inspirational quotes

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

amtheyst

inspirational quotes

Post by amtheyst » Sun May 25, 2008 12:57 pm

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
-Eleanor Roosevelt

amtheyst

Post by amtheyst » Sun May 25, 2008 1:00 pm

Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and only by this meeting that a new world is born.
Anais Nin

amtheyst

Post by amtheyst » Sun May 25, 2008 1:03 pm

Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier.  The way it actually works is the reverse.  You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want.  
Margaret Young

xpiriasoni

Post by xpiriasoni » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:15 am

You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want.  , explain
raza

VanessaJan

by Jimmy Dean

Post by VanessaJan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:14 pm

"I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination."
Jimmy Dean

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:25 pm

You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want.  , explain
Welcome to Mystic Board.

Each person gives his or her own meaning to words such as these, so I cannot tell you exactly how Amethyst interprets the meaning of Margaret Young's quote.

But my explanation for what you may feel that it is worth would be that Young is saying that each of us must in our own way and in our own time discover who our true inner self is (our soul identity), and live our lives in a way which more fully expresses this (live our reason for being here).

When we live a spiritual life which is consistent with our reason for being alive at this particular moment in this planet's and our soul's history, then the Universe is more likely to support our efforts to become a better person and give us whatever inner and outer resources which we will need to continue to grow and evolve as a spiritual and a human being.

Young has I feel done an excellent job here of both condensing and refining my much more lengthy and more difficult to follow explanation of its true meaning into her much shorter and easier to follow inspirational quote, the personal meaning of which each individual needs to interpret and apply for themselves.

Regards,

EoT  :smt031

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”