Love,Life & Work!!

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

soul_flower

Love,Life & Work!!

Post by soul_flower » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:41 am

The supreme prayer of my heart is not to be learned, rich, famous, powerful, or "good", but simply to be radiant. I desire to radiate health, cheerfulness, calm courage, and good will. I wish to live without hate, whim, jealousy, envy, fear. I wish to be simple, honest, frank, natural, clean in mind and clean in body, unaffected - as ready to say "I do not know", if it be so, and to meet all men on an absolute equality - to face any obstacle and meet every difficulty unabashed and unafraid.
I wish others to live their lives, too - up to their highest, fullest, and best. To that end I pray that I may never meddle, interfere, dictate, give advice that is not wanted, or assist when my services are not needed. If I can help people, I'll do it by giving them a chance to help themselves; and if I can uplift or inspire, let it be by example, inference, and suggestion, rather than by injunction and dictation. That is to say, I desire to be radiant - to radiate life.

-Elbert Hubbard, Love, Life & Work; Roycroft Press, 1906
~*~* May the God and Goddess within you shine*~*~

Madhavacharya

Post by Madhavacharya » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:47 pm

Experience says, it is always easy to say than done.Hate jealousy, simple honest are relative terms.When one wants to live practical life,circumstances compel one to ignore,amend or mold these terms to his advantage.Is it a life or sorry state of affairs!!
LOVE ASTROLOGY

scarabcameo

On radiance

Post by scarabcameo » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:25 pm

To radiate life, you must have a core unending supply -- Congratulations on that!

heruthegreat

Post by heruthegreat » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:32 am

be radiant 1. emitting rays of light; shining; bright: the radiant sun; radiant colors.
2. bright with joy, hope, etc.: radiant smiles; a radiant future.
3. Physics. emitted or propagated by radiation.
4. Heraldry.
a. noting a partition line having a series of flamelike indentations formed by ogees joined in zigzags; rayonny.
b. (of a charge, as an ordinary) having an edge or edges so formed.
–noun
5. a point or object from which rays proceed.
6. Astronomy. the point in the heavens from which a shower of meteors appears to radiate.
7. a refractory absorbing and radiating heat from the flames of a gas fireplace or the like.
Origin:
1400–50; late ME < L radiant- (s. of radi&#257;ns, prp. of radi&#257;re to radiate light, shine), equiv. to radi(us) beam, ray (see radius ) + -ant- -ant

Related forms:
ra&#8901;di&#8901;ant&#8901;ly, adverb

Synonyms:
1. beaming, refulgent, resplendent. See bright.

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”