Thread Title about Quotes

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dhav

Thread Title about Quotes

Post by dhav » Sat May 31, 2008 12:47 am

hi everyone,

I would like to give a suggestion here about placing quote and inspirational words.Why not in the topic of every thread place a meaninful word describing the quotes.Because some threads have the same name and sometimes someone would like to see a quote again and won't be able to localize it easily.I am placing this thread at the top so that everyone see this message easily andf let me know about the suggestion  :smt005

regards,

dhav
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:55 pm

dear dhav ,

I am not  very clear about,  u  NOW  SPEAKING  about quotes, let me get this point with some example so that i can try my level best to make this thread better  please.

I feel , u yourself can arrange them into certain order like, love quotes , friendship quotes  or by some relative terms.

thank u ,

with love ,

prasanna.

L, K L.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:26 pm

Hi Prasanna,

what I meant was about quotes threads that got same name.I will take an example:
if there are about 10 topics with same name such as hindu wisdom(each one got different message).
Later a person come back to search for a specific Hindu Wisdom quote and all he/she finds is a lot of Hindu wisdom topics.How will the person know which one he was looking for.He will have to re-read each one to find he right one.

So with each topic of Hindu Wisdon you can add in the subtitle a sepcific word that the thread contain.Like to one Hindu wisdom thread you can add  Isa Upanishad,the second Hindu wisdom with Tirukural just like Tourbi has done.

If you try to see some earlier threads they have the title of only 'quotes'.How will aperson know where to look the exact quote he wanted if he wanted to re-read it.

Hope you catch my point here. ;-)

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:52 pm

I've started going back and giving additional titles. It will take time, if I get all the ones I did finished.
I will continue to give more definitive titles/subtitles, maybe humorous occasionally too.
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:46 pm

ok dhav , i understood now, i will do it, but i write quotes basing on one single word daily, every day a new word and not like tourbiji i write  ,  i write everything which daily has some relativity to my  own life , the words which i come  acrosS  and the idea i get,  which feels  vital to me,.the incidents which occurs , the things which i see, for example if i go to zoo that day i write about animals , i classified quotes sometime back in the order  of grahas , and sometime on the basis of 5 elements  called water, air, earth, fire etc and its sub subjects .    So  please help me to re allocate them into one heading ..    previously i was also of the thinking that what all we write under  philosophy are not rite to be termed philosophy, u have changed them to inspirations and words thread, i appreciate that now.

with thanks and love,

prasanna.

L, K L .
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:51 pm

prasannaji, it seems to me that what you are doing is just fine.  No one is saying what you are doing isn't.  All that is asked is that instead of Quote, standing alone, there is some idea of what the posts are about.  You are doing that.
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:57 pm

THANKS FOR SHARING TOURBIJI , STILL IAM CONFUSED WHAT WAY I SHOULD ARRANGE THEM WHEN I WRITE A NEW  WORD DAILY ?  SO ONLY I WRITE todays quotes on ....some word   ..... like perception ,spirituality etc

yours
prasanna.
prasanna

dhav

Post by dhav » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:08 am

hey Prasannaji,

Take it easy.You are doing fine.the way you put your threads are fine.What I meant is there should be no 2 threads with same title.don't worry.There should be changes from your part.

dhav ;-)

dhav

Post by dhav » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:12 pm

Hey Tourbi I forgot to add.the early post which you intend to change don't worry about them.No need to change them.Just take care about the new ones. ;-)

code

Post by code » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:48 pm

Hello Dhav,

Yeep, I actually agree with u. Would make things easier to have subtitles so one can re-locate a message of their chose. Being a newbie, that was one of the diff i had, trying to navigate and find something i wanted to view again.

Just out of curiousity - is this web/board used by Asian's only?

regards
Code

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:54 pm

hai code, let me tell  u.This MB  has world wide reach, not only Asians but also we have members from Australia , US, Canada , Germany,etc etc.
prasanna

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:23 am

I am not Asian.  If you look, on the side of posts, on the left near the bottom of info about the poster, often there is mentioned where the person is from.  
Colorado, USA. , born and raised.
Nora Roberts

kateri

Rumi; a memorable quote

Post by kateri » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:23 am

Outside ideas of right doing and wrong doing, there is a field.

I"ll meet you there.  

RUMI[/b]

deepdec31

positivity in life-4 best quotes

Post by deepdec31 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:19 pm

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happend.

Love makes life so confusing but without love would you want to live?

When you are feeling stressed and about to breakdown, just remember: STRESSED is just DESSERTS spelled backwards.. it's a piece of cake!

Don't waste your time on a man/woman, who isn't willing to waste their time on you.
True love doesnt have a happy ending.True love doesnt have an ending!

manillb

daily enspirational quote

Post by manillb » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:20 pm

hi everybody
     I would like to thanks for all suggession put up on this site[/quote]
Manish Sharma

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”