CHANGE BEGINS WITH CHOICE

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

Post by Pravin Kumar » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:30 am

by Jim Rohn

Any day we wish; we can discipline ourselves to change it all. Any day we wish; we can open the book that will open our mind to new knowledge. Any day we wish; we can start a new activity.  Any day we wish; we can start the process of life change. We can do it immediately, or next week, or next month, or next year.

We can also do nothing. We can pretend rather than perform. And if the idea of having to change ourselves makes us uncomfortable, we can remain as we are. We can choose rest over labor, entertainment over education, delusion over truth, and doubt over confidence. The choices are ours to make. But while we curse the effect, we continue to nourish the cause. As Shakespeare uniquely observed, "The fault is not in the stars, but in ourselves." We created our circumstances by our past choices. We have both the ability and the responsibility to make better choices beginning today. Those who are in search of the good life do not need more answers or more time to think things over to reach better conclusions. They need the truth. They need the whole truth. And they need nothing but the truth.

We cannot allow our errors in judgment, repeated every day, to lead us down the wrong path. We must keep coming back to those basics that make the biggest difference in how our life works out. And then we must make the very choices that will bring life, happiness and joy into our daily lives.

And if I may be so bold to offer my last piece of advice for someone seeking and needing to make changes in their life - If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree. You have the ability to totally transform every area in your life - and it all begins with your very own power of choice.

randomthoughts

Post by randomthoughts » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:08 am

Wow, this was so inspirational.. I also have to agree with Shakespeare as well. Changing yourself is probably one of the most arduous obstacle. But seeing the root of the problem and admitting you have to change is the first step. If you have gotten that far, than you might as well take the ride in improving yourself.

Thank you for sharing this.. It really boosted me up :)

mk92

Post by mk92 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:23 am

I agree
I really need to take your advice lol thanks

positivelivin

Here's To Change!

Post by positivelivin » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:04 pm

"Change. It has the power to uplift, to heal, to stimulate, surprise, open new doors, bring fresh experience and create excitement in life. Certainly it is worth the risk."
—Leo Buscaglia

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”