thought for the day

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ConfusedMind

thought for the day

Post by ConfusedMind » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:10 pm

More than thirty hours of sleep a week is a luxury that you cannot afford.    :smt045
I'm weird

Madhavacharya

Post by Madhavacharya » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:56 pm

for an adult, six hours sleep out of 24 hours, keeps the health in good shape.
LOVE ASTROLOGY

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:53 am

six hours sleep out of 24 hours will take bloody 18 years in a total life span of 72 years. I don't think I can waste a single second in the single human life I've got.

given it a thought?  :smt018
I'm weird

peaceseeker

Post by peaceseeker » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:40 pm

Well calculated, but sleep of less than 6hrs may as well reduce the total life span of a person. You need to account for that too. :)
Happy Sleeping!!
~~~~
ρЄ Д СЄ$eeКЄЯ

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:45 am

i've  no problem having a happy sleep. but i dream something. wanna dream my dream? check out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyOSx62c2Ic&feature=fvst

P. S.  - keep the volume full.
I'm weird

Elgina

Post by Elgina » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:03 am

I heard that some real great philosophers and scientists couldn't even sleep more than an hour because of their wandering minds and souls which couldn't make them sleep, sometimes for days to come.

What is your all opinion for this???

Elgina

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:09 pm

I think this reflects the point that i tried to make. do whatever you do but do not sleep unless it is a compulsion.  you just cannot live for more years by sleeping more and more.
I'm weird

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:49 pm

No...you don't live longer the expected by sleeping.....but as said....you might reduce your life span by not doing it.

I will throw in another thought in this discussion.

Sleep for us humans are the same as a battery charger is for a rechargeable battery.

When you sleep, then you end an awoken task....we do like a PC...we close down the task we have done...we put our "inputs" into the right files....our unconscious evaluate things that might lead to dreams, or even solve problems we have struggled with during the day....so yes....sleep are not a waste of time....it is one of our more valuable task, that gives us energies to struggle for another day :)

If we tell ourselves that we have not time to sleep, then our mind prevent the deep sleep..and even if we sleep for 30 hours an week...we don't get the same value as if we slept for 20 but in a relaxed environment.

We all are different.....we all have different stress....so how much sleep needed are always different....it all comes down to the ability to relax Image

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:20 pm

sleep durations are different for different people not merely because of the difference of stress level. at east, i think so. age is a major factor, no doubt. but the MOST IMPORTANT thing is Mentality and way of thinking. i believe, I am, and therefore, the world exists. so, i sleep as little as possible so that i can keep my world awake and none has say 'Wake Up' to it.
I'm weird

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”