TODAYS QUOTES ON FLOODS

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

TODAYS QUOTES ON FLOODS

Post by prasanna » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:12 pm

Floods quotes

“Love shortens time, changes the hours. Love is invincible. Many waters cannot quench it nor the floods drown. The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved.”

“There are two big forces at work, external and internal. We have very little control over external forces such as tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, disasters, illness and pain. What really matters is the internal force. How do I respond to those disasters? Over that I have complete control.”

Leo F. Buscaglia (American guru, tireless advocate of the power of love, 1924-1998)

“Great floods have flown from simple sources.”

William Shakespeare (English Dramatist, Playwright and Poet, 1564-1616)

“I confess that I love him, I rejoice that I love him, I thank the maker of Heaven and Earth that gave him to me. The exultation floods me.”

Emily Dickinson  (American Poet who has been called the New England mystic, 1830-1886)

“Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it.”

“Law is a fort on a hill that armies cannot take or floods wash away”

Muhammad quotes ( Religious leader, prophet of Islam )

“The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls.”

Elizabeth Cady Stanton (American A pioneer in the modern quest for women's rights, 1815-1902)

“Our love is like the misty rain that falls softly, but floods the river...”
mirela

African Proverb quotes

“God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought, disease, avalanches, and a thousand tempests and floods. But he cannot save them from fools.”

John Muir

“It is very perplexing how an intrepid frontier people, who fought a wilderness, floods, tornadoes, and the Rockies, cower before criticism, which is regarded as a malignant tumor in the imagination.”

Edward Dahlberg (American Novelist, 1900-1977)

“He shall not see the rivers, the floods, the brooks of honey and butter.”

Bible quotes

“From the fact that I had permitted them to announce My arrival for the function, they could well have inferred that the floods would subside and that I would be in their midst, for, once My word goes forth, it must happen accordingly. Do not doubt it. The furious waves calmed before Rama, the floods went down in time for Me.”

Sri Sathya Sai Baba  (Indian Spiritual leader, b.1926)

“And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: / And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.”

Bible quotes

“For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring: / And they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the water courses.”

Bible quotes

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”