QUOTES

A forum where you can post words which inspire you, or make you smile.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

QUOTES

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:40 pm

Mastery

“With more success, comes greater problems along with greater ability to solve them.” —Mark Victor Hansen

“Challenge everything you do. Expand your thinking. Refocus your efforts. Rededicate yourself to your future.”
—Patricia Fripp

“A professional is a person who can do his best at a time when he doesn’t particularly feel like it.”
—Alistair Cooke

“We have not wings we cannot soar; but, we have feet to scale and climb, by slow degrees, by more and more, the cloudy summits of our time.” —Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

“Mastery is not something that strikes in an instant, like a thunderbolt, but a gathering power that moves steadily through time, like the weather.” —John Champlin Gardner, Jr.

“If I work on a certain move constantly, then finally, it doesn’t seem risky to me. The idea is that the move stays dangerous and it looks dangerous to my foes, but it is not to me. Hard work has made it easy.”
—Nadia Comaneci

“Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain cool and unruffled under all circumstances.” —Thomas Jefferson

“A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; but a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist.” —Louis Nizer

“The great thing and the hard thing is to stick to things when you have outlived the first interest, and not yet got the second, which comes with a sort of mastery.” —Janet Erskine Stuart

“I have made a ceaseless effort not to ridicule, not to bewail, not to scorn human actions, but to understand.”
—Baruch Spinoza

Kate_Oranum

Post by Kate_Oranum » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:46 pm

I must go with this one : “Life is too short, or too long, for me to allow myself the luxury of living it so badly.”
― Paulo Coelho

I find it so true and inspirational!

Qizmo

re:

Post by Qizmo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:47 pm

These quotes are very touching.. They describe what I have been through

mic38helle

quotes

Post by mic38helle » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:22 am

:smt006
One of the quotes I live by is Nada es imposible.  Nothing is impossible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RasAlgethi

Post by RasAlgethi » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:01 pm

life is too short not to drink cheap wine.

Return to “Inspirations And Words For Today”