TODAYS QUOTES ON SENILITY

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

TODAYS QUOTES ON SENILITY

Post by prasanna » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:27 am

Senility quotes

“God, grant me the Senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference”

“When I was very young and the urge to be someplace was on me, I was assured by mature people that maturity would cure this itch. When years described me as mature, the remedy prescribed was middle age. In middle age I was assured that greater age would calm my fever and now that I am fifty-eight perhaps senility will do the job. Nothing has worked. In other words, I don't improve, in further words, once a bum always a bum. I fear the disease is incurable.”

John Steinbeck  (American Novelist and Writer, Nobel Prize for Literature for 1962, 1902-1968)

“I am in the prime of my senility”

Joel Chandler Harris  (American Writer, 1848-1908)

“In the modern techno-industrial culture, it is possible to proceed from infancy into senility without ever knowing manhood”

Edward Abbey (American Writer whose works, set primarily in the southwestern United States, reflect an uncompromising environmentalist philosophy. 1927-1989)

“That it should still be necessary, at this late stage in the senility of the human race to argue that women have a fine and fluent intelligence is surely an eloquent proof of the defective observation, incurable prejudice, and general imbecility of t”

Henry Louis Mencken  (American humorous Journalist and Critic of American life who influenced US fiction through the 1920s, 1880-1956)

“God how I hate new countries: They are older than the old, more sophisticated, much more conceited, only young in a certain puerile vanity more like senility than anything.”

D.H. Lawrence  (British Poet, Novelist and Essayist, 1885-1930)

“Inflation is the senility of democracies”

Sylvia Townsend Warner

“For the general practitioner a well-used library is one of the few correctives of the premature senility which is so apt to take him.”

William Osler (Canadian Physician, 1849-1919)

“There is nothing worse than an idle hour, with no occupation offering. People who have many such hours are simply animals waiting docilely for death. We all come to that state soon or late. It is the curse of senility.”

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”