.

Chinese proverb:

One generation plants the trees; another gets the shade.

Clarence Darrow:

The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents, and the second half by our children.

Colette:

It is not a bad thing that children should occasionally, and politely, put parents in their place.

Dorothy Parker:

The best way to keep children home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant -- and let the air out of the tires.

Elizabeth Stone:

Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.

Erma Bombeck:

There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child.

I Lost Everything in the Post-Natal Depression

Florida Scott-Maxwell:

No matter how old a mother is, she watches her middle-aged children for signs of improvement.

Franklin P. Jones:

You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.

George Bernard Shaw:

If you must hold yourself up to your children as an object lesson, hold yourself up as a warning and not as an example.

George W. Bush:

I've been to war. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war.

Golda Meir:

At work, you think of the children you have left at home. At home, you think of the work you've left unfinished. Such a struggle is unleashed within yourself. Your heart is rent.

Groucho Marx:

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Harry S Truman:

I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it.

Herbert Hoover:

Children are our most valuable natural resource.

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis:

If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much.

James Baldwin:

Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.

Jill Bensley:

The most effective form of birth control I know is spending the day with my kids.
 You know children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers.

John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester:

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories.

Kahlil Gibran:

Your children are not your children. / They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.

Koran:

Wealth and children are the adornment of life.

Louis Pasteur:

When I approach a child, he inspires in me two sentiments; tenderness for what he is, and respect for what he may become.

Lydia Maria Child:

Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!

Marian Wright Edelman:

If we don't stand up for children, then we don't stand for much.

Marilyn French:

To nourish children and raise them against odds is in any time, any place, more valuable than to fix bolts in cars or design nuclear weapons.

Mark Twain:

Adam and Eve had many advantages, but the principal one was, that they escaped teething.

Maureen Hawkins:

Before you were conceived I wanted you
   Before you were born I loved you
   Before you were here an hour I would die for you
   This is the miracle of life.

Michael Levine:

Having children makes you no more a parent than having a piano makes you a pianist.

P. J. O'Rourke:

You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they're going.

Pablo Picasso:

All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.

Pamela Glenconner:

Bitter are the tears of a child: Sweeten them.
   Deep are the thoughts of a child: Quiet them.
   Sharp is the grief of a child: Take it from him.
   Soft is the heart of a child: Do not harden it.

Pearl S. Buck:

I love people. I love my family, my children . . . but inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up.

Rabbinical saying:

Don't limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time.

Ralph Waldo Emerson:

There never was a child so lovely, but his mother was glad to get him asleep.

Roger Lewin:

Too often we give our children answers to remember rather than problems to solve.

Sidonie Gruenberg:

Home is the place where boys and girls first learn how to limit their wishes, abide by rules, and consider the rights and needs of others.

Sidonie Gruenberg:

To value his own good opinion, a child has to feel that he is a worthwhile person. He has to have confidence in himself as an individual.

St. Francis Xavier:

Give me the children until they are seven and anyone may have them afterward.

Theodore Hesburgh:

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.

Thomas Moore:

Family life is full of major and minor crises -- the ups and downs of health, success and failure in career, marriage, and divorce -- and all kinds of characters. It is tied to places and events and histories. With all of these felt details, life etches itself into memory and personality. It's difficult to imagine anything more nourishing to the soul.

William Shakespeare:

It is a wise father that knows his own child.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:20 am

In my opinion children have come from the heaven directly. I feel great to have the quotes on children. Thank you for sharing,
symulhaqu07eee

yolike

Post by yolike » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:23 am

Swami Chinmayananda was a great philosopher in hindu wisdom. Thank you for sharing his nice quote.

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”